The New Tone Thread

I've got one of the Zoom Q3s ..... that ought to do for passable vids huh?

It is set up for decent audio without any syncing anything up.

No idea what it is Bobsy! Would be cool to see you pull a video together for us though - I'd like a tour of the warehouse of gear you seem to own!

Thanks guys, again, this video stuff is a learn-as-I-go thing. It's not really hard at all, I just have a hard time getting my head around what aspect ratio my camera(s) actually record at, & what's best for YouTube. I think I've figured that out, & if so, the picture quality should be a lot better...The audio for the guitars is dead simple, as it's recorded in the daw. I use the re-amp box with that too, in case the tone is terrible, I can just re-amp it again to sound better....There's no way I could use the guitar sounds the camera captured, it was clipped to hell, as I had the amp on 5, which is probably gig volume, or maybe even more....

The last vid all the tone knobs on the amp were basically on "5", & it did show the shared eq is basically shit. The green channel tones were pretty good, but the red channel were sucky, most likely because I had the treble on 5, where it should've been around 1-2...

I'll try to get another one up in a few days...And when I get the Chupa back, I'll definitely put up a vid of that amp....

On the hillbilly accent, dunno if you can learn that or not, I think you have to live around here & be exposed to that shit...:D.

Bob: I've heard those Zoom cameras do pretty good both video & audio wise, you may have a winner there.

Thanks again guys!!!!

Miner, next time you go through all your channels on your amp in a video, try necking a beer between each setting! Will be hilarious by the time you get to full gain!

Miner, next time you go through all your channels on your amp in a video, try necking a beer between each setting! Will be hilarious by the time you get to full gain!

Ain't gonna happen Jdude, I haven't had a drink in almost 10 years now...I have enough problems in my life without adding alcohol to make things worse...:)

Got a gig tonight and I'm bringing the Fool and a Les Custom. Should have some tones from that in a couple of days.

RADIO PLAY Bubba - very cool outcome for a track that's only hours old.

From Cassleford?
"... the best unsigned music from around the region."
"...love tha"
Congrats.

That's really cool, bubba.

Miner, I saw you uploaded an SG LP comparison. What happened to it?

Well bugger me! My son Frank and I got BBC radioplay tonight, with our track "Marianas", featuring Armistice on voiceover, Manda po on vocals, Adam Fiasco on piano and synthesised strings. Listen here:BBC Radio Leeds - BBC Introducing in West Yorkshire, 02/04/2016

The name of our act is "SavantSyndrome". :)

Start from 29 minutes in. :)
Haha that's great Bubba. Science rock. :D

Got a gig tonight and I'm bringing the Fool and a Les Custom. Should have some tones from that in a couple of days.
So did you sweat the paint off that Fool guitar? :D

Greg, can you have a quick listen to my tone at the bottom of P990. I've brightened up my mic position just slightly

Greg, can you have a quick listen to my tone at the bottom of P990. I've brightened up my mic position just slightly

I think that sounds pretty good. How does it sit in a mix?

It only takes tiny movements with a mic to make a difference.

I think that sounds pretty good. How does it sit in a mix?

It only takes tiny movements with a mic to make a difference.
Cheers, sits well and I'm happy with it. I've only used it in a fair cheesy cover with my nieces but it's cool. Will probably retrack the guitar that you didn't help with the EQ in my last song.

Cheers, sits well and I'm happy with it. I've only used it in a fair cheesy cover with my nieces but it's cool. Will probably retrack the guitar that you didn't help with the EQ in my last song.
That's good. Mic placement can be a pain. Once you learn your sweet spots though, you can get things done pretty quick.

Christ! We're nearly at 1000 pages!

I'm going to get the 1000 page Corner. :D

Jeez, I forgot all about "cornering". Lol. Okay, it's a race to the big corner. :D

Suppose it's just a case of making small incremental changes till you get there. Will probably leave it where it is for a while now and let the speaker break in.

Suppose it's just a case of making small incremental changes till you get there. Will probably leave it where it is for a while now and let the speaker break in.

Break-in is important. I really don't think you've broken that thing in yet.

I really like starting right on the dustcap/cone seam, and 90% of the time it stays there. That's my own go-to spot on my V30s or Greenbacks. It's a fairly bright mic placement, but I also play so fucking loud that it doesn't matter too much. I still get good low end from sheer volume and proximity effect.

Try it out. Shine a light through your grill cloth and stick the mic right on the dustcap edge. See how it goes.

Haha that's great Bubba. Science rock. :D

So did you sweat the paint off that Fool guitar? :D

No, but I busted a high E string (I use .11's) which I haven't done in years. Now that I think of it, I busted an A string a few weeks ago (on a Strat). That's 2 more strings that I've broken than in last 8 years combined. Going to try the NYXL strings and see if I like those.

Back