Alan... No Stephen Paul Mic?

DJL said:
If you know Neumann ripped off Stephen Paul and that the M150 has a his SPA diaphragm... come out and say it,

Also, provide the proof.

With that statement alone, it becomes apparent that you don't know anything about Stephen Paul's background... Or simply playing devil's advocate out of spite.

So, the question now becomes "Why do you feel the need to stir up sh*t when you already know the truth"? Are you really that consumed with hatred of all things PMI?

Back in the 80's Stephen was the Neumann dealer in the USA. Stephen started making mods to our Neumann mics and no know one said Stephen was ripping off Neumann even tho he was using Neumann mics as his foundation. So "if" Neumann made a mic with an idea Stephen had as the foundation I don't think it's ripping off Stephen any more than when Stephen used a Neumann idea as his foundation. Now, I really want to lighten up about all this... and only talk about it behind closed doors with friends and etc. So with that said, I'm done with this thread.

DJL said:
...and only talk about it behind closed doors with friends and etc.

That's all anybody ever wanted you to do for the last nine pages. Let's hope you really mean it. Please do not include me among either "friends" or "etc."

i think to be fair he actually has lightened up the last few days so let's get back to a more useful conversation ... ... harmony central 2, anyone?

Gidge said:
I miss DJL.....

Yeah, ...pretty boring around here nowadays. Both JP22 and Walters didn't have nearly the longevity nor the "questionable" intent and motivation that DJL did.

-mr moon

I've been sort of out of it. Did the Stephen/Alan collaborative mic ever make it to market? If not, are there stil plans to realize this project?

littledog said:
I've been sort of out of it. Did the Stephen/Alan collaborative mic ever make it to market? If not, are there stil plans to realize this project?

Last I checked it was due to be released any month now. Don't hold your breath... I expect the second coming of Christ to arrive first.

As I understand it, everything about the mic has to be approved by Stephen's right hand man Tony M, if he feels there is something not meeting the necessary standard, well, it is probably "back to the drawing board".

I think what most people fail(ed) to understand was that disregarding his idiosynchrasies, Stephen was an exceptionally talented individual and while he may have been able as an individual to create a "unique" mic, putting it into production has posed way more problems than anyone could ever have anticipated. If it is at all possible for it to be manufactured, I believe it will become a reality.

I don't normally say anything here, but I'm prototyping instruments and in doing so, I place much tighter tolerances on both myself and the gear I'm working with than I would ever expect to see from a manufacturing company.......I think this may also have been the case with Stephen and his mic.

:cool:

I have forgotten about this mic. Surely it hasnt take another several years to get it out. Is it not happening?

there was something on there website just a few weeks ago stating that they had some news coming up in the next couple months on the progress of the mics...so yea, who knows

Ironklad Audio said:
there was something on there website just a few weeks ago stating that they had some news coming up in the next couple months on the progress of the mics...so yea, who knows

I hope so.

Expecting to have the new studio up by the end of the year. What a nice Xmas present that would make....

From what I understand, the Stephen Paul mic will actually be produced by Nady. Behringer also plan to make a knockoff of it shortly, under the name: "Stephen Paul Ultramic Pro." Apparently, that was the big guy's dying wish.

David Artis said:
I hope so.

Expecting to have the new studio up by the end of the year. What a nice Xmas present that would make....

Not the end of this year... Tony has been sidetracked with a place to work out of. He got into a bad lease deal, but the mic is not gone. The next 90 to 120 days will be a major step towards its completion. Brent and Tony are working hard on this custom built capsule.

I look to end of March 07 for this thing to be released.

alanhyatt said:
Not the end of this year... Tony has been sidetracked with a place to work out of. He got into a bad lease deal, but the mic is not gone. The next 90 to 120 days will be a major step towards its completion. Brent and Tony are working hard on this custom built capsule.

I look to end of March 07 for this thing to be released.

WELL LET ME SAY "WHAT A GREAT WAY TO BRING IN SPRING".

Still hanging in there. :D

Back