How much did you pay for your most expensive axe?

How much did you spend on your most expensive guitar? (US Dollars)

• Less than $200 (never buy an axe you couldn't also use as firewood)

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • $200 - 500 (hey, Ibanez makes some pretty sleek stuff)

Votes: 19 10.2%
  • $500 - 750 (I wish I was big)

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • $750 - 1000 (Girlfriends? pfft, guitars are so much more fun)

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • $1000 - 1500 (Ooo, quadruple digits)

Votes: 42 22.5%
  • Holy crap, over $1500 (I sold my son into slavery for it)

Votes: 70 37.4%

• Total voters
My most expensive to date was under a grand. Lp Jr Special. Two P90's. It plays like a dream, sounds like rock and roll. Simple. Basic. Ain't much to look at but i love it's little bite.

If we were talking value i would hazard to guess my Sparrow Rat Rod would be the most expensive in around the 1000-1200 range. That guitar is a beast. It weighs a ton, SOOO easy to fret and bend the strings on. Also very much a rock and roll guitar. It has some lame graphics on it in a dual tone so you only kind of see it in certain lights but, i really don't care what it looks like. I got it for a steal off local classifieds. It's just a great guitar.

now that i think of it my Ibanez PF350 might actually be worth more. But i have never really looked to far into that one.

lpc b.jpglpc a.jpgm.jpgl.jpgf.jpg
& let's see some more pics...

Here are a couple more pics. It is brighter than my Custom. Custom I bought about 4 months ago. I have a black std., but always wanted a black custom since playing a 76 custom in the 90s that the owner let me borrow for a few months and then refused to sell. He didn't play and it was passed down to him. The LPC was less than the reissue at $2,650. Not cheap, but I was set on exactly what I wanted.

JDOD: Thanks man, I really like it. I also like that tele you posted, that's a unique looking guitar....And, if I had the $$$ I'd buy the tele you have/had in the classifieds (if it's still there, & the shipping wouldn't be a fortune, which I'm sure it would be)....Just don't have the funds right now...

Dig your studio, miner. Of course, I pretty much dig any gibson les paul. :)
Thanks man, I couldn't decide between the desert burst & midnight blue, but ended up with the burst...I know it's no custom, but it's a great playing & sounding guitar. I'm actually gonna change out the butterscotch p'up rings, poker chip, switch cap & pickguard before long. I was gonna go white, but I think I'll go with black. Should make it look better IMO, I honestly don't like the butterscotch colored plastic on it, but I can live with it until I get around to putting the black on it.....

Back