I'm ready for some football.

Yup, Wis injuries helped for sure. But this is exactly what LSU has done lots of times. Not fall behind that bad, but just keep pounding and pounding and pounding and by the 4th quarter, the teams with less depth just crumble. Win the war of attrition on the line of scrimmage. It happens all the time. LSU, Bama, Florida, Auburn, the top SEC teams have so much talent and depth that they can rotate guys and keep people fresh. It used to dominate other conference schools, but now they've started doing it too. Many other teams don't have that luxury. For years, bench riders at Bama or LSU would be every play starters at other schools. Kenny Hilliard, that guy that ran right up and through Wisconsin's tired ass late in the game? He was a 3rd string RB last season. He was almost off the team. Now he's the guy because everyone else went to the NFL. He'd start anywhere else. LSU started horribly tonight. It was bad. I'm just glad they woke up and wore Wisconsin down with brute force.

Apparently Miles has a winning record when trailing in the fourth quarter!
One of the sports guys said, "So he had them where he wanted them." :D

Also LSU has won 46 strainght non-conference games and 12 straight season opening wins for Miles ..... guess that goes back to his other schools.

I wouldn't give LSU too much credit, they beat a team with no passing game at all. The Badgers QB situation is as bad as I can remember. I'm a little pissed they didn't throw in Stave who was the starter last year.

It's going to be a long year for Wisconsin, now the Packers open the season at Seattle, it's going to be a rough week.

I wouldn't give LSU too much credit,

Trust me, I don't think anyone is. I'm glad we won, but there's nothing to be proud about from that game.

I guess if there's one thing to be happy about, give the coaches and players credit for this, it's that the players never lost their cool, never gave up, and never got frustrated and picked up a bunch of bad penalties. Even down big, the LSU guys acted like they were still in the game. They stayed the course and just kept pounding.

Any of you fuckers playing fantasy football? I love football, but I draw the line at fantasy football. My last hurrah with FF was in 2006. I won my baseball and football leagues in the same year. Bam. Retired. Drop the mic and walk away.

I don't like it because, for me, it has me wanting/needing outcomes that don't always benefit the team I actually pull for. For example, as a Saints fan, I naturally want the Falcons, Panthers, and Bucs to lose every game they play. But goddamn, there are some good fantasy players on those teams. Players I would probably want, and would want them to be successful as a fantasy owner. No, can't do it. So it's a conflict of interests for me and I'd rather root for my actual team than a fantasy team. Fuck fantasy football.

I've never played it at all ..... not totally sure how it works and don't care.

I also don't play apps on my phone or lock myself in a room with an Xbox ..... I have an actual real life to live.

I've never played it at all ..... not totally sure how it works and don't care.

I also don't play apps on my phone or lock myself in a room with an Xbox ..... I have an actual real life to live.

Lol. Fantasy football is pretty simple really. You join a "league", usually a group of friends or coworkers, and you set up teams. The "commissioner" of the league will set point values for different things. It's usually pretty standard. A QB throws a TD, or any players scores a TD, that's 7 points. An interception is like -2. A RB gets 1 pt per 10 yds rushing. Receivers get 1 pt per 10 yds receiving. A defense gets few points for a sack, fumble recovery, int. Etc.

The commissioner also sets the draft date. On that day and time, theoretically everyone gets online and starts picking players just like the real NFL draft. Or you can set your team to auto-draft. Or the whole league can be an auto-draft. Anyway, you pick skill players and backups that will score points, and a defense. There are no linemen. Then as the actual games play out week by week, your players will rack up points depending on how their real life counterparts perform. As the weeks play on and injuries and bye weeks start coming into play, you can trade, drop, add players as needed. Each week is a set of games, and you get a win-loss record week by week.

so it's like Dungeons and Dragons with football players instead of wizards ....... still gei.

Yup, absolutely. It's funny because I've always made that same comparison. It's D&D for football fans. Fantasy football "owners" totally nerd out on that shit just like geeks do over role playing games.

I did FFL for many years. This is my 2nd season NOT doing FFL. It completely ruined any allegiance I might have had for any team. That and the fact I moved all over the country many times. Now it's difficult to root for a local team like the Cowboys or Texans which is why I'm getting more into college football.

Plus, with FFL, there are some OCD people out there and you've got to stay on top of the stats and injury reports if you want any chance of being near the top. I just didn't have the kind of energy that some other guys in my league put into it. It's like they don't work, have no family/kids/etc...

Longhorns are right down the road. My son wants to go to UT. They have a great legacy, a good chance of rebounding and tons of money to spend on a program. All good reasons to get wrapped on in them instead of some commercial pro team.

This is also my 2nd year not playing FF after playing for the previous 10 years. I was never super nerdy about it, and the leagues I was in were pretty casual. The last couple of years it wasn't much fun because a few people would stop keeping up with their team. I'd end up winning just because my opponent had 3 players either on bye week or injured and never cared to update their lineup.

And before the era of the workhorse running back ended, it was a more fun game. Now the entire drafting strategy is get Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson. You'll win every week. If not, better luck next year.

It was fun while it lasted, but now I like watching the games for the sake of the games themselves. Not some meta-game with totally different goals in mind.

Any of you fuckers playing fantasy football? I love football, but I draw the line at fantasy football. My last hurrah with FF was in 2006. I won my baseball and football leagues in the same year. Bam. Retired. Drop the mic and walk away.

I don't like it because, for me, it has me wanting/needing outcomes that don't always benefit the team I actually pull for. For example, as a Saints fan, I naturally want the Falcons, Panthers, and Bucs to lose every game they play. But goddamn, there are some good fantasy players on those teams. Players I would probably want, and would want them to be successful as a fantasy owner. No, can't do it. So it's a conflict of interests for me and I'd rather root for my actual team than a fantasy team. Fuck fantasy football.

Haha last year was my first with fantasy football and basketball leagues. I won both :D Thought I wouldn't be doing football again this year but my friend got me to join his league last night lol and our draft is tonight. I'm totally just gonna wing it. I understand the points you make though about pulling for certain outcomes.

It's the type of thing that can take up a crap-ton of time if you get really into it (like people do in leagues with buy-ins and winner pots), but I just do it in free leagues with my friends for fun. Spend at most like 5 mins or less a day on it. I heard of a local league the other day where the buy-in was like $500...crazy stuff.

Yeah it's just another vehicle for gambling for many people. Football is already the biggest gambling sport there is, and fantasy football just adds another wrinkle to losing your money.

And that's why we hated neon Deion ........ it took a long while for me to warm to him.
I've come to like him nowadays but he was a high profile Falcon so I hated him!

I still hate that motherfucker. Great player, total fuckstick.

I remember seeing him live in the Dome when he was with the bitch ass falcons. My dad said "watch that guy with the gold chains hanging out of his jersey. He's the real deal." I hated him immediately.

Hated Deion, not my dad.

It's here! It's finally here! Tonight starts the most glorious extended football weekend of the whole year. Thursday night NFL kickoff game, a full slate of college games on Saturday, a full slate of NFL games on Sunday, and a doubleheader on Monday night. I'm gonna cram as much as I can into my eye-holes between now and Tuesday morning.

Fo sho. My couch will be getting a workout this weekend.

Good game to start with tonight too. Seachickens v Packers....in Seattle. GB using a rookie center, against Seattle's D, in Seattle, I don't give the Pack much chance tonight. I wish there was a way they could both lose.

The ref crew calling tonight's game is notorious for throwing def holding/pass interference flags like they're Mardi Gras beads though, so with the new focus on enforcing that stuff, Seattle's D could be affected since they've made their living by mugging receivers into submission.

Back