American Music Supply?

c7sus said:
All I know about ebay is I got a really nice Elkskin flogger for $79. All handmade, weighted/balanced handle. 1/2 inch-wide falls 22 inches long. The whole deal is about 3 feet long. Made right here in Tacoma, WA. The guy didn't make it until after the auction so I could pick colors. It really packs a bite!
What??? :eek: 79 bucks!!?!?!? Are you retarded??? That's not a "deal" at all... It's too bad people like you just don't know any better,... so let me "school" you with my superior knowledge.

I can get that same Flogger for only 45 bucks on www.Iknowbetterthanyou.com. So there...

Sheesh... buying it for $79....?? *hmph* It's a good thing there are people like me aroond to straighten out your stupidity...

oh yeah... and by the way,... my dad's stronger than your dad too...

:rolleyes:

:p

:D

WATYF

Last edited:
LOL.. well look at that... there really is an iknowbetterthanyou.com... :D lol... I wonder if newguy is the webmaster.

:p

WATYF

I like AMS

I like AMS a lot...
I bought a Tascam USB/Audio interface that didn't work at all for me...
I called them and they promptly returned my money...

I LIKE that... No questions asked...

However, I have to reverbate the comments earlier here...
I do have a few local places that I buy from as well...

Sometimes, they are more expensive... But, I enjoy the people that are there...
It's a great way to "comune" with people... Those people being there is sometimes worth the extra 50 bucks I'll pay for an item...

And most of the time...
Even the "locals" are within the shipping cost of the items anyway... So, it's a wash...

riverdog
www.homepage.com/riverdog

AMS

AMS>>>>Still the best service/pricing on the mid to low end gear---great return policy....payment/interest and the quickest phone{ live salesperson} answering system on the mailorder planet...we order at least 3-5000 a year and with a "no questions asked" return...hard to find this service locally or the net---for upper level gear I would go with Mercenary...fastest order delivery we have seen and every bit as knowledgeable as Full Compass/Sweetwater ...on directing you to the correct gear... you can shop Ebay or fine tooth the net for a 5/10% savings,,, but for secure- new gear-AMS

C Jo Go

http://fp2k.redshift.com/cjogo/crystalrecording.htm

I told you that I'd come back after my auctions ended and tell you where the phone can be found for $99. My auctions have all just ended so here I am.

The phone is available at Radio Shack B&M stores for $99. It was available at Radio Shack B&M stores for $99 out the door until Thursday or Friday. Now you can still get them for $99 but it requires a mail in rebate, which means sending in a UPC which means too much trouble to sell on eBay as a new item.

It was a very quick websearch that turned up the cheap phone on Radio Shack's website. Their site also boasts that they have over 7200 stores and that 94% of people in the US live or work within 5 minutes of one, so this phone is/was very readily available. I found a number of them in my area in about 30 minutes. So their claims are probably true.

In your case WATYF, there are at least 2 Radio Shacks within a mile of your apt (or is it a duplex, it's hard to tell from the pictures that I've got) and within a 6 mile radius there are at least 7 or 8 of them, so you shouldn't have had any trouble getting this phone for $99

WATYF said:
In fact... in a quick search, there is not one place that had this phone available for less than $299. Therefore.. I have established beyond question that the average retail price for this phone is $299. And I can get them all day on eBay for 100-150. So...

Is eBay lower than retail....???

Yes.
Radio Shack B&M is retail. So the answer in this case is "No". Wrong again my friend.

But as I stated from the beginning,.. by very definition, I have paid less than retail price
And you have been incorrect from the very beginning. $99 was the retail price when you bought your phone on eBay. You paid more than the retail price, not less. Maybe math just isn't your strong point. $160 is more than $99, not less.

And by the way, your original statement was "Cant' get it anywhere for less than $299" not "$299 is the average retail price" there is more than a small difference between those claims.

Just a couple other minor things and then I swear I'll let this rest. I'm not sure why you think I'm young. I stopped by your website yesterday, looked at your pictures and I can guarantee that I'm substantially older than you.

Also I don't know why you think I'd "be new to the net". I obviously know more about using a search engine and eBay than you do, so if I'm a novice then you're but a fetus.

You also really should take some reading comprehension courses. Your posts continue to be full of revisionist statements and pure fantasy about things that both you and I have stated.

And, of course, even after multiple requests you still can't provide one single example of your claim that "for every marked-up completed auction example you can give, I can show you one that ended lower" but I'm not surprised. You've been full of hot air since your first post here.

Before I go I should thank you for the extra spending cash I made off of selling these phones. I had never even heard of this phone before your posts here. Maybe you can give me some more examples of eBay being a buyers market and I'll make another couple hundred bucks selling stuff on eBay.

So that's it, this horse has been beaten to death and I've got no more time for you. But if you're still interested in that smackdown, let me know. From the sounds of you, in this and other threads here on Homerecording.com, you could stand to be taken down a notch and lose a bit of your attitude. I won't be posting here anymore after this, but you can e-mail me at: JasonE13@hotmail.com if you're interested.

Dude... let it go already...

:rolleyes:

LOL.... I could use to lose some attitude.... lol... "Hello kettle... this is the pot... you're black." :p You've been nothing but an arrogant jerk for this whole thread... and my "attitude" in other threads is always humor. (you catch on to that after a while.) I'm nothing but helpful around here to anyone who asks a question that I know the answer to... apparently, you seem to have overlooked that... not that I'm surprised.. you seem to have a knack for misrepresenting minutia, while ignoring large amounts of evidence that contradict whatever it is you're trying to "prove".

and wooooowww... you know how to do a mapquest aerial photo search.. well you get a cookie for that!! :rolleyes:. lol.. You have got to be 14 or something... cause nobody over the age of 20 or so touts every little piece of knowledge they have like that, as if it's some kind of shiny bozo button for all to see.

WATYF

P.S. Don't forget to hook up with Tyler657recpro before you leave the BBS. You and he should get along great. ;)

Last edited:
newguy said:
And, of course, even after multiple requests you still can't provide one single example of your claim that "for every marked-up completed auction example you can give, I can show you one that ended lower" but I'm not surprised. You've been full of hot air since your first post here.

*Ahem*

Click Me

What's that sound...??? I hear the faint rumbling of a smackdown in the distance...

:cool: :D ;)

Man.. you paid 99 bucks for it...??? I coulda got it for $85!! *sigh*.... well... it's folks like you who just "don't know any better" that give eBay such a bad name...

WATYF

lol.. this is fun.... don't leave... I'm just startin' to like you. :p

Last edited:
For Fucks Sake.........WATYF............DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the arguementative, infantile little dip-stick realises how utterly obnoxious he is coming across as being.

Oh, and Newguy, don't bother replying to this post.

:cool:

yeah.. I know... I shoulda ignored him from the start... oh well... live and learn... :p at least it was fun while it lasted... :D

lol... now I gotta go tell my sis if she had given me more time I coulda got her the phone for 85 bucks... :eek: *doh*...

on second thought... maybe I won't mention it... :cool:

WATYF

I always use American Musical Supply. Good service, good prices, no sales tax, free shipping if you order over the web - but only if you order over the web, and etc. But different places have different deals with makers and sometimes Musician's Friend or some other place will do you better. I only ordered from Musican's Friend once and they botched my order then had to back order it and told me it would take six weeks to get a Morley Wah pedal. I was like, "Six weeks? Forget it." I ordered it from American Musical. It was $5.00 more. But who cares. $5.00 to save me some serious aggravation. I give 'em a solid thumbs up. In fact, I just ordered some stuff this weekend. Always shop around though. It's worth at least a preliminary review of the different pricing. Then you won't kick yourself later and be like, "damn. Why was I so lazy?"

Happy Shopping, happier music making.
Ponto.

Back