Another Soundcard poll

Which 8 channel recording solution?

• Aardvark Direct Pro Q10 ($700)

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Delta 1010 + Mackie 1604-VLZ Pro ($1000)

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • None of the above- Look some more

Votes: 38 51.4%

• Total voters
I would get a layla 3G before i got a delta 1010, my own preference though.

a sweet setup:

echo layla 3G = 450 (CDN)
m-audio octane 8-channel preamp = 700 (CDN)

i'm not sure what the exchange rate is lookin like right now but that's probably under 1000 US.

confused about firewire/pci cards?

I'm trying to find a good, not too expensive, PCI card that will pass 800 mbps on the firewire and give me 2 - 3 additional USB ports to my computer. I'm looking for imput on brand names and reasons why to buy? :eek:

I run a Allen-Heath MixWizard 16:2 with a MOTU 828mkII for the 8 inputs to the computer via firewire. I am leaning on going with a 896 to get the 192khz. The 828mkII is still the cleanest sound I have gotten so far. You can do this setup for right around $1800.00. I know that is on the spendy side, but is it ever clean sounding!

I origianlly started with a Tascam US122 (ack barf). That was not a good setup for me at all. Then I tried a Mackie 1620 with the firewire card. Bad part is there is no post eq on the firewire. I consider that a major flaw, especially with the new Perkins eq!! :rolleyes:

M-Audio Firewire 1814: $415
M-Audio Octane: $475

Total: $890

What you get for this is (at least in theory) the ability to record with any of the following configurations:

* 2 channels @192 kHz (both with preamps)
* 8 channels @ 96 kHz (all with preamps)
* 16 channels @ 48 kHz (10 with preamps)

:D

chessrock said:
Guys, guys, guys ...

This thread is 3 years old. I'm sure he's made his purchase by now.

Maybe he's upgrading! Or maybe he bought the Aardvark and they went out of business!

Back