Akai MPD-24 MIDI pad unit

mixmasterJ said:
This Sounds Stupid But Whats The Difference Between A Mpd And A Mpc........

Because In A Month Or Two Im'a Buy A "akai" Mpc 2500......

And I Seen The Pic Of The Mpd-24 And It's Beautifull......

I Just Wanna Make Hot Beats.....you Feel Me......1

You cant make beats on the MPD. Its a midi controller, meaning it controls software that makes beats.

The MPC is for making beats.

but in all honesty man, you sound like theres a lot you need to learn.
Stick around these boards and read through threads.
Dont drop all that money for an MPC if you dont know anything about it.
ALWAYS research before you buy. never buy something without researching it.

ethos said:
You cant make beats on the MPD. Its a midi controller, meaning it controls software that makes beats.

The MPC is for making beats.

but in all honesty man, you sound like theres a lot you need to learn.
Stick around these boards and read through threads.
Dont drop all that money for an MPC if you dont know anything about it.
ALWAYS research before you buy. never buy something without researching it.

cosignage :)

peritus said:
cosignage :)
Another cosign as far as us mere humans go.

Legends on the other hand...
I was reading an article with RZA though and he got the SP1200, knowing nothing about it and in 24 hours and a lot of weed, he figured it out and went on to make classics.

Akai MPD 16 is Junk

altitude909 said:
Who is "most folks" and where are they saying that?

RE:I am on my second MPD16 and the pads are fine

I had the Akai Mpd16, It only allow 2 Banks a/b for thre new price 99.00 welll ok but when it came out 249.00 was not worth it. I bought the trigger Finger after returning the Akai Mpd 16 and the pads felt much better, you have the sliders to use via for level, volume or whatever you set it for via midi. As far as the pads on the Akai MPd 16 , it is NOT the same as on the MPC, so don't believe the hype. I am not sure about the MPD 24, it looks nice has new features plus I like the fact you can start stop and rewind your software program from the unit, and they finally added more sliders and knobs, which come in handy. And for those speaking against the knobs, its great to use them for tweaking voulme faders, and any other mixing device feature, save times. The price is listed at 199.00 from the few sites I did find it. I think I will wait to see what happens next month when the NEW Korg pad Kontrol is released also 199.00 and a lot of hot features, one thing the Korg lacks is the sliders. Check out the video demo here

http://www.clicklive.com/KorgUSA/sniffer/KORG_padKONTROL/platform.html

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=KPC1

By the way I still use the M-audio trigger finger with my laptop when I travel, if you want a drum pad workstation sampler Roland MV8000 beats the Akai MPC Hands down, built in hard drive, and it has an optional vga card adapter to connect to a VGA monitor which gives you that computer feel type recording in a workstation that samples, has drum pads, builtin mixing software with a lot of templates and mastering software, builtin cd burner, floppy dive that is Akai sapmle compatiable. And it never crashes, at least it has not crashed on me yet. More then I can say for my computer.

http://rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=572

one things Ive noticed about the mpd16 is that its usb midi sucks ass. If u use good old fashioned midi the pads are always responsive and its a lot more stable. Midi cables are the way to go if ur gonna buy one of these units

By the way I still use the M-audio trigger finger with my laptop when I travel, if you want a drum pad workstation sampler Roland MV8000 beats the Akai MPC Hands down, built in hard drive, and it has an optional vga card adapter to connect to a VGA monitor which gives you that computer feel type recording in a workstation that samples, has drum pads, builtin mixing software with a lot of templates and mastering software, builtin cd burner, floppy dive that is Akai sapmle compatiable. And it never crashes, at least it has not crashed on me yet. More then I can say for my computer.

My boy Siege has one of those, he primarily uses that now.

Mpd16??

How do i get this to operate wit Fruity Loops? i was told it works with Fruity Loops and Reason im new here as you can see thanks

octave +/- option ?

does anybody know if Mdp24 has an octave +/- option ? please answer, i have to know that before buying it ... I'll be using it in reaosn, for rex slices and in redrum also ... waiting foir an answer .. thank you in advance

Soundforsoul said:
does anybody know if Mdp24 has an octave +/- option ? please answer, i have to know that before buying it ... I'll be using it in reaosn, for rex slices and in redrum also ... waiting foir an answer .. thank you in advance
thats referred to as banks on the mpd and theres 4 of them

thanks, but still confused

i want to know if there is any octave up/down switch on the mpd 24, like an transpose octave from usual midi controllers . i want to use it with reason , and it's very important to know this
Still waiting for an more explicit answer

No there is not an octave button. You program a MPD(or any drum pad) anyway you want, it does not map straight up a scale unless you set it up that way. Xman is right though, thats what the banks do. What I do is keep my primary drum machine program in one slot on my MPD and the have a straight scale from C0 in the B bank

crunkthanamug said:
Im thinkin bout gettin an MPD also...does anyone know if it has a tap to tempo feature similar to the MPC???

No, that is the sequencers job. The MPD is just a controller

Back