Behringer and the hits keep coming...

What do you think about Behringer products?

• Great quality and value for money!

Votes: 354 41.6%
  • Cheap but sometimes dodgy! I wouldn't buy core equipment from them. Not reliable enough.

Votes: 276 32.5%
  • Awful. Cheapness is no substitute for quality!

Votes: 102 12.0%
  • I dont give a crap, I dont have any.

Votes: 118 13.9%

• Total voters
choctaw said:
The belief that something is doing a good job for you can be very rewarding...until you find a replacement that leaves your orginal product out of the running. It all depends on what you know and what you want to do.

Some of us can be very happy with a low level situation when we lack any comparison........others know what quality is and pay the price and get the results in the form of superior creations. It's all in your view of what quality is, and what the end results sound like to your tastes. So we either know what quality is and require it, or we don't.

I have recorded in multi-million dollar studios and have released a few albums. I know quality. My Behringer mixer that I use at home sounds great, and works fine. I have been using it for 4 years now.

P.S. It's not about having "great" equipment. It's about doing great things with what you have.
St. Pepper was recorded on two 4 tracks.

Opinion is what makes for discussion.....

Toker41 said:
I have recorded in multi-million dollar studios and have released a few albums. I know quality. My Behringer mixer that I use at home sounds great, and works fine. I have been using it for 4 years now.
P.S. It's not about having "great" equipment. It's about doing great things with what you have. St. Pepper was recorded on two 4 tracks.

Choctaw writes: I am not in a debate about what you are anyone else feels is the right equipment to use when doing a job. I believe that is left to your experience and knowledge of what is possible in any given situation .

Your comment about “ It’s not about having great equipment but rather doing great things with what you have” would be up for discussion. I know that certain things come into play here…Good equipment, knowing how to correctly use it, and the ability to play the sounds in an acceptable manner all are part of music and it’s BIG Picture.

You can drive a nail with a rock or a hammer and get the job done. You might even finish a race driving a model T Ford but that fellow in that Formula One car can thrill the crowd of onlookers with all his bells and whistles. I have used low and high level Behringer mixers when I first started learning about DAW. They all produced noise in my recordings that does not show up on higher priced equipment. Also let me mention that the buttons, knobs, faders etc feel less that professional quality to my hands when using them.

I am sure the cheep things of life have a market to the ones who either don’t care, or can’t pay. But for me if something is of good quality with distinguishing attributes along with excellent performance, I love having it, and will always hate buying something for it’s price instead of it’s true value in a given situation.

Last edited:
To the person who called me an ASS in a rep rating, peep this. The owner of this site, DRAGON, gave me the ability to see ALL NAMES of posters to rep ratings earlier this year!!

I know who you are and will respond to you shortly! :mad:

You WILL be dealt with accordingly! :mad:

my last comment in this useless thread.............

.........the practice of posting rep comments to others be it negative or positive anonymously(like a few punk-@sses here like to do), will end very shortly! There have been several occasions on this BBS where rep comments were given that were not only hateful but also contained threats! :mad: Again, this type of bull-sh#t,anonymous posting will end!

There's nothing wrong with stating your disapproval of some-1's post via the rep-rating/comment function (my angry posts alone in this thread yielded a few neg comments from some who at least ID'd themselves<<<<I'm sorry if I offended ne-1...it's not personal if that's your choice....but believe me Behringer makes total garbage!!!>>>)

Ya' see HR.COM is more than a buncha' folks hiding behind thier pc's known only by some wack-@ss screen name. HR.COM is 1 of the few rec'ding sites that gives members a chance to meet, greet, jam, chill with other members thru it's annual JAMFEST's (go to this BBS's SEARCH function for more info). Many members here have had & continue to have, the opp'ty to meet face-2-face! Sh#t is real here!

To that one particular mofo (who will not be named) & had every right to post a neg comment on my rants which ended in name-calling; deciding to "hide behind his mama's skirt" thinking he won't be found out,... ;) ...., check out your member status & profile in the next 2 weeks! ;)

Peace
Q.rM

What exactly is your point?

Someone disagreed with the way you commented on the subject and gave you a negative rep, your post above makes you look probably just as immature as the guy that gave your the neg rep. So you know who he is, and now going to make a point of changing his user status to make a fool of him. I seriously doubt that was the spirit of these rep points.

On the other hand, I feel for you, I'm a moderator of the largest S2000 forum, and over the 5 years I've seen the same stupid questions over and over again. It's easy to forget that they came on the forum yesterday, can't be bitter because you're years in.

For some reason the thought of checking forums escaped me when starting out with some of my recording gear, and as such I bought some Beheringer gear. Ya, its pretty crappy, but it did what I thought I wanted it to, still in working order, and allowed me a cheap way in, albeit lead to an expenive journey afterwards.

I haven't been on this forum for all that long, but I read it every day, I don't have the pleasure of knowing all the threads, or you, and your posting style, but as a newbie the impression I get is you're being an ass, and belittling anyone that may be looking for advice and value in their gear purchases.

Not the greatest welcome to this forum, in which I have learned is a great resource. With this topic contantly on top, evey new guy reads this crap, and wonders if another forum might not be a better fit for them.

Mike

I use some Behringer gear in my home studio. Have never had a problem with it (unlike my Line6 gear), and it sounds fine. It is clearly not "pro" gear, but well beyond good enough for home recording. Not everyone can afford "top end" gear, and not everyone needs it. I would not, however, take it on the road and expect it to take a beating like things do on the road. I do know for a fact, though, that Alex Lifeson of Rush has a few Behringer pieces in his rack, as I have seen them with my own eyes.

I'm new here and dont' know much about how this "feedback" stuff works, but it seems kinda funny that the above post says he deserves the "neg feedback", but then claims the person who left it will pay for it. Kinda sounds like you might, in fact, be an ass :rolleyes:

Knowitall said:
I use some Behringer gear in my home studio. Have never had a problem with it (unlike my Line6 gear), and it sounds fine.

great! jus great.... i just picked up a $100 Pod..... geez..hopefully not another plastic sounding wonder box that falls apart! :rolleyes:

hey, MQ...

hiding behind thier pc's known only by some wack-@ss screen name. HR.COM is 1 of the few rec'ding sites that gives members a chance to meet, greet, jam, chill with

i liked that..wack-ass..... hehe, i wish i'd thought of it. thats frkn funny.

i think the Behri threads will die off as their quality improves.
i wouldn't fret over it...and it seems harmless other than eating up "memory space" which i don't get/understand how forums work.

but if you have crap that breaks or is noisy...shouldn't it be posted here?

maybe consoilidate all the Behri threads into one gigantic Behri Debate thread... then limit it to like 900 Gigs- :p

COOLCAT said:
great! jus great.... i just picked up a $100 Pod..... geez..hopefully not another plastic sounding wonder box that falls apart! :rolleyes:

hey, MQ...

hiding behind thier pc's known only by some wack-@ss screen name. HR.COM is 1 of the few rec'ding sites that gives members a chance to meet, greet, jam, chill with

i liked that..wack-ass..... hehe, i wish i'd thought of it. thats frkn funny.

i think the Behri threads will die off as their quality improves.
i wouldn't fret over it...and it seems harmless other than eating up "memory space" which i don't get/understand how forums work.

but if you have crap that breaks or is noisy...shouldn't it be posted here?

maybe consoilidate all the Behri threads into one gigantic Behri Debate thread... then limit it to like 900 Gigs- :p

...or, how about this...
MQ could just stop whinning :eek:

I've enjoyed reading through the replies here and I'd tell ya this. If Behringer is soooo damned contravertial, I wouldn't go near it! Some people say that their behringer stuff works good, while many claim they suck. I'd err on the side of caution and not spend a dime on behringer equipment. Why take a chance that I'd end up falling through their lousy customer service cracks. Screw 'em. It's pretty obvious that they make crappy equipment.

I've only used one piece of Behringer gear--the 4700 headphone amp, which has worked fine. I did have to return the first, though, because of a noisy channel. So mixed results for me.

And about those rep point--personally, I find the private feedback helpful and even enlightening, a good way to keep myself in balance. Here's the best I've received recently:

"How about this comment: You are a giant gaping ****! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona! Suck the bona!"

What a guy.

J.

Sirnothingness said:
I've enjoyed reading through the replies here and I'd tell ya this. If Behringer is soooo damned contravertial, I wouldn't go near it! Some people say that their behringer stuff works good, while many claim they suck. I'd err on the side of caution and not spend a dime on behringer equipment. Why take a chance that I'd end up falling through their lousy customer service cracks. Screw 'em. It's pretty obvious that they make crappy equipment.

Yes, and after my recent Fender excursion....I'd include Fender as poor Quality Control too.

They've sold-out too...
no doubt about Fender, they've expanded so much in their quest for the Bigger dollar bill and cheap lines that it's obvious there's no "Leo" left to them.

I was making a very sarcastic remark and joke in poor taste of Fender selling out....about they'll probably come out with Tennis shoes and underwear and ties.

Then I was on their Home page and there they had frkng FENDER TENNIS SHOES!!!

it makes me puke.

A manager at GC and a woker at WalMArt have botht said Fender will be coming out with a "new line" at WalMart....gee I can't wait! :p

Last edited:
http://www.fenderusa.com/store/enter.php?department=fenderfootwear&node_id=3

Hope I didn't offend any Fender obsessed fans. I posted this link to their tennis shoe line to help Fender sell more things as a apologetic move to the Fender Followers whom i might have offended by assuming sellout & a guitar mfg. selling tennis shoes is wrong...and that they posibly have lost touch, looking at the shoddy workmanship on their amplifiers in a local store.

I haven't worn any Fender tennis shoes so no opinion on quality. I didn't read the adverts so unsure if they are intended to make one play better.

:D

Hmmm, $50 for a $12 pair of canvas sneakers...Something ain't quite right. Shouldn't it be more like $499 for a $12 pair of canvas sneakers? To follow in the grand musical instrument markup scam tradition, I mean...Nothing Fenderish, of course... ;)

Eric

Old quality of Fender.......It is history in todays market.

COOLCAT said:
http:// I posted this link to FENDE..., no matter who is playing on the instrument.

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Well said.

Good time to mention that there is NO new Les Paul worth $3000. They are not even hand made, and rarely even come set up right. I would expect to pay that if it were coming from the Cali Custom shop, but there is no excuse for a Gibson Les Paul Custom (which is NOT made at the custom shop) costing $3000. A fair price would be $1000-$1200.

Price...means different things NOW day's

Toker41 said:
Good time to mention that there is NO new Les Paul worth $3000. They are not even hand made, and rarely even come set up right.

Your so right Toker41...Well it is interesting that this thread started about Behringer and the low esteem concerning their quality control and production……….now it has moved to a more general consensus showing the drift that most companies including the so called Big Names, are putting out throw away equipment……..lacking quality both in sound & player enjoyment. Value is connected to performance. Its not that you get what you pay for either, for the pricing is too high on everything from gum to gas. I don’t see it getting any better either. The new players in general…(there are exceptions, but darn few) seem uninformed about what quality should mean in an instrument. Hay Toker...better watch that smoke, it will get to you over time.

Attachments

• smoker.jpg
    smoker.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 274
Back