I'm ready for some football.

Very few teams do. The only teams that survive with a backup QB are teams that didn't have a bad ass at QB to begin with. If the Raiders or Jags lose their top QB, it's no big deal. If Brees, Brady, or Manning goes down, those teams are probably fucked. That's the thing with backups. They're backups for a reason. They're usually career backups. Very rarely does a backup get a shot and become a star.

I think the Packers were 1-1-6 without Rodgers.

I think Darren Sharper will never see the light of day again.

Last edited:
What? 6 ties? I think your stat is wrong. :laughings:

You know what. I got it wrong, edited it and still got it wrong!

1-6-1

I knew what I was thinking but I just couldn't seem to get it in writing.

Either way, the win was the game where the Cowboys gave up a 23 point half time lead and the tie was against the Vikings and they're not world beaters.

You know what. I got it wrong, edited it and still got it wrong!

1-6-1

I knew what I was thinking but I just couldn't seem to get it in writing.

Either way, the win was the game where the Cowboys gave up a 23 point half time lead and the tie was against the Vikings and they're not world beaters.

Yeah that seems more realistic. Lol.

I remember that one season ending game a few years ago when Matt Flynn totally lit it up while Rodgers was resting up for the playoffs. That game made Flynn a lot of money, and he went on to do absolutely nothing for the rest of his career. LSU kid. :D

Yeah that seems more realistic. Lol.

I remember that one season ending game a few years ago when Matt Flynn totally lit it up while Rodgers was resting up for the playoffs. That game made Flynn a lot of money, and he went on to do absolutely nothing for the rest of his career. LSU kid. :D

He played okay for the Packers last year. When you're used to seeing good QBs, the other guys just need a second more, and can't get it where bit needs to be. Good QBs can take one step and avoid the rush and get off a pass while other guys just collapse. I've been watching Favre/Rodgers since 1992, it was tough watching Scott Tolzien and Seneca Wallace, Flynn was head and shoulders above them, but still very mediocre.

He played okay for the Packers last year. When you're used to seeing good QBs, the other guys just need a second more, and can't get it where bit needs to be. Good QBs can take one step and avoid the rush and get off a pass while other guys just collapse. I've been watching Favre/Rodgers since 1992, it was tough watching Scott Tolzien and Seneca Wallace, Flynn was head and shoulders above them, but still very mediocre.
Yeah it's amazing how fast and precise the elite QBs are with reading defenses, making their decision, and delivering the football. Guys like Manning and Brees and Brady aren't still valuable old timers just because they're good passers. They also don't get clobbered often. Rodgers will be an old starter too one day. He does take some shots though.

Hey Lt Boob, Pierre Thomas signed a 2 yr extension, so that's cool.
good .... I like Thomas .... he has flashes of brilliance ...... I think he could be one of those guys that goes on a tear and has a killer season. maybe not but that's the feeling I get watching him.

good .... I like Thomas .... he has flashes of brilliance ...... I think he could be one of those guys that goes on a tear and has a killer season. maybe not but that's the feeling I get watching him.

I think Pierre is still just a solid player all around. Sean Payton has molded his strengths into a perfect fit for our offense. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm always most impressed with his blitz pickups from what I've seen. He keeps Drew safe. He's like a 5-tool baseball player. He's not the best at anything, but he can do everything. Ingram is getting better, but he's not at Pierre's level yet.

Meanwhile my Skins haven't been doing too bad so far...nothing big, but we're quietly filling in holes :D I was sad we didn't go after one of the big-name CBs though....would have been awesome to pair DeAngelo Hall with one of them!

IMO, they overpaid for Orakpo by franchising him. Other than that they did alright. Not sure about giving 31 yo Hatcher 4 years but I like the short term implications there at least. The FA market was kind of weak this year.

Damn, Sproles just traded to Philly. :(

What is he, 31? He couldn't possibly have that much left in the tank. Was a smart move IMO since they were up against the cap, got a fifth rounder for a player, who knows, in another year maybe you get nothing in return and are stuck with a cap hit.

What is he, 31? He couldn't possibly have that much left in the tank. Was a smart move IMO since they were up against the cap, got a fifth rounder for a player, who knows, in another year maybe you get nothing in return and are stuck with a cap hit.
no doubt but I hate to see him go ..... beena big part of our success ......

IMO, they overpaid for Orakpo by franchising him. Other than that they did alright. Not sure about giving 31 yo Hatcher 4 years but I like the short term implications there at least. The FA market was kind of weak this year.

Yeah Orapko is good, but idk if he's 11 million a year good. He'll have to step it up! I was excited they signed Hatcher. I agree that 4 years was probably a bit long though.

I'm actually starting to feel pretty good about the defense...except for the safeties lol. We didn't pick up a single safety, yet all we hear about is "the safety positions are a huge concern." I guess they'll fill at least one of them in the draft hopefully?

I'm actually starting to feel pretty good about the defense...except for the safeties lol. We didn't pick up a single safety, yet all we hear about is "the safety positions are a huge concern." I guess they'll fill at least one of them in the draft hopefully?

I dunno man. I pretty much hate Jim Haslett at this point, not personally, but as a football fan. Hopefully he surprises everyone. They've made a decent effort to upgrade the talent available to him.

I dunno man. I pretty much hate Jim Haslett at this point, not personally, but as a football fan. Hopefully he surprises everyone. They've made a decent effort to upgrade the talent available to him.

Yeah, I'm hoping the better talent will shine through regardless of what Haslett does. Our pass rush should be pretty nasty, so that's a start. Honestly I'm more concerned about how our offense is gonna do since our OC is like 28 years old. Having a healthy RG3 will be nice, but teams have caught on to our pistol/hybrid offense that got us success his rookie year. Plus we didn't really upgrade any big pieces, although signing Roberts as a new WR could pay off I guess.

At the end of the day though, anything will be better than last year! :thumbs up:

Pats have completely upgraded the corner position with Darrell Reavis and Brandon Browner.Probably going to lose Vince Wilfork, but paying a $11m to a 32 year old, 330 pound DT coming off an Achilles tear is a very risky proposition. If you can say one thing about Bellichick, he's completely ruthless and unsentimental when it comes to retaining fan favorites!

Pats have completely upgraded the corner position with Darrell Reavis and Brandon Browner.Probably going to lose Vince Wilfork, but paying a $11m to a 32 year old, 330 pound DT coming off an Achilles tear is a very risky proposition. If you can say one thing about Bellichick, he's completely ruthless and unsentimental when it comes to retaining fan favorites!

Jets fans are vomiting out of their asses over Revis being back in that division with the Pats of all teams.

Back