DAW Users With ADD

My brother from AZ is coming out today for the July 4th weekend. We won't have much to say to one another, but we do provide each other a good excuse for over drinking. :D

I don't think of the Fourth as being a family coming over holiday, of course it is Uncle Sam's birthday......

Four day weekend

My son's graduation party is on the fifth, the weather looks to be perfect all weekend.

Getting old
My last job yesterday was a service call at a retirement community and one of the residents I was talking to was wearing a Pink Floyd T-shirt.

LATER!!!!

When I go visit my mother, there are times when I get the feeling her friends are eyeing me up and going, "who's the young love bunny over there talking to Connie." :eek: :D:

It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift...

Happy Fourth you mofo's (or fifth if you prefer, since it's already Sunday). BBQ today with my kids, grandkids, brother, and perhaps my Mom. Since it's at my house, I get to do all the cooking and cleaning. :(

It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift...

Happy Fourth you mofo's (or fifth if you prefer, since it's already Sunday). BBQ today with my kids, grandkids, brother, and perhaps my Mom. Since it's at my house, I get to do all the cooking and cleaning. :(

So let's see if I got this right: On the Fourth, you drank a fifth, tripped and had to be picked up? Is that what you meant?

So... do you think if the men's team had as much success as the women's team, the U.S. might actually give a shit about soccer?

Discuss.

I went back to work Monday after my vacation. It was actually a lot nicer than I had thought it would be. Of course I spent the week of my vacation working 45+ hours in the hot sun selling fireworks, but hey, that's another story. Nice to be back to making customers happy in an air conditioned environment. :)

Nope, just make sure the meat stays full. Has it's perks, though. Picked up 4 lbs ground chuck last night for $6. Simple job, just have to figure out what's going to sell when and get it in so we can keep the shelves full without throwing a bunch of it away (haven't thrown any away in 6 weeks, I've only been doing it since April)...kind of like a tightrope with no net. :)

Sunday!
It belongs to me!

No obligations, my wife daughter and son will all be gone. I think I'll work on music stuff.

Badgers!
They have a lottery for student tickets and my son got both hockey and football tickets. Basketball tickets are hard to get.

I've never been to a Badger football game, but now that my son is going there I'll have to make a point of going. They have a family night, which is probably a scrub game, and that's when we'll probably go.

The hockey team is historically good, but my son says they will suck this year.

Sometimes you'll watch a sporting even on TV and there's no one in the stands, even for some of the bigger universities.

LATER!!!

Update on our lead guitar player: he has stage 4 throat cancer. Apparently the same thing Michael Douglas had (has?). He is going into the hospital next week to get a tracheotomy. Not sure why, but I imagine it's make swallowing and breathing easier as he has a fairly large tumor. Afterwards he will undergo chemo and radiation therapy. The trach is apparently temporary and they will reverse it once his treatment is done.

Update on our lead guitar player: he has stage 4 throat cancer. Apparently the same thing Michael Douglas had (has?). He is going into the hospital next week to get a tracheotomy. Not sure why, but I imagine it's make swallowing and breathing easier as he has a fairly large tumor. Afterwards he will undergo chemo and radiation therapy. The trach is apparently temporary and they will reverse it once his treatment is done.

Well that sucks. As it turns out, my mother in-law is in the hospital with cancer also.

That sucks, too. What kind of cancer?

Colon cancer. She's over 80 and in really poor shape, this may be the end of the line. Her husband is in really poor shape too, and he just got out of the hospital.

The in laws are not the type to change their lifestyle to benefit their health, so I'm not very optimistic about the whole thing. They were old at a very young age.

It's been a busy couple months and I'm pretty busy these next few weekends. I feel like I'm going to blink my eyes and summer will be over.

It's been a busy couple months and I'm pretty busy these next few weekends. I feel like I'm going to blink my eyes and summer will be over.
My daughter called me and "invited" me to go to the shore for a couple of days next month.

For those uninitiated, the translation of that is: Dad, call and book a hotel for a few days. Put it on your credit card. And, we'll need you to buy a few meals while we're there, and also take your granddaughter on some rides and stuff. :rolleyes:

My daughter called me and "invited" me to go to the shore for a couple of days next month.

For those uninitiated, the translation of that is: Dad, call and book a hotel for a few days. Put it on your credit card. And, we'll need you to buy a few meals while we're there, and also take your granddaughter on some rides and stuff. :rolleyes:

Hi D'-2ndTenor, I need your advice!

My daughter turns 21 this coming Friday (Jul 24). In celebration, the wif-ee is taking her for a week-long trip to the Bahamas leaving this Monday, Jul 20th (I wasn't invited- females only) returning next wk Mon. nite Jul 27th.

I'll be home alone COMPLETELY by myself for 7 1/2 days. My question(s) to you are;

How do I combat the loneliness?

How do I occupy all this free time?

Should I clean the house?

Host a book-reading, tupper-ware or recipe-sharing party?

Cut my toe-nails?

What advice can you provide me on how to maximize & enjoy 7 1/2 days of ABSOLUTE FREEDOM !
Thank you!

Back