I'm ready for some football.

Lol I'd actually be fine with that, as long as we found a good QB who could pass well and avoid a pass rush. RG3 is awesome to watch, but he makes some really bad decisions to sacrifice his body sometimes. Those are gonna wreck him one day. Even when he was just back from injury in like his 2nd game last season, he was jumping and stretching out midair taking hard lumps from safeties and linebackers. Ridiculous! Might as well trade him before he gets his inevitable 3rd torn ACL.

From way out here away from DC, I get the impression that all of RGIII's hype has gone to his head a little bit. The things he says, his off field "branding", etc, it seems like he's maybe not all the way focused on playing football. He's focused on his business. And that's understandable. He's gotta get it while he can. But I believe that all that stuff comes easy when you're a winner. I get the impression that the Skins locker room might have a little resentment for RGIII the icon. Doesn't seem good. And of course, like you said, he can't stay healthy. Guys like him rarely make it through a full season.

From way out here away from DC, I get the impression that all of RGIII's hype has gone to his head a little bit. The things he says, his off field "branding", etc, it seems like he's maybe not all the way focused on playing football. He's focused on his business. And that's understandable. He's gotta get it while he can. But I believe that all that stuff comes easy when you're a winner. I get the impression that the Skins locker room might have a little resentment for RGIII the icon. Doesn't seem good. And of course, like you said, he can't stay healthy. Guys like him rarely make it through a full season.

It's hard to tell what's going on there. He was clearly not 100% healthy last year. He was slow, lacked agility, and was getting caught from behind by defensive ends. If he wasn't playing well it was hard to tell if it was because his head was somewhere else or if he had new physical limitations that he wasn't used to playing with.

I only know of one or two cases where any other players said anything even remotely negative about him. The branding stuff does get old, and he does have a lot of confidence that is basically undeserved at this point. He also gets micro-analyzed because he's a big name and people read way too much into very minor things he does or says.

But he's not a head case or a diva. He's not a trouble maker, he is smart enough to grasp a playbook, and his passing skills are generally underrated. He was playing behind a disaster of an O-line last year (with the exception of Trent Williams) and with a coaching staff that was shockingly inept given Shanahan's long history. They put him through some bullshit and rather than becoming discontent he handled himself like a professional.

IMO, he could become a pocket passer - he's that accurate. If he can't do that - and he hasn't proved it yet - then I agree his career is going to be very short.

It's hard to tell what's going on there. He was clearly not 100% healthy last year. He was slow, lacked agility, and was getting caught from behind by defensive ends. If he wasn't playing well it was hard to tell if it was because his head was somewhere else or if he had new physical limitations that he wasn't used to playing with.

I only know of one or two cases where any other players said anything even remotely negative about him. The branding stuff does get old, and he does have a lot of confidence that is basically undeserved at this point. He also gets micro-analyzed because he's a big name and people read way too much into very minor things he does or says.

But he's not a head case or a diva. He's not a trouble maker, he is smart enough to grasp a playbook, and his passing skills are generally underrated. He was playing behind a disaster of an O-line last year (with the exception of Trent Williams) and with a coaching staff that was shockingly inept given Shanahan's long history. They put him through some bullshit and rather than becoming discontent he handled himself like a professional.

IMO, he could become a pocket passer - he's that accurate. If he can't do that - and he hasn't proved it yet - then I agree his career is going to be very short.

Yeah, I wish he'd be a pocket passer more. He definitely has the arm and skills for it! I think his fame may have gone to his head a little bit, which annoys me, but I don't think it really affects the team or his play. I blame that doucheface Snyder once again, treating RG3 like he's royalty and all. Hell he even ate Thanksgiving dinner with the Griffin family last year.

Pretty content with the Redskins picks so far. What about you guys and your teams?

Love my Saints picks. Stan Jean-Baptiste at CB. Fuck, his name alone sounds like he was born and raised in N.O.

I do wish we coulda got that CB the Browns took first though.

But we're doing good so far. Filled two needs with stud players. We still need a LB and some O-line depth.

He's hard to like.

It's not really anything to do with him. It's just that he was picked 22nd by a turd of a team, but they're treating him like he was picked 1st overall.Fuck, how about some love for the 21 people picked in front of him, who have a better shot at a real career.

Every time I hear the name Johnny Manziel, I hate him more.

He's hard to like.

I was hoping so hard that he would go to the Cowboys so then I could just unleash my full rage at him forever. Didn't happen tho :(

He's going to have to put on some serious muscle if he expects to survive in the NFL though. I feel like he is too small to take many hits by linebackers/D-linemen. Luckily for him Cleveland has a pretty solid O-line. I could definitely see him getting rocked quite regularly though given his tendency to scramble. He was a good evader in the SEC, but I feel like he won't be as lucky in the NFL.

Training camp, bitches. Meaningful football is almost here.

My Saints are getting younger, and the new guys are looking gooooood. I hope everyone stays healthy.

Same here in KC...lots of turnover and a very young team. It's always worrying when a team ditches their best offensive lineman, replaces him with a 2nd year player that didn't prove himself to be all that strong last year, and brings in an entirely new right side of the line. Good thing Alex Smith can run, because I have a feeling that he's going to be running for his life for the first half of the season.

Well, at least for another few weeks we all remain undefeated!

Can't wait for the regular season to start! Excited to see what the Redskins can do. 1 week till our preseason opener against the pats.

should be an interesting season.
LOTS of interesting stories around the league.
How will RGIII do?
Is Jimmy Graham gonna hold back because he got a bit screwed?
How 'bout that Sherman guy in Seattle? And Lynch?
And will Jerry Jones continue to turn the Cowboys in the Jim Carreys of the NFL?
and there's many more ....... gonna be an awesome season whatching all this unfold.

As for Manziel ...... I kind of like his attitude in general.

He's basically saying I'm a free individual and I don't like being told what to do in areas that are not really anyone's business but mine.
I'm the same way ...... sure .... he was in Vegas .... so fucking what? So were a hundred other NFLers ...... they just don't attract the attention he does.

Could it hurt his on-field performance? Perhaps but that's his choice.
It could also be a non-factor ...... only time will tell.

Usually I pull against the guys that get way too much celebrity before they've done anything but in his case I kinda hope he's bad-ass so he can go "Fuck You" to all the suits that want to control his every move.

And yeah, I know he gets paid a lot but, to me, that doesn't mean he becomes a slave with no freedom whatsoever.
He gets paid a lot to be a QB and if he's good then that's all that matters and if he's not good he'll be out of a job no matter how well-behaved and church going he might pretend to be.

Last edited:
Manziel is a spoiled rich kid. Always has been. He's had everything handed to him his whole life, so he doesn't know any other way to act. All he has to do is win though. Win football games and no one will care about what he does in his free time. But the second he doesn't look prepared, he will be crucified. He's not a college kid anymore. Fans and media go way easier on college kids. He's pro now and this is a results business. He's getting paid handsomely to produce results. He has bosses now. Lucky for him Cleveland is a small loser market and they will take whatever they can get.

The thing is though, he has a TON of shit to learn. The NFL is like astrophysics compared to college football. His playbook at Texas A&M consisted of two plays:
1) run around
2) heave it up somewhere near Mike Evans

In the NFL, the playbook for just one game is like a phone book.

I look at it like this....who are the very best QBs in the NFL? Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. They are the best of the best. They are elite. They are doctors of football. They know what the defense is going to do before the defense does it, and even though they're veterans and have seen everything, they work hard all offseason. You don't ever catch those guys in clubs acting a fool. I think Manziel should try to be more like them and less like Matt Leinart.

Classy Ravens fans shed tears for Ray Lewis retiring and recently gave wife beating Ray Rice a standing ovation at training camp. Eagles fans eat your heart out.

The Packers need a defense, they haven't had one since Rodgers was the starter. Even in the Super Bowl year the defense was bad but they got enough turnovers to cover their asses.
The division should be getting tighter too, the Lions had a ton of talent but a horrible coach and the Bears seem to be getting better. The Vikings should still suck royally., Adrian Peterson will be a HOF RB who never got a ring.

Manziel really set himself up, he is in no position to bitch about the press when he's putting himself out there as a party animal. A QB is supposed to be the leader of the team, if other team mates fuck up he wont be in a position to set them straight. If he fucks up, he'll get way less slack than other rookies who know enough to keep a low profile.

Richard Sherman needs to STFU, man he's going to get it rubbed in his face if he gets burned. I like a little trash talk, but he's really going overboard.

This is the year of the weed suspension, I guess these guys must have other well paying jobs lined up if it's not worth putting the pipe down to make $$$$$$$$.

This is the year of the weed suspension, I guess these guys must have other well paying jobs lined up if it's not worth putting the pipe down to make $$$$$$$$.

This absolutely blows my mind. How fucking stupid are these morons? Weed obviously has some kind of addictive or brain-dumbing properties for these guys to risk so much for a fucking high. Idiots. I guess you really can take the athlete out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the athlete.

Things I hope happen this season:

Manziel hype blows over when he throws 5 picks in his first start lol because he's a small little munchin who won't be able to see or take more than 1 sack without snapping in 2.

Sherman gets burned by half of the NFC receivers.

Cowboys go 0-16.

RG3 comes back better than ever. Our offense kicks ass. Defense tries really hard lol

Manziel is a spoiled rich kid. Always has been. He's had everything handed to him his whole life, so he doesn't know any other way to act. All he has to do is win though. Win football games and no one will care about what he does in his free time. But the second he doesn't look prepared, he will be crucified. He's not a college kid anymore. Fans and media go way easier on college kids. He's pro now and this is a results business. He's getting paid handsomely to produce results. He has bosses now. Lucky for him Cleveland is a small loser market and they will take whatever they can get.

The thing is though, he has a TON of shit to learn. The NFL is like astrophysics compared to college football. His playbook at Texas A&M consisted of two plays:
1) run around
2) heave it up somewhere near Mike Evans

In the NFL, the playbook for just one game is like a phone book.

I look at it like this....who are the very best QBs in the NFL? Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. They are the best of the best. They are elite. They are doctors of football. They know what the defense is going to do before the defense does it, and even though they're veterans and have seen everything, they work hard all offseason. You don't ever catch those guys in clubs acting a fool. I think Manziel should try to be more like them and less like Matt Leinart.

I swear, you should start your own column or sports talk show. I'd be an audience.

Back