avalon 737 need clips

mr. produca

i read some people say that the tlm 103 through the 737 was pure magic for for rap vocals and i also read so was the soundelux u195.for all its worth i saw slim thug using a tlm 103 with the 737 in his "i aint heard a that" video but that doesnt mean he used it for the song. i really like how that song sounds. does anybody here use any of these combinations.please post a sound clip or something.the mp3 clinic doesnt help much :confused: i want to hear some sound clips because it makes everything else so much easier!!!
if you have something that you used the avalon 737 mic pre on please post the result.and please tell me the mic you used if is other than 2 i mentioned earlier.
peace

I was wondering the same thing I have the tlm 103 with the eureka presonus mic pre. The guy I bought my mic from at the guitar center told me that preamp won't do the tlm 103 any justice just buy the avalon 737. Lol. (As if I had the money.) I figured it couldn't be that much of a diffrence but obviously it is. A lot of people have been saying how incredible the two sound together. Maybe I'll get it next year with my tax money or something. Lol.

It probably would. The M5 doesn't have a compressor or eq I think? It's missing some things all I care about is the pre amp honestly. I have plug ins for eq and compressors

doesnt the 737 have tubes in it,and the m5 is solid state right,i think they would sound pretty different.i think the m5 is cleaner than the 737,it would be nice to hear the two in action :( but i guess ill just have to wait.

this would be a few months down the road,im tryin to save some money so when i go to a store to try it i can buy it.sam ash lets you audition stuff????

I don't have any clips to post but the tlm can be a bit brite which may help your vocals cut through where the 737 really helps you out is how smoothly it warms up the sound of the Neuman and still keeps it in your face. All mic preamp combinations vary depending on the type of voice coming through them. I used to run my tlm through some inexpensive pre's also but once you run it through the 737 you will notice a difference right Away and I am betting you will love the difference.

But your recording chain is only as good as your weakest link. so if you have crappy converters you may not hear all that much of a difference. Taking all that into account I think you will be much better served with the 737 as oppossed to the m5 but that is just my opinion.

Here is a couple R&B Type Joints I recorded using the Avalon/Dragonfly.

'What You Mean' By Gab Gacha (My Favorite MC & Brother) Featuring Merrari

'Down And Out' By Sin City

wow!!!!!

im speechless :eek: i love both tracks,"what you mean" had a very nice flow,the hook blew me away,very tight production,and "down and out" had me from the first few seconds,i coudnt hear any flaws, :D but you know newbies like me:everything sounds good priced 1k and above :D :D i guess im supposed to be judging the pre :D all i gotta say is wouldnt mind my tracks sounding that way.good music is good music right :D
cant say enough thankz!!!

mr. produca said:
anybody else??

Good lookin out bro! I appreciate that. I have some other harder tracks I've recorded but I didn't have anything uploaded at the time. The Avalon is nice though, but If you're not trying to spend over a 1g I'd take a look at the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro channel strip. I had that before I got the Avalon and it had a very nice clean sound to it. I paid probably less than 400 for the one I had. Worth the money in my opinion. I got a clip using that too if you want to hear it. Let me know.

Peace.

scarboro78 said:
Good lookin out bro! I appreciate that. I have some other harder tracks I've recorded but I didn't have anything uploaded at the time. The Avalon is nice though, but If you're not trying to spend over a 1g I'd take a look at the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro channel strip. I had that before I got the Avalon and it had a very nice clean sound to it. I paid probably less than 400 for the one I had. Worth the money in my opinion. I got a clip using that too if you want to hear it. Let me know.

Peace.

Scarboro That's is great work Fam ! You should be proud. From the vocals to the mix and arrangment it's all on point.

Preci$e said:
Scarboro That's is great work Fam ! You should be proud. From the vocals to the mix and arrangment it's all on point.

Thanks a lot Precise. It's rare to get much feedback from this board and it's all appreciated. Thanks again.

-Scarboro.

Back