The Celebrity Obituary Thread

Wow forgot that Debbie was Carries Mom...had to be tough on her.......the loss of a loved one, especially your child can kill the will to carry on...seen it in real life personally. :(

Oh man. I don't usually consider celebrity lives more notable than anyone else's, but a double tragedy like that in any family totally sucks.

Who says real life isn't as weird as fiction. Talk about a double downer... :(

What was/is odd to me is how much better Debbie looked at 84 than Carrie at 60.
When I saw her in the Star Wars Episode VII...I thought she looked terribly old and nothing like her younger days...her face looked strange to me...yet Debbie still looked like Debbie at 84, older, but still recognizable.

I guess some people just age more gracefully than others....and genes don't always carry over.

I don't know much about it, but from what I understand Carrie struggled with darkness throughout her life. Sometimes darkness, or perhaps the struggle, can manifest in the eyes and/or face...physically, that is.

I read somewhere she was bipolar and had dependency issues. That's a lot of miles right there.

I'm willing to bet, too, that Debbie Reynolds benefited from elective surgeries.

Oh my. I just heard that they lived next door to each other? What a tragic story,...mother and child, adulthood separation and conflict, mental illness, reconciliation, adulthood mother-n-child friendship and emotional dependency, then this....it's the stuff they make films about.

Oh my. I just heard that they lived next door to each other? What a tragic story,...mother and child, adulthood separation and conflict, mental illness, reconciliation, adulthood mother-n-child friendship and emotional dependency, then this....it's the stuff they make films about.

Films with Beyonce, Sarah Jessica Parker, Keanu Reeves and Casey Affleck 'cos there's no one else left... :(

She has a budding Hollywood career in front of her. She didn't do too bad in the one flick she was in.

It doesn't include any celebrities...but the terrorist carnage continues in Turkey. :(
35 dead in suicide attack at Istanbul club during New Year celebration...terrorist wore a fucking Santa Claus outfit. :facepalm:

Peter Sarstedt at 75 Years, Not really a fan but I vividly remember the song "Where Do You Go To (My Lovely)?" being played on the radio when i was young, and "Frozen Orange Juice".

Alan

A little late, Mark R. If a must, his celebrity name was Polar Bear.

An old friend I haven't talked to in several years. I had facebook up earlier and thought I would search him out. No success. Did a google. Died 2012.

Although I hadn't seen or spoken to him for a while, it hit pretty hard. I knew the guy from 3rd grade. Seems insane how many friends have passed. Start counting and just shake your head, only to remember an hour later ones you missed.

RIP, brother.

Back