Poll About Cracked Software

Have you ever used pirated software even once by accident?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Ban Me

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Just wanna' know if you have ever used any cracked software at any point in your home recording journey.

I didn't really restrict it to music software. That photoshop software that literally everybody seems to have counts. So far it looks like 1/3rd of us are pirates. I've really said too much.

just sayin...

I have never used cracked commercial software. Many, many years ago I seem ot recall that I "may" have used copies of software that I did not actually pay for. But once I got my company going we were very strict about licensing. (I started my company in 1995) And any software I wanted I just purchased for the company, so made it easy to be 100% legal :)

I logged in to the Cakewalk store a while back. I can't believe the ungodly amount I have paid for all those upgrades over the years.

I had a friend with logic come over and show it to me. I hated it and erased it. Not sure that counts or not because it wasn't my software...

Other than that, no never saw the need. Actually I just purchased more plugs this past week.

you generally don't need to buy software with freeware like Ardour, LePou plug-ins, Digitalfishphones, Voxengo, KVR Audio...
Audacity is decent, but I'd seriously recommend testing out Reaper.

Great freeware is out there, you just have to search for it really.

Last edited:
you generally don't need to buy software with freeware like Ardour, LePou plug-ins, Digitalfishphones, Voxengo, KVR Audio...
Audacity is decent, but I'd seriously recommend testing out Reaper.

Great freeware is out there, you just have to search for it really.

and your neighbours from Hamilton Acmebargig....

:o <------------ our only stoned looking smiley Mon.

stoned_3.gif

I voted Yes, but I should explain why:

I was an original purchaser of Paint Shop Pro, CoolEdit, and PageMaker. Over the years I upgraded and replaced my computer (and software) several times, and often had to reinstall my software. Usually, no problems, but when Adobe bought these companies, they decided not to continue support for older versions. I had paid for all these products but my storage was pretty bad. Since I had just purchased only the download versions, I lost them, and Adobe wouldn't support any replacements. Even my old registration passwords didn't work when I tried to reload them onto a new computer.

I finally bought a used copy of Pagemaker on Ebay, and I'm using cracked versions of CE 2000 and Paint Shop Pro - to replace the exact versions I paid for (and couldn't reinstall) on my new computer.

So, yes, I have cracked software on my computer, and no, I don't feel bad about it.

I voted Yes, but I should explain why:

I was an original purchaser of Paint Shop Pro, CoolEdit, and PageMaker. Over the years I upgraded and replaced my computer (and software) several times, and often had to reinstall my software. Usually, no problems, but when Adobe bought these companies, they decided not to continue support for older versions. I had paid for all these products but my storage was pretty bad. Since I had just purchased only the download versions, I lost them, and Adobe wouldn't support any replacements. Even my old registration passwords didn't work when I tried to reload them onto a new computer.

I finally bought a used copy of Pagemaker on Ebay, and I'm using cracked versions of CE 2000 and Paint Shop Pro - to replace the exact versions I paid for (and couldn't reinstall) on my new computer.

So, yes, I have cracked software on my computer, and no, I don't feel bad about it.

Well they banned FoulPhil for 3 months for admitting to using cracked software. Let's see how they handle it when it's one of the mic forum darlings.

Back