attention recording enthusiasts in arizona

No dude, Austin's bit to liberal for me. I call Dallas my home. I'm thinking about going to see Ryan in Austin, but then again I hate festivals. Have any links to stuff you've recorded?

peace,
Rafe

Cool, haven't been to either place. I don't have anything up right now, I've been in Florida all summer, so I haven't had access to any of my equipment. It's killing me...but I get home soon, so I'll be making up for lost time. You have anything to post?

TexRoadkill said:
Instead of it being a geeky forum meeting can we bring beer and just call it a party? :D

texroadkill@yahoo.com

Dude Jal, dont tell the misses its a party. If shes anything like my wife, none of us will be getting in the door. Just tell her its a geeky forum meeting :) Ill bring some toys you dont have, and theres a few you have I'd like to hear. Cya.

Yeah, I'll be looking forward to hearing some new gear. If I have anything anybody wants to hear (which may be unlikely) I'll bring it. And some beer...I'll definitely bring some beer. We could rotate this thing to different people's studios (wives/girlfriends may not want the "party" at their place every time). There wouldn't be anyone else at my apartment, though my studio won't be real impressive.

BTW, how old is everyone? I'll be 22 in a few days.

hehe yeah actually my wife is way cool. that was just a sad attempt by me trying to make a joke. hehe. anyways yeah itll be great to hear some new stuff and talk about different techniques. if anyone has some idea or wants to know what my plan is to run this thing as far as how we'll try different things and having enough chairs give me a call: 480.898.9904 anytime. -jal

hey elektrikaz, im 29 ill be 30 at the end of january. :eek: heres a link all about me.jal
i never had anything on my site about me, and i always got pestered to do it so here it is.

Hey, Better Off Dead and Donnie Darko! Donnie Darko is on the all time favorites list. Have you seen Grosse Point Blank? I love Better Off Dead, but GPB is my favorite John Cusack flick. The Charlie Kaufmann stuff is all cool too.

gross point blank is awesome. i think cusak is a very underated actor even though lately hes been getting recognition. i think hes better than cruise, his sister is awesome too. -jal

Hey Chickens,

Jal just included me in this discussion board, and I'm pretty stoked about being a part of this group. I just moved to the Phoenix area from Salt Lake, I play keys mostly, but am a recording enthusiest. Basically, I'm just working at home with my Yamaha s80, Baby Blue Bottle, mBox, iBook, and picking my aHole trying to get over the protools learning curve. Been working at it for about two years now, and really just experimenting with mic placements and eqs. Still clueless.
I'd be happy to host a night or two, even though I have no pro equipment, or furniture for that matter. Oooh, strike that. I do have an office chair. But on the plus side, there is no wife, so when the group turns to conversation for a week instead of pracitcal hands on, bring on the beer.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Bryce Francis
bryce@forrentmusic.com
forrentmusic.com

this is good

hey...
thanks jal, good to be on board. I'm playing a show tinight (8-5-04) at modified. Laptops and live audio manipulation. Should be interesting.
have a good one!!

RIGHT ON! im psyched this is gonna be great. ive been talking to some pro friends (mastering engineers, and techs) about making a visit to our killer forum. im excited. -jal

Az recording

Hello
I am out here in Peoria 67th and Olive area. I would like to come check everyone else out as well, sounds like fun. Here is a list of my small set-up.

Behringer MX 9000 board ( I didn't know) hope to replace soon!!!
1=adat xt 20
1-Fostex D-90
1 Fostex D-5 dat machines
1-Fostex CDR-200
Joe Meek -VC1Q
dbx-386
Aphex 107
DigiTech -vocalist
2 patch bays
1-DigiPatch digtal patck bay
custom bild P-3 1.6 gb with 1.4 gb sdram
Solo SeaSound interface and sound card
old and I mean old AKAI S01 sampler
Aphex 109 parmetric EQ
T.C electronic Trile -C compressor
Lexicon MPX-500
ICX Hush unit
Deltafex processor
dbx DDP
Art SGX processor
data sync 2
usb Midisport 4x4

mics
cad E-200
mxl-V67
mxl-V77
Studio Project C-1
2 -603
At-4033
octava MK-319
Groove Tube GT-55
cad-M-179

more to type, but I am tiered now! may come back to it later.

if yall have local friends who r recording enthusiasts pass the word. hey elektrikaz im holding of until u get back. + itll give me time to get things situated for this. -jal

jal said:
if yall have local friends who r recording enthusiasts pass the word. hey elektrikaz im holding of until u get back. + itll give me time to get things situated for this. -jal

Cool. Thanks for waiting for me.

Jal,

Man I have a prior engagement on the 28th :( I would hate to miss it. How about Fri the 27th? Ill understand if it cant be done.

Thanks

Back