attention recording enthusiasts in arizona

jal

i know this doesnt pertain to the forum but i heard their are alot of arizonans on this forum, sooo.......

i want to start a live forum where recording enthusiasts can meet and talk shop. we can have it at my studio at first but it isnt very big (20x20). if anyone is interested in this call me: (480.898.9904) ,or email me: ( jal@audioconfusion.com ). i wanna shoot for like the end of august if anyone knows of a better place we could do this let me know.

thanks -jal

Hey cool!

I'll be back in AZ for the year in mid august. That would definitely be cool.

I know TexRoadkill and musical5 (think I got those names right) are arizonans.

I'm in north east scottsdale, how about everyone else?

Nice gear. I would love to hear that Telefunken v672. I've heard those things are REALLY nice.

I'm currently in Florida. Still hot, but so much better than AZ in the summer.

My current setup is very small. Definitely a home studio:

Computer I built myself
Aardvark Q10
Windows XP
Cubase SX
Waves Plugins
Rode NTK
(2) Shure SM81
Sennheiser MD421
AT4033
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Les Paul Classic
Taylor 814ce
Random bass guitars

Used to be in a band. I got into recording and found out I enjoy that a lot more than being in a band. For now I record myself and my friends, but I eventually want to have enough equipment to where I can do some local bands and demos.

Where are all the other AZers?

no kidding where r u guys???? so what kind of music r u into? im into older 60's and new (the beatles and like flaming lips) i prefer lower-fi stuff, but i have to record hi-fi too cause i do this for a living. -jal

OK, this is totally cool!

I live in Peoria and I'm just geting started to learn my M-AUDIO keyboard. I've got it interfaced with my PC and plan on picking up Cakewalk very soon.

I'm mostly into alt-country, indie rock, rock (Pete Yorn, Ryan Adams, Death Cab for Cutie). So far I've done a lot of acoustic rock songs as acoustic demos for some friends' band.

death cab for cutie, no kidding u like postal service too? yeah i record evrery type of music except rapp pretty much. just cause i usually dont like their attitude and i dont like to do kareoke style recording. -jal

hey can u guys email me so i know ur email address? i want to add it to the list of people im gonna email when well have the live forum. -jal
ps: even if youve done it will u do it again thanks.
jal@audioconfusion.com

Jal and I have spoken by phone already. Elektrikaz, Ill be there. It will be cool to meet ya. Hopefully Tex will show up here soon. Heres the type of stuff I do, although I do venture into heavier stuff as well. I record all kinds of stuff part-time, punk, hip hop etc

See you guys soon.

Justin

Forgot to answer Jal's question.

Yes I do like Postal Service. I saw Death Cab when they came to the Marquee Theatre recently...very good show.

Some other bands I like are:

Abandoned Pools
Year of the Rabbit
Radiohead
Jesse Malin
Iron and Wine
Gillian Welch
Chris Isaak

Strange list I know, but that may give you an idea of my influences.

Elektrikaz- You should move to texas and start a band with me, your taste in music is absolutely superb.

Peace,
Rafe

yeah thats how my list is kinda. i recorded a local band called peachcake thats somewhat like postal service. man im psyched about this forum i hope it sticks, itll be fun. :D -jal
www.peachcakemusic.com

hehe. yeah sounds good if i can get my wife on board with it. :eek: thanks tex ill email ya with a date soon. -jal

sprayfe said:
Elektrikaz- You should move to texas and start a band with me, your taste in music is absolutely superb.

Peace,
Rafe

Haha, thanks. Are you in Austin? Seems like that's a great music city. I really want to come out for Austin City Limits and see Ryan Adams (and others). But I may drive over to L.A. to catch him.

Back