What books have you been reading lately?

billionaire Oprah bleats on about rights for African Americans. Hypocrisy, why dont you give some of your money to them then?
Two things.
Firstly, what has Oprah Winfrey giving money to African-Americans got to do with rights for African-Americans, especially as you are levelling criticism at her and calling her a hypocrite ?
And secondly, you didn't tell us you were Oprah's business and financial manager with intimate knowledge of what she does and has been doing all these years with her money.
Can you give me some tips on who to invest my paper-round money in ? 🤫

Two things.
Firstly, what has Oprah Winfrey giving money to African-Americans got to do with rights for African-Americans, especially as you are levelling criticism at her and calling her a hypocrite ?
And secondly, you didn't tell us you were Oprah's business and financial manager with intimate knowledge of what she does and has been doing all these years with her money.
It's all pillow talk. Don't mind me, I am being silly.

Two things.
Its just hypocrisy Grim. We are constantly told what terrible racists we are for the sins of my forefathers. My forefathers were poor miners in the North East of England working down in coal mines and had no connection to the rich slave traders in Bristol. They had just as much poverty and deprivation as the poor black slaves in that area. It is not a racial thing it is about class and poverty. Rich sucessful black people do a diservice to everyone for making it an issue of race. It serves no purpose for equality mate.

What are you on about, Smithers ? What's your point ? "Rich sucessful black people do a diservice to everyone for making it an issue of race", What does this even mean ? What's "it" ?

What are you on about, Smithers ? What's your point ? "Rich sucessful black people do a diservice to everyone for making it an issue of race", What does this even mean ? What's "it" ?
Well I just dont think it is fair to castigate all white people as racisists and responsible for the sins of rich people in the past that we have no connection with. Surely making that an issue is racist in itself? Its not fair

Well I just dont think it is fair to castigate all white people as racisists and responsible for the sins of rich people in the past that we have no connection with. Surely making that an issue is racist in itself? Its not fair
You are an intelligent man Grim. I think sadly we will have to agree to disagree on this one please? I do completely agree that racism still exists in our society, but we can only resolve this by uniting and not having division please? Thanks

You are an intelligent man Grim. I think sadly we will have to agree to disagree on this one please? I do completely agree that racism still exists in our society, but we can only resolve this by uniting and not having division please? Thanks
Can we inject a little bit of humour please? I wish to end this unhappy situation. I completely agree with you about the racism problem we still face in the UK ok?

Your posts are starting to lose relevance. I make genuine statements, if you wish to prove you are more clever than me then I concede. If this is a game of mental chess I concede. You are more intelligent than me xxxx
Can we have a laugh please and not disagree. I totally agree about the racism we face still today, I am with you... I want to send this funny sketch it is so good. You will LYAO!

Ok you win... I am wrong... was just trying to make my point. Cheers Grim KR,s 🥰🥰

I do completely agree that racism still exists in our society, but we can only resolve this by uniting and not having division please?
I haven't made any statements about White people all being racists. I think that notion is idiotic. I mentioned that two White guys {Dave Hill and Prince Harry} cover the issue of racism in their respective books.
Horrible hypocrite quite frankly, like Megan
But why ? All I'm guilty of here is asking you a question or two.
Your posts are starting to lose relevance
😄
I make genuine statements
Well, this is what I'm trying to get to. You've made a statement about Oprah Winfrey being a hypocrite, twice now. I'm not saying she isn't, I'm asking you to substantiate and back up your assertion. I can't know if it's a genuine statement unless I know what you are talking about.
if you wish to prove you are more clever than me then I concede. If this is a game of mental chess I concede
I don't wish to prove anything. I wish for you to back up the statement about Oprah.

Bearing in mind that this was 40 years ago in the Met.... nothing has changed sadly.

Its hilarious

The SPG special patrol group was a bunch of hand picked racist thugs who would go around in a police van and pick up and beat up anyone they didnt like the look of, generally young black men

Ok you win
This isn't about winning.
I think that is a stupid arrogant sarcastic comment quite frankly if I am honest
You sometimes grab the wrong end of the stick. What is so arrogant and stupid about asking you if what you were ranting about is what Oprah had done ?
But I was being sarcastic referring to her as Auntie Oprah. I do that from time to time.
It wasn't even directed at you.
Bearing in mind that this was 40 years ago in the Met.... nothing has changed sadly.

Its hilarious

I always enjoyed "Not the 9 o'clock news" and still do.

I haven't made any statements about White people all being racists. I think that notion is idiotic. I mentioned that two White guys {Dave Hill and Prince Harry} cover the issue of racism in their respective books.

But why ? All I'm guilty of here is asking you a question or two.

😄

Well, this is what I'm trying to get to. You've made a statement about Oprah Winfrey being a hypocrite, twice now. I'm not saying she isn't, I'm asking you to substantiate and back up your assertion. I can't know if it's a genuine statement unless I know what you are talking about.

I don't wish to prove anything. I wish for you to back up the statement about Oprah.
Ok I just think that she is a hypocrite like Megan.

This isn't about winning.

You sometimes grab the wrong end of the stick. What is so arrogant and stupid about asking you if what you were ranting about is what Oprah had done ?
But I was being sarcastic referring to her as Auntie Oprah. I do that from time to time.
It wasn't even directed at you.

I always enjoyed "Not the 9 o'clock news" and still do.
Maybe we misunderstand each other. I am not a racist

Back