May be hope yet..

. . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Rock n Roll is that high mark.

Last edited:
Taylor Swift got a bunch of girls to take up the guitar. There are quite a number of young ladies playing guitar on Youtube. You have folks like Ed Sheeran playing guitar, and John Meyer had a big following. The guitar isn't dead yet.....

he sucks.

Some asshole that just got let in. Like everyone else that has success.

Personally I hate how he flutters through his solos. Can he even play?

he sucks.

Personally I hate how he flutters through his solos. Can he even play?
He sucks as a player and as a songwriter? Is that what I'm hearing? There's a million of these in a few different styles of playing.

And songwriting, I mean dude, come on. You may not like his style but to say he isn't a great songwriter is disingenuous.

This is interesting. So you're saying everyone that succeeds is just some asshole that "got let in"? Like, hard work and dedication doesn't exist in successful people? It's luck. And that it's people like you and I toiling around on home recording websites are the real players?

Not that I ve seen? they don't even promote from inside my company.
Maybe the pool of candidates outside of your company is more qualified than the pool of candidates inside your company.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with bands and musical artists becoming successful.

On planet Earth, you can't earn nothing. Unless they let you. So yeah, he's lucky . Just some dude that got in.

Who says whose qualified? Schools? Some piece of paper? Shit..

Back