a photo to show what I deal with in my band

rockironwebb

senior newbie caveman
Here is a photo of a mic with a cut up pop filter on it. This is my bass player's solution to eliminate vocal mic bleed. He was so excited about this purchase. He actually called me at midnight last week to let me know that he had solved all of our mic problems and that this pop filter he bought would eliminate all bleed. When he got here it turned out that it didn't fit on the mic. He assured us all that is didn't matter if it didn't fit snugly and proceeded to cut it and sit it on the mic. The one good thing it has done is the singer doesn't handle the mic so much because he doesn't want to knock it off, so I guess it is serving some purpose.

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    mic.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 113
Tell your bass player the only way to eliminate vocal mike bleed is....................to go on holiday and swim with the dolphins while the band lays down it's "stuuurm und drang" in the singers's absence.

Well, I guess if you hit someone over the head with it, they'd bleed less than they would if there wasn't any padding on it. Try it on your bass player....repeatedly.

So have you brought this site and thread up at practice on the computer to show all of the guys in the band yet Rockiron?

Wow that bass player is an idiot. Everyone knows that you are supposed to wrap the mic in cotton balls and duct tape.

put the mic completely inside the singers mouth using his cheeks to block ambient sound - he will have to breathe through his nose tho...

Back