After 2 Years Here Ya Go

Good Friend

I found my old post where famous beagle tried to be smart at me but failed miserably when i pointed out that he not only cant write tunes well, but that he cant turn the knob on his tremolo well either. So here ya go, you all wanted it and asked me 2 years ago where i learned it all so..

Alright nerdgins, failed seekers, metalheads, deadheads, ex hal leonard employees, stoners etc... i have decided to spread unto you the greatest informative book ever written in the history of compositional technique. But i do so with a few warnings. 1. If you look upon this, see a few familiar terms and decide you "already know all this sht", then you have failed. And likely will always fail. At everything. Until some poor wench makes a husband out of you and makes you sht out two kids and sell your music equipment on ebay for diaper money. 2. Do not expect overnight improvement after reading this book. It teaches you how to fish for your own genius, it isnt an instant fix and if you lack imagination this cant help you gain it.

Alright you naysayers, exhippies, messenger shooters, country music songwriters trying to make it big in nashville by slowly incorporating more and more hip hop influence into your country songs youre trying to sell....

here it is:

http://www.roedyblack.com/PGS_Produc...ALLY_Works.htm

Do not take it lightly betches, this is for real. You will forever remember this day that the great wide consciousness of man came together in this tiny corner of existence so taht you could stop writing garbage tunes and finally create something that makes your friends jealous and your girlfriends encouragement genuine at last.

BEHOLD!

BUT REMEMBER THE RULES! REMEMBER THE 2 RULES!

the book

Now this is what you will get from this book (a few things)

He is going to show you the scientific research debunking the concept of intelligent design by a God (yes you will read how they know there is no God as we imagine him to be)

He will show you the research that proves that man is a monkee that learned to survive by developing mental capacities for things such as "music" as social bonding tool and selective pressure in mating. He will also sho you the research that proves that music PREDATED language.

Then he will show you every possible variation in music from scales and how they really seriously work to convey tension and release rather than just names of scales and move on to chords and all possible variations of structure. You will learn there is only 4 types of chord changes. You will learn alot of things you never knew simply by categorizing them and explaining what they really mean. You will see the work of the beatles dissected and all realities about music as magic reduced to fact only.

Then if you paid fcking attention you will apply it in your dissection of others work and you will begin to see there are not different types of music. There is one type of music with sub categories of what things they are built out of. If you listened the fck up and reread you will realize how many tricks are being exploited easily by famous rich performers. And then youll realize they only gots that one trick. Like Thom Yorkes ridiculous overuse of melodic suspensions while harmony is moving faster than melody. Its all hes got. Thats his trick, but now youll know the name. And Coldplay, they only got one trick too and its works a bit like radioheads trick only they use a pattern rather than held notes ov erth mving harmony. Coldplay are sequence abusers. Youll know it all man, all the names for all the tricks. Youll even know why John and Paul are really jsut two clever hacks who were lucky enough to be young at the same time they learned all this shit from stealing other people licks. You will know it all.

and

And the greatest thing you will learn is that anything, ANYTHING you hear in a song, is a trick that is explained by a technique.

FCKING ANYTHING

And if you learn this well you will hear the mechanics of every single tune and be able to tell instantly whether the writer is skilled or not. Or at least whether or not the technique is being solidly used or if it is just random. You will see patterns in other writing, things they either do on purpose or on accident. Even yourself.

This book will force you out of your personal rut. It identifies your rut and shows you what you are doing wrong WITH EXAMPLES.

Not only that, you are going to see some crucial things that amateurs miss. Like the importance of melody and melodic pattern. And whats great about this book is it will show you how science knows that human response is universal, then it will show you examples of tunes you know and love, then it will show you how to do it wrong, then it will show you how to improve. It does this FOR EVERY ASPECT OF WRITING.

Dont take it lightly.

enough

enough out of me.

Go forth unto this world and create something that isnt a weak mess built only out of the musical elements that your brain has accidentally habituated over the years of your interest in music.

GO FORTH HIPPIES

YOU

ARE

WELCOME

I found my old post where famous beagle tried to be smart at me but failed miserably when i pointed out that he not only cant write tunes well, but that he cant turn the knob on his tremolo well either. So here ya go, you all wanted it and asked me 2 years ago where i learned it all so..

Alright nerdgins, failed seekers, metalheads, deadheads, ex hal leonard employees, stoners etc... i have decided to spread unto you the greatest informative book ever written in the history of compositional technique. But i do so with a few warnings. 1. If you look upon this, see a few familiar terms and decide you "already know all this sht", then you have failed. And likely will always fail. At everything. Until some poor wench makes a husband out of you and makes you sht out two kids and sell your music equipment on ebay for diaper money. 2. Do not expect overnight improvement after reading this book. It teaches you how to fish for your own genius, it isnt an instant fix and if you lack imagination this cant help you gain it.

Alright you naysayers, exhippies, messenger shooters, country music songwriters trying to make it big in nashville by slowly incorporating more and more hip hop influence into your country songs youre trying to sell....

here it is:

http://www.roedyblack.com/PGS_Produc...ALLY_Works.htm

Do not take it lightly betches, this is for real. You will forever remember this day that the great wide consciousness of man came together in this tiny corner of existence so taht you could stop writing garbage tunes and finally create something that makes your friends jealous and your girlfriends encouragement genuine at last.

BEHOLD!

BUT REMEMBER THE RULES! REMEMBER THE 2 RULES!

Well it SOUNDS good but the link doesn't work. Betcha just cut and pasted this all over the internet didn'tcha. Sarah would be proud don'tcha know Joe...

He is going to show you the scientific research debunking the concept of intelligent design by a God (yes you will read how they know there is no God as we imagine him to be)

He will show you the research that proves that man is a monkee that learned to survive by developing mental capacities for things such as "music" as social bonding tool and selective pressure in mating.

I have no doubt that I am a product of God's Intelligent Design. However, if you insist, I won't question your descent from monkeys. (Spelled correctly this time.) Perhaps that is why our posts on this board differ so radically. Best of luck with your mission to inform the inquisitive masses.:p

Now this is what you will get from this book (a few things)

Because the meaninglessness and bleakness of a Godless universe is a central concept to good (or marketable as the case may be?) songwriting?

:D

Is Higgs bozon...God?

Between gravity and levity the conflict and passion pulls at our emotions and we pay attention for no other reason than to be entertained. We can get all smart only to learn the more you know the more you know you don't know. Man is all smart and everything but are we smart enough to figure out by sticking a stick into a termite mound you can extract termites to eat? Maybe monkeys evolved from us, or took a separate path because we are a dead end species.

Is it just me? Or does he STILL seem incapable of providing one example of his own original work?

*yawn*

I am beginning to suspect he's a pedantic pedagogue.

"Damn Term Learners (zzzzz.zzzz.z.zz.zzzz *snort* zzzzzz *fart!* zzzzzzz)"

here's the REAL link, (out of sheer morbid curiosity)...

http://www.roedyblack.com/index.html

its a small vanity press sort of thing, if I had to guess.

the series of books are called "how music REALLY works" and also 2 others for music and lyrics, how they really work too.

eh...

seems a decent series, maybe, just looking... but... uhm... *why isnt this guy bragging about all the gold records he wrote the songs for people* ?

THATS the main problem I have with most songwriting texts. I have never heard of the author's album, nor seen the name on CD inside jackets with credits.

I mean, you want MY attention?

Get Elton Jonh/Bernie Taupin... Bruce Hornsby... Jeff Lynne... and if those 3 either wrote the book, or at least gave it an ENDORSEMENT, I would likely buy it...

*just like I never heard of the author, I never heard of anyone that gave the "reviews" either...*

Sorry... I'm really, really, really a smartass

Really, if you really use the same word often enough it really looses it's meaning and really losses it's impact, really.

I have not been here for a while and was pleased to see Good Friend’s post, finally citing his source from his many long diatribes in the past.

I am not sure if he is attacking faith, non-scientific song writing or both. I will not go into matters of faith here, other than I am an atheist but I can’t help it because that is the way God made me. On the issue of science however I am very vociferous.

It is very popular today (particular as marketers attempt to differentiate their products – bake beans, cars or song writing books) to evoke ‘scientifically proven facts’. To adopt the ‘scientific method’ or to simple pose a theory and prove it once does not ‘scientific proof’ make? A scientific proof once proposed must be rigorous tested and proved again by others – so that the difference between correlation of events and causation are firmly established.

Evolutionary psychology is an exciting and amazing field, but like archaeologists on a dig it works largely from (albeit informed) inference. While music may have a social origin (see The Singing Neanderthals) and may well be ‘hardwired’ in our brain as Noam Chomsky suggested language is – does not lead to the obvious assumption that we know how or why it is that way. Or indeed how to predict particular behaviors because we are evolved in a certain way.

With greater certainty biologist can tell us about the evolution of our limbs, but that does not explain or predict the many variations we se on this planet, or even the various capacities those limbs show (just recently in Beijing) within our own species.

I’m sorry Good Friend, but as I surmised a few years back and now you have quoted your source can conclude – you evoke science with the fervour of a zealot and claim both the moral and intellectual high ground by citing a limited study and largely out of context piece of research. The evidence of the research in no way proposes a methodology by which songs could be written with a predictable outcome.

As noted above if someone REALLY knew how music, tone, etc, REALLY worked, then they would be writing REALLY great music and making loads of money – not trying to sell books with REALLY bad sciences.

Y'all have it wrong! It's not that the techniques described in Wayne Chase's book referenced above aren't proven to work.

It's that the author and other enlightened few that have read the book, like Good Friend, just don't want to write hit song ... after hit song ... after hit song.

Of course they could if they wanted to. I mean, they have the formula right in front of them! They could be selling hit songs left and right, never having to worry about money again (for their children or grandchildren as well for that matter!). And these wouldn't just be hit songs! They would be filled with deep, emotional lyrics and profound messages that really touch people.

The formula says so! It's science!

Oh, and by the way, there is exactly one melodic suspension in Radiohead's "Karma Police." It happens in the coda:

For a minute there, I lost myself
I lost myself.

That's it. Somehow he managed to write the entire rest of that brilliant song without resorting to his "only trick."

scientific research on God

I particularly love the "here's the scientific research on God" line from Good Friend. I'd like to know how those scientists actually conducted the research on God. Soon I may post the religious research on science proving that everything you know is wrong; that's my theory at least, and I'm sure I can find the right texts to prove it.

I particularly love the "here's the scientific research on God" line from Good Friend. I'd like to know how those scientists actually conducted the research on God.

Believers will be able to conduct posthumous interviews......... :D ........the devil for everyone else.:eek:

I'm done posting here for a while now. I am planning to return once we are songwriters and poets again. I miss those days and the great advice I received from unknown friends. It helped me to grow more than any book could.

Dave's Awesome Blog

Science, math,physics, cosmology and music

Believers will be able to conduct posthumous interviews......... :D ........the devil for everyone else.:eek:

I'm done posting here for a while now. I am planning to return once we are songwriters and poets again. I miss those days and the great advice I received from unknown friends. It helped me to grow more than any book could.

Dave's Awesome Blog

Is music the voice of God? Is it the mathematics of vibration? Is it created or manifests spontaneously? Is there music in a vacuum? If particles and force fields (Higgs Bozon and Higgs field) exist in empty space do they transmit vibrations and do they vibrate spontaneously? If indeed there is a particle that accounts for mass (Higgs Bozon) and the associated force field (Higgs Field) that forms the dimensional structure of space then everything in the universe vibrates spontaneously. The harmonics of this fundamental vibration create nodal interference patterns and resonances that stimulate the creative part of our brains. Therefore if the Higgs Bozon and Higgs Field (The God particle as physicists call it) exist, then music is the voice of Higgs Bozon (the God particle).

Is music the voice of God? Is it the mathematics of vibration? Is it created or manifests spontaneously? Is there music in a vacuum? If particles and force fields (Higgs Bozon and Higgs field) exist in empty space do they transmit vibrations and do they vibrate spontaneously? If indeed there is a particle that accounts for mass (Higgs Bozon) and the associated force field (Higgs Field) that forms the dimensional structure of space then everything in the universe vibrates spontaneously. The harmonics of this fundamental vibration create nodal interference patterns and resonances that stimulate the creative part of our brains. Therefore if the Higgs Bozon and Higgs Field (The God particle as physicists call it) exist, then music is the voice of Higgs Bozon (the God particle).

I'm going to write a book explaining the REAL quantum physics behind music. Using the secrets I'll explain you'll be able to write hit song after hit song by using mind control. :D

Back