I'm ready for some football.

I didn't see much of his game, but I happened to be watching when he threw two picks. I can't remember how much time his line gave him, but he was certainly inaccurate as hell.

He actually threw, I think, 4 picks, two were called back because of penalties. But the bad decision still happened.

---------- Update ----------

With all them white shirts jumping through his O-line. I only saw tidbits of that game, but it didn't look good.

So, here's a question. I'm not up on all the details of the draft, but couldn't he have gone undrafted and negotiated a deal with any team?? Or are the rookies required to go through the draft process, then sign undrafted if they don't get picked up?

If someone goes undrafted they can sign with any team that wants them, but it won't be a good contract.

Yeah, Katy is the team. They've been dominating Texas High school football for the last few years.

We were pretty good last year, but Samaje graduated and went to OU. Now we're average.
(Yeah, I'm gonna be dropping that name for the next 10 years or so. :D)

Einstein's definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing and expecting different results. Dallas, quit trying to run with Murry!!!! :mad:

Damn, Dallas started crumbling there for a minute and I was like "ha I knew it". But they hung on and pulled it out. Bastards. Goddamn I hate that team. :laughings:

Philly's secondary is terrible and too many turnovers did them in.

And damn I forgot about this. I saw it as it happened and was blown out of my recliner by how bad the refs suck yet again. Refs potentially deciding games is my #1 pet peeve in any sport, and it reared it's ugly head again yesterday in a bad way.

Two QBs got smacked with clean, legal hits, and those hits were flagged. One of them IMO very much decided the game. The SF hit on Russel Wilson was about as textbook clean as you can get. Head up, face in the chest, wrap arms solid tackle. There was no unnecessary roughness, launching, spearing, blow to the head, or any of that. It was a textbook tackle that could be the definitive guide on how to tackle effectively and cleanly. Nope, got a flag. 15 yards, free first down, then the Seachickens scored to make it a two-posession game. "Head to the chest" was the explanation. Holy fucking WTF? That's how you're supposed to tackle! That's how the league wants defenders to tackle people. But even that drew a flag. The coddling of QBs and neutering of defenses is fucking disgusting. I hate it. I fucking hate it so much.

The other one was a Steelers hit of the falcons' Matt Ryan. Same deal. Bogus bullshit. But the Steelers won the game, thankfully. Fuck the falcons.

It's disturbing to me the way the game is regressing. Defenses are not allowed to use the one advantage they have - physicality. The league protects offense, but a new problem may be emerging. I think next-gen offenses are about to get bad because new quarterbacks fucking suck, which may lead to more rules against the defense. When this golden era of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees leave the game, there's going to be a huge void at the QB position. Current hot-shot college QBs are consistently showing that they are not mentally or physically equipped to survive in the NFL. The NFL is a pocket-passing league. It has been for generations and pocket passers are still the guys that win games and stay healthy. These read-option youngsters can't read a defense, can't throw for shit, and take punishing hits constantly. And even with the rules stacked against the defense, they still can't put together a good game. I just don't see it getting better before it gets worse.

It's disturbing to me the way the game is regressing. Defenses are not allowed to use the one advantage they have - physicality. The league protects offense, but a new problem may be emerging. I think next-gen offenses are about to get bad because new quarterbacks fucking suck, which may lead to more rules against the defense. When this golden era of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees leave the game, there's going to be a huge void at the QB position. Current hot-shot college QBs are consistently showing that they are not mentally or physically equipped to survive in the NFL. The NFL is a pocket-passing league. It has been for generations and pocket passers are still the guys that win games and stay healthy. These read-option youngsters can't read a defense, can't throw for shit, and take punishing hits constantly. And even with the rules stacked against the defense, they still can't put together a good game. I just don't see it getting better before it gets worse.
I find myself not being all that interested in pro football these days and I think this is a big part of it. They're definitely pussifying football.
Also I absolutely HATE a few other things ..... I hate the Thursday night games that you can only see if you buy a TV package .... are they gonna make football 6 nights a week? Thursday is bullshit money grubbing. I also HATE the NFLs almost desperate desire to have european teams ...... that's bullshit too ...... They make enough money ..... quit screwing with my sport!

I find myself not being all that interested in pro football these days and I think this is a big part of it. They're definitely pussifying football.
Also I absolutely HATE a few other things ..... I hate the Thursday night games that you can only see if you buy a TV package .... are they gonna make football 6 nights a week? Thursday is bullshit money grubbing. I also HATE the NFLs almost desperate desire to have european teams ...... that's bullshit too ...... They make enough money ..... quit screwing with my sport!

Lol. Right? I don't know that the thursday night game requires a "special package", does it? Maybe it does. It's on the NFL network and I think I just get that channel with my regular cable. It's usually a bad game, but the NFL did at least try to make the games good matchups as they're all divisional games that mean something. They just fell flat this season.

The NFL in europe or mexico is laughable. I know the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck about our football. So why try to cram it down their throats? It's fine just being our thing. We don't want cricket or rugby. They don't want football.

Another thing, I think Chip Kelly's razzle-dazzle high-speed offense in Philly is being exposed. It's cool and impressive when it works, but all offenses are cool when they work. Philly's up-tempo is supposed to keep a defense on it's heels and out of breath. Fine. But the zit under the makeup is that it exposes his bad defense in a bad way. If the offense doesn't score on every drive, or worse, goes three-and-out, the defense is back on the field getting hammered again. A balanced team that can play ball control, like Dallas did last night, will wreack havoc on a team that pays no mind to time of possession. Yeah Philly, you better score fast and often because when you don't you're fucked.

Lol. Right? I don't know that the thursday night game requires a "special package", does it?
I don't get it ...... I have a decent cable lineup but no NFL network.
And I won't pay extra ..... if they ever made the NFL a package you had to pay for I'd never see another game ..... I refuse to pay extra for that and I'd just go to all college which is better anyway.

And damn I forgot about this. I saw it as it happened and was blown out of my recliner by how bad the refs suck yet again. Refs potentially deciding games is my #1 pet peeve in any sport, and it reared it's ugly head again yesterday in a bad way.

Two QBs got smacked with clean, legal hits, and those hits were flagged. One of them IMO very much decided the game. The SF hit on Russel Wilson was about as textbook clean as you can get. Head up, face in the chest, wrap arms solid tackle. There was no unnecessary roughness, launching, spearing, blow to the head, or any of that. It was a textbook tackle that could be the definitive guide on how to tackle effectively and cleanly. Nope, got a flag. 15 yards, free first down, then the Seachickens scored to make it a two-posession game. "Head to the chest" was the explanation. Holy fucking WTF? That's how you're supposed to tackle! That's how the league wants defenders to tackle people. But even that drew a flag. The coddling of QBs and neutering of defenses is fucking disgusting. I hate it. I fucking hate it so much.

The other one was a Steelers hit of the falcons' Matt Ryan. Same deal. Bogus bullshit. But the Steelers won the game, thankfully. Fuck the falcons.

Yeah, it's pretty lame. At least it hasn't evolved into this BS college-level targeting stuff yet though. THAT drives me insane.

Yeah, it's pretty lame. At least it hasn't evolved into this BS college-level targeting stuff yet though. THAT drives me insane.

Yeah but they review and often overturn that in college. Happens all the time. And if the replay confirms that it was an intentional launch to the head, that player is out of the game. I have no problem with that. But that shit isn't reviewable in the NFL. The flag sticks and the fines are coming.

You know how fucking dumb the NFL is with the "defenseless receiver/head shot" shit? Receivers are actually telling DBs before the game to hit em high and they'll pay the fine. They'd rather take the illegal head shot and pay the guy's fine than have their knees blown out, because as we know, going low is the only legal place a DB can go now.

Back