is something wrong with these?

lets see some pics :)

- oh and yeah that file is basically the same tone sweep that REW makes

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I've done minor rearranging in preparation for the stuff :D

I'll loop the sweep tomorrow as well. Is my goal for the sweep for it to maintain a flat level instead of dropping off in some places and sounding louder in others?

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I've done minor rearranging in preparation for the stuff :D

I'll loop the sweep tomorrow as well. Is my goal for the sweep for it to maintain a flat level instead of dropping off in some places and sounding louder in others?

Thats the goal but it's impossible. So you want to get it as close as possible - I think the ideal is to have everything within a 6dB range.

:cursing: Lowes hasnt got my insulation in yet.
Hold on for those pics :listeningmusic:

And even if they did, they may not know it is there. Had an order for some sink valves once, that I was told were back ordered for a week. Waited two weeks with no response. Went to store to check. They had been in 3 days after I placed order. Never trust phone convo with LWs or HD.

And even if they did, they may not know it is there. Had an order for some sink valves once, that I was told were back ordered for a week. Waited two weeks with no response. Went to store to check. They had been in 3 days after I placed order. Never trust phone convo with LWs or HD.

I'll check tomorrow. Or wednesday since im working all day tuesday.
Gotta buy my mom an electric fireplace for her birthday. so im sure during the three hours theyll take to bring that out someone else can check on my roxul.

Ahhh the limited-edition white KRKs...I'm jealous :)
I got the pair brand new on the bay for 300 :eek: it was pretty insane

fuuuck lowes.
for real.

"I dont know. It was supposed to be in yesterday. But it's not. So you just gotta wait"

Theyre lucky i have to wait for my burlap to come it.
after that though,
creating a scene for my insulation is not beneath me :D

fuuuck lowes.
for real.

"I dont know. It was supposed to be in yesterday. But it's not. So you just gotta wait"

after that though,

Dood, I feel your pain man. Good luck with that.

fuuuck lowes.
for real.

after that though,

1. Make a scene
2. Demand a discount
3. ??????
4. Take the insulation home

They were a week late with my Roxul at lowes. That distributor only delivered once a week...

On a side note, I just installed two fire doors, and started install of the drum room ceiling joist fill of Roxul 80. And made my first trap with wood frame and nail gun! Friggen fast and sweet!! :D

On a side note, I just installed two fire doors, and started install of the drum room ceiling joist fill of Roxul 80. And made my first trap with wood frame and nail gun! Friggen fast and sweet!! :D

Sweet! I can't wait to get to work.

"I dont know it's not in yet. I'll call the vendor"
"You says you ordered in-sah-lay? insahlation?" "yeah, yeah, roxul? safe and sound?"
"Yeah. I dont know it's not in yet. I'll call the vendor. I'll call the vendor. It's not in yet. I'll call the vendor. It's not in yet. It's not in yet... It's not in yet. It aint in."

It was like I was watching the aviator or something.
"come in with the milk. come in with the milk. come in with the milk. come in with the milk."

Found the camera!

No foam on the walls, moved desk and amps, and the burlap is in.
Lowes still has no roxul.
DSCN1759.jpgDSCN1758.jpgDSCN1757.jpg

woke up today with a phone call from lowes.
at it's earliest it will be in wednesday.
buuut. i "might have to deal with a delay because of the holiday"
yeah. i think they meant "an even longer delay"

So here is my "trouble corner". I mentioned it earlier.
DSCN1762.jpg
(Imagine we're looking down on the corner from the ceiling)
This is what I would encounter if I tried to build it and stuff it in to the corner like this pp-triangle.gif (w/o the tip of course)
The tape is aprrox. 24" like the trap will be.
DSCN1763.jpg
Now since that would be a little weird, if i build a frame and put it to the corner like this still with 6" of roxul and 24" wide would it be a problem? 220px-Trigonometry_triangle.svg.png
DSCN1765.jpg

:confused:

Sorry if it's weird. It was my best way of explaining :o

So here is my "trouble corner". I mentioned it earlier.
View attachment 68432
(Imagine we're looking down on the corner from the ceiling)
This is what I would encounter if I tried to build it and stuff it in to the corner like this View attachment 68435 (w/o the tip of course)
The tape is aprrox. 24" like the trap will be.
View attachment 68433
Now since that would be a little weird, if i build a frame and put it to the corner like this still with 6" of roxul and 24" wide would it be a problem? View attachment 68436
View attachment 68434

Sorry if it's weird. It was my best way of explaining :o

Bbbump?

Sorry man, been busy as hell.

If you must keep the window exposed, then using your plan would be better than nothing for sure. I have a similar situation, but with a door to my drum room. I just built a 4" thick 8'X2' panel that I just lean in the corner. Scoot it out of the way when need access to the room. When mixing, I straddle the whole corner.

Attachments

• corner trap.jpg
    corner trap.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 30
Sorry man, been busy as hell.

If you must keep the window exposed, then using your plan would be better than nothing for sure. I have a similar situation, but with a door to my drum room. I just built a 4" thick 8'X2' panel that I just lean in the corner. Scoot it out of the way when need access to the room. When mixing, I straddle the whole corner.

No problem.

I just wanted to make sure it would mess anything up.
Since I've got to build two full traps before I get to that corner anyway, who knows? I might be able to seat a full one there.
Just trying plot everything out while I have time. Since Lowes STILL does not have my roxul.

Resonating.
I never actually had the desk set up there. But when speaking the drums would resonate the sounds

Worst case scenario I suppose during mxing or vox recording throwing a light blanket over the drums would cut out the resonation.

BTW. Got it :D
DSCN1766.jpg

Back