Aardvark 24/96 and Win 2000

System Mainboard

The System Mainboard is:
Manufacturer:Compaq
Model: 07BCh

IF this is bad is there anyway I can change this to another board down the road?

Might be tough to upgrade that MOBO. Many manufacturers (HP, Dell, Compaq,...) use proprietary MOBOs. The do not conform to a form factor standard (ATX), so if you went out and bought a new MOBO, it probably wouldn't fit in your box. At some point, you could buy a new box, and MOBO, and re-use everything else from the Compaq and go from there, but I wouldn't recommend that at this juncture.

If you _really_ need to record _now_, you've got a few choices:

set up your machine as dual boot
format and go back to Win98SE or WinMe
move forward to XP Pro

Or you could _wait_ until Aark works out the kinks...

Queue

Hopefully this weekend they will have the drivers out. If not, then I can probably get a copy of 98se for free, and may try the dual boot. I would rather move to XP Pro but is that really going to fix it? I am not too sure about that.

Well, I believe everyone I have talked to running XP Pro and Aardvark have the thing working. That is 6-7 people. But I don't know if their computer setup could have some affect on it also?

Soooo much factors into the equation. Just because someone else has XP Pro working with their Aark does not necessarily mean it will work for you. It means it is possible. Conversely, just because XP Home does not work with your Aark does not mean XP Home does not work with all Aarks.

Queue

FZ,
Beta 5 is up.

Aardvark downloads...

from the readme.txt file:

Windows 2000/XP - ASIO/MME BETA 5
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Products: Direct Pro Q10, Direct Pro 24/96, Direct Pro LX6, Aark 24 and older Aark Products including Aark 20/20, 20/20+ and Aark TDIF.

PLEASE NOTE: This beta version of the driver is not supported by Aardvark or Aardvark Tech support.
Please send any questions and bug reports to beta@aardvark-pro.com.

KNOWN ISSUES
============
a. Does not support Hibernation on Windows XP
b. Audio functions are not available to WDM-only applications.

Queue

SO??? WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST GUYS?

I've heard everything and what is the clue?

I'm running Athlon Xp 1500 with WIN98SE and Aardvark 24/96..

Got sick of WIN98SE..

Should I switch to 2000? or XP pro?
Are the programs working in XP?

I've heard that Xp has a problems with optimization and it eats a lot of CPU...

Should I make a dual boot? Which two OS's with?

Please help guys

TORUS

I couldn't get Beta 5 to install. Got Beta 4 to go after an initial error, then letting W2K install oem4.inf from the WINNT directory.

Now I'm dealing with noise issues...

Queue

I couldn't get the W2K drivers to work for me...

I got beta 4 to load, but it emitted a high pitch whine in the left channel...

I didn't try XP... prolly be the same.

I ended up installing WinMe... works fine (Aark driver version 5.12)

ECS K7S5A
AMD 1700+

Queue

Back