Are real drummers "extinct?"

"Maybe he has 4 beats in the bar, he might do something like missing one of the bass beats, letting the note played at that point by maybe the bass player be that missing beat. Therefore the rhythm of the song isn't just a drum part and the bass part but a true combination of the two, interlocking, flowing and tighteening the whole song up. He will also do it with other parts of the arrangment to a lesser extent, so where you maybe expected a hit-hat is instead a note from the singer or on the guitar. "

This is a great description of a working rhythm section ! :-)

Nope .. but not just cos of the sound ... in that track the drums don't do much,all the real drummer timing,feel,little alterations are missing ... these cant be solved with "real drummer played midi clips" cos those clips are made for something else,they`l kind of fit but will never replace a real drummers writing additions ...

Writing imo is the right term,they don't just "play along" they write parts,that extra process will always be missing form vst`s ...

Vst`s are great for working stuff out,but if i had to use midi i would make sure a real drummer spent some time sorting those dammned horrid "beatz" out,even if all that's needed was a straight basic 4/4 ...

real drummer all the way,all the time :D

i would make sure a real drummer spent some time sorting those dammned horrid "beatz" out,even if all that's needed was a straight basic 4/4 ...

I bought ez drummer to use for demoing song ideas. It works great for that, but it takes forever to use, and I'm spending even more time manipulating the "beats" into something that doesn't sound totally fake and stupid.

I bought ez drummer to use for demoing song ideas. It works great for that, but it takes forever to use, and I'm spending even more time manipulating the "beats" into something that doesn't sound totally fake and stupid.

Have you used Reaper's humanise function? If you're just doing scratch tracks, copy and paste and humanise might do all you need?

Well gee Greg, I hate to tell you bud, but I THINK that every time you post a comment, your signature just happens to provide the world with every freakin link to your music right? roflmao...gotta love your style! Peace :)

Back