Post your latest purchase!

Here's Gibson's catalog page on the SGJ - the 'J' is not for 'Junior'!

Aha! That explains it. My fault for thinking the "J" meant "JR".

Thanx for that link. It gives a lot of good info. I think I got a good deal on a pretty good guitar, whatever the fuck it's called. :D

"A neck made from hard-wearing maple is glued into the body and carved to a ’50s rounded profile that measures .818” at the 1st fret and .963” at the 12th. It is topped with a genuine rosewood fingerboard that carries 24 medium-jumbo frets to extend your playing reach, and elegant pearloid dot inlays. "

Right, it's not a Jr, it's a SGJ. It's it's own model. There's an LPJ too - the Les Paul version. The 24 frets is odd, but the rest is pretty standard SG stuff.

Gibson started using baked maple and richlite fretboards when they got raided and all their nice hardwoods were confiscated for no good reason. Because you know, the feds don't have better things to do. They have to raid guitar factories. I've never given richlite much thought, but I have no problem with the baked maple....besides the lighter color. But yours is rosewood, so all is well.

I never really have anything good to show off in this thread but today I got myself a bargain or burden...Depends what way you look at it!

BEHOLD!

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 15.40.37.jpg

Last edited:
I had a feeling you had a nice organ.

Now my "Seen Your Member" blurb means something other than just "Senior Member".!!!!!

I picked up a used Boss 'Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb' pedal, but it's going back tomorrow. As usual, can't get it to sound anything like the Boss demo video.

I picked up a used Boss 'Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb' pedal, but it's going back tomorrow. As usual, can't get it to sound anything like the Boss demo video.

They were probably sending it through an actual '65 Deluxe in the video :) No wonder it sounded so authentic!

Back