jamstix

There is a bunch of posts on this site, that may help you. Do a search of key words like 'programming drums', or 'EZ Drummer'.

You will be best served, by serving yourself with members that have asked similar questions.

Here is a thread to start with, regarding EZDrummer. Not my favorite, by the way. Addictive Drums are way more 'real' sounding. Even then, I replace them with SS Platinum samples. But I have so much money, that I can't find ways to spend it lol!

thanks. I realize I won't be able to just press "play" and have it come alive.

That being said, I do like the feature that jamstix has that if you over program it, it will "X" out hits because it knows a real drummer only has two hands and two legs (according to the video).

Now, I remembered watching this a few years ago, and I thought the first 45 seconds of this clip part was appropriate for this thread.. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMyImrkA1j8&playnext=1&list=PL5AE3B5E8726F3927&feature=results_main

If I were you, I would look into purchasing Addictive Drums. Try the demo. It is much more natural in respect to sounding like drums you would have in your genre. EZD is really tough to work with in my opinion, as far as getting out of the box for unique sounds.

Though, I obviously have no concerns as to finances, because I have drank a few really strong beers. lol!

:facepalm:

I already bought EZ drums last year because they were on sale for $29. I own Native Instruments Maschine and Battery 3. I'm really up to my butt in drum sounds and sequencers. Jamstix caught my eye because it of its Artificial Intelligence and the reviews people were leaving in the forums about it. They claim the actual drum sounds on it aren’t that good, but it works with EZD and Addictive Drums and others.

thanks

Yeah, but then....

Now I have suisudio stuck in my head! Thanks dood!

lol!

Hell, seriously? ....

LOL! Oh that is too funny. Sorry I told you to only listen to the first 45 seconds. Quick put on some Led Zeppelin.. :-)

Argh! You suck!

I mean that only in the way that my own head cant get rid of the 80's. lol!

Thanks for the memories though. :)

Levy........ummmmmm.....

got watch out for those home made brewskies.. I use to make it and I used a wine yeast that died only in more than 20% alcohol. So it was really malt liquor not beer. Had a chick come to my apt. drank one beer, used the dog as a pillow, and stumbled home. I got a call at work the next day at 11am, WHAT THE !&%$ was in that beer? She said she went home fell face first on the bed, didn't take her make up off, and didn't set her alarm and just made it to work at 11am.. DOH!

anyway, I'll take a look at addictive drums. thanks!

Argh! You suck!

I mean that only in the way that my own head cant get rid of the 80's. lol!

Thanks for the memories though. :)

Levy........ummmmmm.....

I saw you're a cubase guy. cubase 7 is out now.

I know, now I spend more cash on software, while I learn to plug in a cable...

lol! I got GAS. ;)

Not til December tho....Have to hold it in. :)

I know, now I spend more cash on software, while I learn to plug in a cable...

lol! I got GAS. ;)

Not til December tho....Have to hold it in. :)

Ah yes, the active yeast cultures.. Not pasteurized..
Its good for you. Vitamin B Plus :D

Well, not only learning to play drums, but then we've got to learn how to record them. :( That don't happen overnight.

Scoff at my EZD, but I think I'm getting fairly decent results. Aren't I?? :o

Sure. I don't look down on anyone that uses drum programs. I know very few people can play and record drums at home successfully. It takes time, space, and makes a lot of noise.

There was that one mongo in the clinic though that claimed that he "played" the drums on his track while in reality he just pushed buttons on a keyboard. Lol. I gave him the business a little because he deserved it.

Sure. I don't look down on anyone that uses drum programs. I know very few people can play and record drums at home successfully. It takes time, space, and makes a lot of noise.

There was that one mongo in the clinic though that claimed that he "played" the drums on his track while in reality he just pushed buttons on a keyboard. Lol. I gave him the business a little because he deserved it.

Greg, Did you watch the Phil Collins's clip (above)? I was wondering what your opinion was on it. (Remember, only the first 45 seconds or you run the risk of getting Suusidio stuck in your head, and I will not be responsible for that. ) :D

Yes, you are correct. I don't have the space to record drums even if I could play them. :D

Greg, Did you watch the Phil Collins's clip (above)? I was wondering what your opinion was on it. (Remember, only the first 45 seconds or you run the risk of getting Suusidio stuck in your head, and I will not be responsible for that. ) :D

Yes, you are correct. I don't have the space to record drums even if I could play them. :D

I despise Phil Collins. Awful dentist office garbage music. Lol. I don't really have an opinion of the video. He wanted to use a drum machine, it's his song, so he can do whatever he wants. I don't care. I don't listen to his shit, so nothing he does will affect me in any way.

I do agree with him that a typical drummer would probably get bored playing that same little beat over and over.

Keep in mind that not one single fucking person will know or care that you use jamstix or loops or whatever. Only us snobby drummers would pick up on it, and when you make music to impress other musicians, you're missing the point.

Keep in mind that not one single fucking person will know or care that you use jamstix or loops or whatever. Only us snobby drummers would pick up on it, and when you make music to impress other musicians, you're missing the point.

Stevie ray Vaughan was a musician’s musician. I’m just trying to compose some music that somebody out there might like. I doubt if I would ever be considered a musician of any order, because being a musician takes talent. I only know what sounds good to me, and I hope that is enough. :D
Now, at some point if can pull it off, so you can’t really tell if its real drums or not, then that would make me happy, but I’m not holding my breath. :D

I was really wanting to find out, not if drum machines were better than real drummers (they aren't), but if anybody had any experience with jamstix or some other program that used AI to make drums not human, but perhaps humanoid.?

Back