Akai MPD-24 MIDI pad unit

This has MPC style pads, theyre better than the pads that were on the MPD 16.
This thing is also damn near as big as an MPC.

Yeah but most folks who got the MPD-16 said that the pads didn't feel like real MPC pads.

Also, am I the only one that noticed the M-Audio diss? That shit was hilarious.

Who is "most folks" and where are they saying that?

I am on my second MPD16 and the pads are fine

Ive never used the mpd 16 either. but ive heard the pads were lacking. if youve used it and liked it though, then 'sall good.

jibran said:
Also, am I the only one that noticed the M-Audio diss? That shit was hilarious.

lol, yeah I saw that. made me laugh.

Am I the only person who isnt feelin this mpd24

I'm with u on that. I really dont see the benefit of dials on a drum pad since I am pretty used to pounding on my MPD and there is no benefit for real time tweaking required at all, just keeping up with the jones's i guess. I get pads to beat on, dial/faders etc are all on my keyboard.

Lets remember that the MPC pads were protected with a patent until recently, thats why everyone is copying them now so I would have to say anyone who has those style pads with no matter what options is copying akai. I have used the korg and roland clones of the "pads" and neither of them had anything close to the feel of the akai ones. Both were SUPER spongy and if your used to how hard you have to smack the akai ones, they were pretty useless since getting the same velocity on a hit was pretty akward when there is so much travel on the pad.

aparently people like the spongy pads. everyone always bitched that the mpd pads were too hard and the trigger finger pads were perfect which is why so many people jumped off the mpd when it dropped i hate the trigger finger pads kuz they are too damn soft however the korg is really only the best kuz of its options and especially that drum roll that sold me on it but im not buying one

altitude909 said:
Any sampler will do that (or midi plugin for that matter)
yea but its a lot easier to just press a button on ur midi controller and its there vs programming it in software

yea but its a lot easier to just press a button on ur midi controller and its there vs programming it in software

right... i'll keep the $100 and reach over the whole 6 inches to the mouse instead. If korg is using the same pads as they do in the Kontrol keyboards, i would avoid it at all costs

the mpd originally debuted for $200 in 2003 it just didnt catch on till right before they discontinued it

Where does it say the mpd16 is discontinued? Now that its $99, i'll bet they will sell more of those than anything

altitude909 said:
right... i'll keep the $100 and reach over the whole 6 inches to the mouse instead. If korg is using the same pads as they do in the Kontrol keyboards, i would avoid it at all costs
its not the whole 6 inches im talkin bout its programming it in the software. And I dont plan on buying one but if I were in the market I would buy the korg but I have a mpd16 Im straight.

altitude909 said:
Where does it say the mpd16 is discontinued? Now that its $99, i'll bet they will sell more of those than anything
This was a long while ago. The original MPDs were blue those were 200 and they werent selling well for a year and a half and akai stopped shipping them for like 6 months (aka discontinued) and started puttin out the silver ones just before the Trigger Finger dropped. it wasnt an offical discontinue but its obvious where they were goin.

This Sounds Stupid But Whats The Difference Between A Mpd And A Mpc........

Because In A Month Or Two Im'a Buy A "akai" Mpc 2500......

And I Seen The Pic Of The Mpd-24 And It's Beautifull......

I Just Wanna Make Hot Beats.....you Feel Me......1

Back