Audio Black List Coming Soon

Youre missing the big picture. If some idiot does buy that, it raises the average asking price. Thats bad for all of us, and you know for what it really is, thats a ridiculous price.

This is happening to pretty much every type of decent analog gear. Its just economics. But what were doing is combating inflation. Lower your prices or get boycotted by your target market. People do it to all types of businesses and entities for eveything from bad service to... guess what? High prices.

So in reality this is a pretty rational and intelligent thing for analog users to do. Also, no. I dont want to pay a price that high for any gear. I don't think any of us do. I think youre just trolling this thread a little and dodging the real issue at hand, and kind of making this out to be us getting butthurt over free trade, killing these ebay sellers already meager profits.

Or maybe youre secretly flower pot guy. Trying to thwart our plans. But seriously, the whole point of this is to kind of regulate what ebay cant, and yes, force them to lower their prices. I just see no place for debate in this. Nobody can complain about what either side is doing, its fair, its legal, and its just the way things tend to get balanced out.

Yes, this is the point absolutely!

It comes down to two different kinds of sellers... reasonable and opportunistic. There are actually tape oriented sites that are trying to give tapes certain celebrity status, and the people running the sites are selling tape on eBay.

We've always been a go-to resource for people asking what the good deals are out there. Not only have we been happy to recommend reliable gear, tape, etc, we know what fair prices are and we share that info free of charge simply to keep the analog community going.

Noobies are being shafted on ebay and we should care enough to intervene. Every time a seller successfully rolls a buyer with these ridiculous prices we all lose. Prices will keep going up.

As I mentioned earlier, this is not simple supply/demand economics. It is a conspiracy to take advantage of the unaware, plain and simple.

eBay feedback is broken. There is no way to communicate with buyers or warn sellers, so I've come up with one... plain and simple, and it's about time.

Anyway, I'm almost there. I've got the templates a layout about there. Looking for a host with limited to no popups or annoying ads. It's going to be online, like it or not. eBay sellers will get friendly warnings and then they get listed as bad sellers... end of story. They can get removed from the list by playing nice with the analog community. Otherwise they are the enemy and will be treated as such.

I've read this thread a few times and commend Beck on putting this idea together.

I think that it's perfectly ok that someone wants to pay a certain amount for an item, whatever it is. But if the perception is that the item is priced at that amount because that's the going rate and the going rate has been artificially rigged by the control of the supply, then whether you think this is right or wrong, the need to be able to find this out and make a call based on this info is crucial. I was offered some RMG 1/2" pancake reels the other day from a dealer I had bought tape from in the past for £48 each including tax. I thought this too much and offered about £30 a reel, a price which I thought was about right (to me of course). He hasn't got back to me because he probably knows he can shift the stuff at the higher price. The price differential between what he wants to get for it and what I want to pay is open, fair and honest.

Just my tuppence worth...

Al

Back