I'm ready for some football.

I made an overnight drive from KC to OKC this weekend, so I listened to football on the radio on the way there and back. On the way there, I listened to Kansas State coverage of OU beating the pants off of them (the announcers sounded depressed hehehe). And on the way back, I was lucky to have AM radio coverage of KC beating Oakland.

Next week, the Saints come to Arrowhead. I'm not sure how to feel about that one. Their offense is terrific, and we have no pass rush. I'm not sure that we can score enough points to keep up.

Nice comeback by the Texans. It was a Texas Trifecta this weekend: Longhorns, Cowboys and Texans.
:)

Haha yeah, I had the game on in the background while I was playing video games last night. It was late and I was thinking "why is this game still going?" I went to check it out and saw it was in OT, I was amazed that the Texans pulled it together to tie it up.

Yeah the Packers are on the same sloop of doom as the Saints. GG Packers, it was good times.

Also somehow my Skins are 4-2. :D

The cowboys have a good game going. Dak Prescott continues to prove himself and that Elliott guy was unstoppable. Now all the talking heads are wondering what will happen when Romo is healthy again. I say keep Prescott as starter. Or, maybe let Romo take a few snaps, he'll injure his back again before the 3rd quarter, then Prescott can continue.

Rodgers is not even a top 10 QB anymore, this has been going on for a year. I'm wondering if he can turn it around, or if he's done.

It's shocking how bad Rodgers has gotten. It's not an age thing because he should be in his prime. He's not an old QB. And it's not like he's had a career of being hit a lot. He doesn't take sacks. My guess is that his rockstar celebrity home life with his superhot movie star fiancee and subsequent estrangement from his family has taken a toll on his game. What else could it be? He hasn't just forgotten how to be an assassin at QB.

Next week, the Saints come to Arrowhead. I'm not sure how to feel about that one. Their offense is terrific, and we have no pass rush. I'm not sure that we can score enough points to keep up.

That might be the case. The Saints have grown pretty accustomed to having to score 40+ points a game because their shit defense forces them to. And it used to be that the Saints were dreadful on the road, but that has gotten much better lately. I kind of like my chances against your Chiefs in that regard because yall don't have the kind of QB that can totally exploit the many weaknesses of the Saints defense. My worry is the Chiefs' secondary. We rely on the pass too much and don't run too well. Brees is great, but he's gonna be throwing into a pretty good secondary that knows he's gonna be throwing a lot.

The cowboys have a good game going. Dak Prescott continues to prove himself and that Elliott guy was unstoppable. Now all the talking heads are wondering what will happen when Romo is healthy again. I say keep Prescott as starter. Or, maybe let Romo take a few snaps, he'll injure his back again before the 3rd quarter, then Prescott can continue.

Dallas is great right now. They would be all-time stupid to pull Dak for a "healthy" Romo. Romo is done. Finished. They can't even trade him. Jerry Jones is a shit GM though, so here's to hoping that Dallas does things the Dallas way and puts Romo back in asap.

It's shocking how bad Rodgers has gotten. It's not an age thing because he should be in his prime. He's not an old QB. And it's not like he's had a career of being hit a lot. He doesn't take sacks. My guess is that his rockstar celebrity home life with his superhot movie star fiancee and subsequent estrangement from his family has taken a toll on his game. What else could it be? He hasn't just forgotten how to be an assassin at QB.

I was thinking maybe the problem was the o-line; plagued with rookies or injuries or something, then I started reading about GB. Turns out their o-line is top notch.

---------- Update ----------

Dallas is great right now. They would be all-time stupid to pull Dak for a "healthy" Romo. Romo is done. Finished. They can't even trade him. Jerry Jones is a shit GM though, so here's to hoping that Dallas does things the Dallas way and puts Romo back in asap.

Yeah, you're probably right. :(

Yeah, you're probably right. :(

You're looking at the future of the cowboys in real time, right now, and it does not involve or even need Romo or Dez Bryant. That's pretty scary for the rest of us, but it's good for you.

I watched Dak at Miss St because I pay attention to most of the SEC. We wanted him at LSU but for whatever reason we missed out or didn't recruit him hard enough. I don't know how he got away, but he was very good in college. No one saw this kind of pro level good coming, but I'm not really surprised. He seemed to be a mature, smart QB at Miss St. My cowboys friends were all mad when he got drafted in the later rounds. I was like "you dummies just stole a really solid potential new franchise QB".

He's gotta be good in the locker room, too. The team is rallying around him and probably excited about a great season. Bringing Romo back would definitely change that vibe. You know Garrett is thinking about that, but is Jones. He's probably looking at his check register and seeing how much money he's got sitting on the sidelines.

But then again, put Romo in for a couple of snaps and let him break his back again. :D

He will turn it around. I haven't watched the Packers this year but he's too good not to. Does he even have good weapons around him?

He doesn't have much of a running game, but that's never stopped him before. He's just flat-out missing open dudes. Like, real bad. Routine basic throws are sailing all over the place.

I just saw that KC is trading RB Knile Davis to the Packers.

He never quite panned out in our crowded backfield, especially after the emergence of West and Ware. Davis is a powerful downhill runner with great straight-line speed. Not a shifty back, and he showed a bit of a lack of vision when trying to pick his gaps. Good kick returner with a few TDs under his belt. Not sure how he is a pass protection, he never stood out in that role so I guess that's not a bad thing. He should be a solid addition to the run game. He's still young and has plenty of tread left on the tires.

He doesn't have much of a running game, but that's never stopped him before. He's just flat-out missing open dudes. Like, real bad. Routine basic throws are sailing all over the place.

Read that article. It's a solid theory.

---------- Update ----------

I just saw that KC is trading RB Knile Davis to the Packers.

He never quite panned out in our crowded backfield, especially after the emergence of West and Ware. Davis is a powerful downhill runner with great straight-line speed. Not a shifty back, and he showed a bit of a lack of vision when trying to pick his gaps. Good kick returner with a few TDs under his belt. Not sure how he is a pass protection, he never stood out in that role so I guess that's not a bad thing. He should be a solid addition to the run game. He's still young and has plenty of tread left on the tires.
We need all of that.

Aaron Fitzpatrick

theseacaptain5.jpg%3Fw%3D560

Back