Aardvark 24/96 and Win 2000

Kitwell

I am wondering when the Win 2000 drivers for Aardvarks direct pro series are coming out. I love my card but the beta drivers are shit and I am getting sick of running 98.
Thanks,
Kit

Which beta drivers are you talking about? Beta 1 (was there a 1?) Beta 2 or Beta 3?

I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard some success stories with Beta 3.

Queue

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a beta driver update. For the most part the drivers are working well...there are few minor installation issues with a few specific computers that we are working on right now...once these get worked out, the drivers will be out of beta. It shouldnt be too much longer. Beta 4 is on our website for download now.

Thomas Adler
Aardvark
thomas@aardvark-pro.com

I use the ark24\96 and really want to get away from W98. I hope W2000 is the way to go and aardvark is right about the new drivers. But I will wait untill someone tells me the new drivers are solid.

Don't EVER buy an Aardvark!

I tried the Beta 1 and 2 drivers. Neither would install correctly, and my DirectPro has been non-functional since June.
I guess I should have waited to upgrade, but I write software for a living, and I needed Win2K for testing. I made the mistake of doing it on my recording PC. I figured Beta was better than nothing. Well, Beta is nothing.
Thanks, Aardvark! I will NEVER buy another product from Aardvark.
Ever!
No...I mean NEVER!

jeff,
I'll admit Aark is way behind the curve. Win2k has been out how long? One thing you won't hear is the common complaint about releasing something too soon, and "public beta testing" on "production" software.

Anyhow, they're up to Beta 4 now (MME/ASIO, still no WDM), and I've heard some success stories of users getting it working with Win2k and XP. I haven't made the leap yet, but I just ordered a new barebones box, and I'm gonna give Win2k a whirl...

Queue

Hey mister Thomas, where's WDM. I was told October a zillion years ago.

I'd hate to have to trade my LX6 for something that functions on this side of the millenium.

I want DXi softsynths.

Lemme know..........

-Jett

I just got my Q-10 2 1/2 weeks ago. Broke it out of the box. Plugged the PCI card into the slot of my new XP home running computer. Been trying to install the drivers for it ever since. They do not install. I thought the companies were supposed to work for us? I can't believe they don't the XP drivers finished yet, and even worse, the 2000??!!! I am thinking about sending this thing back.

Beta 5 coming soon...

Hello fellas,

We will be releasing Beta 5 for Windows 2K and XP, probably by the end of the week available for download at www.aardvark-pro.com.

The install issues that some of you have experienced should be resolved with this driver. These occured mainly on newer releases of the OS, and we have sorted out the issues and have made the changes. Again, look for Beta 5 on our website later this week. The official release shouldnt be much longer, as the install issues was the major issue that we delt with. WDM support will happen, after the official release. Actually its being written now, but I dont expect it to be completed with the official release.

In the meantime, once you get the drivers installed, try using our MME driver with Sonar...which is written to bypass the Windows stack and is giving good results with Sonar now, and can be used as a suitable replacement until WDM is released.

Please email me thomas@aardvark-pro.com if you have any questions on this.

Best regards,

Thomas Adler
Aardvark

Thomas,
Thanks for keeping us posted. I REALLY appreciate having someone like yourself come in here and give us some information. Sure, we'd all like to have our drivers yesterday, but I'm not gonna bitch and shoot the messenger...

Queue

Used beta 4.

Umm MOBO chipset? New to the whole DAW thing.

I know my computer is AMD Athlon XP 1500... How can I find this out?

Thanks,
Daniel

Did you buy a "barebones" kit/off the shelf unit?

If you know the make and model of the motherboard (MOBO) they usually have the chipset referenced in the specs on a website.

Sisoft Sandra is a nice benchmarking utility that will tell you...

Queue

If you start up Sandra, then double click on the "Mainboard Information" icon, then see what it says under "System Mainboard" for Manufacturer and Model.

It is odd that you're experiencing problems with the AMD 761 chipset, as that is the one that Aark is recommending...

Queue

I have heard a lot of people getting it to work in Windows XP Pro, but none in XP Home, and home is what I am running. So there could be a bug in Home or something, I don't know? I will check my other(recording) computer in a few and then post again..
Thanks a lot,
Daniel

Back