another tune being worked on

That's a nice sounding guitar. I'm jealous. Good playing and singing. There is a fair amount of noise in there. I would mute it at the beginning. Otherwise, well done.

Yeah, that noise issue. I should have brought up my input level a little more for the guitar track, it's usually not that noisy. If this were anything but a couple take audio track, there's no way I could live with that noise. I'm trying to get an idea of what others think of my tunes, so thank you for the kind words.

Well I have 5 other songs better than this in my opinion... not quite an acoustic intimate feel, but still that acoustic rock sound with a bit of distortion lead. Once I have the patience to record them, you'll see it on the board. Thx for kind words.

After another listen, maybe put a little more high frequency in the EQ to glisten it. My only suggestion...nice song, nice playing and delivery. :)

"There is a fair amount of noise in there. I would mute it at the beginning. Otherwise, well done."

nooooooooo!! The noise is fantastic. It adds ambience and gives a great visual feel to the production. You can hear your hands moving on the fretboard and the shuffle of your clothes. I (personally) wouldnt change a thing. Its a beautiful song and a beautiful performance. Fantastic guitar sound. Perfect vocal. I love it!!

Cheers

Dee

I can only echo the obvious. Great tune, well played. For this kind of tune, a 57 wouldn't have been the first thing I'd have reached for. Personally, I'd have wanted a close miked condensor for a more intimate sound. Now if you have some kind of arrangement in mind with more instruments piled on, that's another matter all together.

Actually guitarhunny, you're right; my fingers do slide across those strings. Set of elixer nanoweb on the guitar. My favourite.

DeeExpus, the string noise and clothing noise is acceptable I agree, but I'm not sure I like that hum at the beginning though. Fortunately, this isn't a serious recording, so I can only remember when I record it next time to ensure it doesn't exist. Thanks.

Track Rat ,I'm going to have to try micing this with a condenser eventually. I own a couple cheaper ones, but didn't produce the sound I wanted at the time, so I went with the 57.

Thanks guys.

Back