akai dps16

version 1.50 will give you a metronome,and additional midi control. They improved the pitch corrector so it can be used with other effects simultaniosly.the remain time was inproved.mtc slave sync operation improved.

snapper...
How much does the 1.5 cost?
How do you install it?
I took for granted that this thing had a metronome, until I started to play with it and realized it didn't!

Yes you can download the update for free but you have to use their os-2 software,have a scsi equiped computer and a jazz,zip or whatever drive all of which I dont have. I ordered a ricoh mp7060se cdrw to do my back-ups and os updates. You can order the update from akai on cd for $19.95.

scsi ?

does any one know how to hook up the DPS16 to a computer, my computer doesnt have a scsi port. Is there an adapter or something to hook it up to the computer?

I gotta get the version 1.5, thats cool to be able to use the pitch corrector with other effects! Is it really free?

Does anyone know if you can get more effects for the DPS?

Howdy

1) maybe if this thread reaches 100 or so replies, someone will realize a DPS 16 or at least an AKAI forum is warranted!

2) I have the new (at least at the time!) plextor 32/12/4 burner and have had some problems with disks being read on one player and not on another. I also got a funky error message (something about SCSI error "11" I think it was) when I was trying to write. I went down from max to 1x and it wrote, but I still had the (embarrassing) problem of having the jingle I recorded passed to a radio station and...NOTHING showed up on the disk even though I had checked it on my home (INEXPENSIVE!) player.

Any Suggestions? I live in the land of no (or very difficult) returns and/repairs...Mexico. Is there an ancient chant I'm supposed to do or something?

D out ITNOJ

Re: DeepStripper on a DPS16

Hi all;

I have written the Deepstripper program and I'm glad to let you know that it was tested on DPS16 backup files.

If you own a DPS16 and want to get all tracks back on a PC without burning them two at a time as stereo pairs, the program is currently your only option. MESA is of no relevance here.

There is also a version for MAC and Unix in testing now. I'm looking for a brave MAC user to lead it off. Feel free to let me know

Enjoy,

-- Dror

ffmada said:
I was just wondering if anyone has tried using this with the dps16. For more info check this site http://www.alive.co.il/deeps

:)
madfadder [/B]

Back