http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-263862A1.pdf

:D :D :D

-mr moon

Here's the post's text, in case the link doesn't work for you:

NEWS
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, D. C. 20554
This is an unofficial announcement of Commission action. Release of the full text of a Commission order constitutes official action.
See MCI v. FCC. 515 F 2d 385 (D.C. Circ 1974).
News Media Information 202 / 418-0500
Internet: http://www.fcc.gov
TTY: 1-888-835-5322
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
February 16, 2006 Janice Wise (202) 418-7450
Janice.Wise@fcc.gov
FCC PROPOSES FORFEITURE AGAINST BEHRINGER USA, INC.
FOR MARKETING UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT
Washington, D.C. -- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) today proposed a
$1 million forfeiture against Behringer USA, Inc. for apparent violation of the FCC’s equipment
authorization rules.
The Commission concluded that Behringer apparently violated the FCC’s rules by
marketing in the United States at least 50 models of unauthorized digital audio devices. The
rules require that these devices be tested and verified compliant with FCC technical standards
prior to marketing them in the United States.
In proposing its forfeiture amount, the Commission considered that Behringer marketed
the unauthorized devices for more than five years overall and for almost a year after it was on
notice of the FCC's investigation, and that Behringer derived substantial financial gain from the
sale of the unauthorized devices.
Action by the Commission, February 16, 2006, by Notice of Apparent Liability (FCC 06-13).
Chairman Martin, Commissioners Copps, Adelstein and Tate.
Enforcement Bureau Contacts: Janice Wise at (202) 418-7450 and Ava Holly Berland at (202)
418-2075
- FCC -

Reactions: NL5
one million... that just a CEO christmas bonus... I doubt anyone's loosing sleep over that...

It almost seems that Uli operates his business with an "I don't give a F*** what you say" attitude. This guy must be really high up on himself.

junplugged said:
...how did you even find this!?

Someone posted about it up on another forum where prostitutes discuss recording hardware and such ...if you catch my meaning, as it were. ;)

-mr moon

Behringer gets away with what they do because they can afford too... Obvious ripoffs of patented products (down to the layout of the face plate)... but they're so big that they'll bury anyone who goes after them in millions of dollars in legal costs... years of litigation... and we all know who wins when lots of money is involved...

Mr. Moon said:
Someone posted about it up on another forum where prostitutes discuss recording hardware and such ...if you catch my meaning, as it were. ;)

-mr moon
hey, slutz give it away for free

jonnyc said:
It almost seems that Uli operates his business with an "I don't give a F*** what you say" attitude. This guy must be really high up on himself.

Does the name Bill Gates mean anything to you? ;)

If its for noncompliant digital devices, I'd guess its probably for all of their mixers that have onboard digital effects, and their MIDI controllers and control surfaces.

MOFO Pro said:
but they're so big that they'll bury anyone who goes after them in millions of dollars in legal costs... years of litigation...

You make it sound like Behringer is a Microsoft or Exxon or something. And I doubt that they're going to "bury" the US government in millions of dollars in legal costs.

This isn't like "did they copy a design", they either filed or they didn't. If they're failing radiated emissions on all those products, the 1 million fine is just the beginning of what this will cost them.

Don't know what all is on the list, but I suspect the Behringer DDX3216 Digital Mixer is on it... Saw one in a small studio a week or so ago and was digging around the web to see what I could find on it... Only thing I've found out so far is that MF doesn't have it for sale and ZZounds doesn't have it in stock... Of course it may have been dropped on it's own.. It's about 3 years old.. Of course there's nothing showing up on behringer.com to replace it yet...

--
Rob

Back