Camera Freaks, this is your thread!

That is a great picture! Did you take alot of variations?

F.S.

Only about 100! My son and I went down to PR for a week a earlier this month, we played and drank all week--but he knew I was gonna be all business when it came time to get that shot. We spent a few hours in the old fort--got lots of other great shots as well.

Good stuff, WhiteStrat! Looks like pretty good album cover material now!

And nice Beaver capture, FS!

I've been so looking forward to spring showing up already to shoot some fresh new stuff and woke up this morning to another snow storm. :(

Maybe next week!?

Cheers! :)

All I'm seeing for F.S.'s pics are little blue question marks.

I took the S3000 to Edmonton over the weekend, but it was just dull and overcast, nothing to shoot, last year a jackrabbit hung out in the hotel lot for the whole evening, this year, nada. Now I know the 3000 aint in the same league as the SLR's mentioned here, but it's perfect for a business trip. In it's case it's tiny, and it takes damned good photos. Just chuck it in the briefcase and good to go.

I keep an older Canon Digital Elph in the glove box of the car and its decent enough to capture anything that might pop up out of the blue while I'm out and about and not carrying my SLR with me. I do it now as a necessity for things like traffic accidents as I was involved in a very minor fender bender a few years back and didn't have it with me then and swore from that point forward I would as it would have helped me to document the minor damage that the other party in the accident tried to grossly inflate on his insurance claim.

Well I got back to Puerto Rico to re-shoot the hopeful CD cover shot in this thread:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/safe-...ra-freaks-your-thread-192571/139/#post3518838

Here's the shot from this time around--darker and richer. Tweaking to come...
Love the pic Strat! Although I perfer the softer tone on this one, I like closer up shot of the first entry and depth perception on the first shot.

You said you shot about a 100 shots...lol Are you gonna post any other ones?

Love the pic Strat! Although I perfer the softer tone on this one, I like closer up shot of the first entry and depth perception on the first shot.

You said you shot about a 100 shots...lol Are you gonna post any other ones?

Thanks True--yep, more are coming. I haven't had a lot of Photoshop time since I got back, and I've gotta admit, when I do play with pics, I've been obsessing over this one--dreaming and scheming about how it'll look on the CD I'm gonna write and record!

In the meantime, here's a little ditty I shot this morning. This part of the road is covered by a canopy of growth, so we call it the Tree Tunnel. We got a late snow yesterday, and the sun was right back out nice and bright this morning. The combination made the the Tree Tunnel especially beautiful:

Attachments

• tree_tunnel.jpg
    tree_tunnel.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 59
Thanks True--yep, more are coming. I haven't had a lot of Photoshop time since I got back, and I've gotta admit, when I do play with pics, I've been obsessing over this one--dreaming and scheming about how it'll look on the CD I'm gonna write and record!
I'm looking forward to seeing them!

The Tree Tunnel is cool as all get out!

Hmmm...first CD cover with arched Doorway Tunnel...and perhaps another with Tree Tunnel? Could be a pattern here...:D

I'm looking forward to seeing them!

The Tree Tunnel is cool as all get out!

Hmmm...first CD cover with arched Doorway Tunnel...and perhaps another with Tree Tunnel? Could be a pattern here...:D

I hadn't even thought of that--there's a definite them. Maybe tunnel of doors on the front cover, and Tree Tunnel on the back? (Can't assume I'll get to 2 CDs, so maybe I should work both images into the first one!)

I hadn't even thought of that--there's a definite them. Maybe tunnel of doors on the front cover, and Tree Tunnel on the back? (Can't assume I'll get to 2 CDs, so maybe I should work both images into the first one!)

Good thinking!!!..and the music in the middle room the journey from one to the other!

Found this old church earlier today, 50 miles out of town on Lake Simcoe...

VV4G12874small.jpg

There's some beautiful old churches in Canada. Here in the US there seems to be a need to tear them down and replace them with something new. Hell, they're doing just that with the Ogden Temple right now.

There's some beautiful old churches in Canada. Here in the US there seems to be a need to tear them down and replace them with something new. Hell, they're doing just that with the Ogden Temple right now.
There's a huge amount of newer, uglier churches here too but I have a true love for the architecture and craftsmanship of the older ones...great way to pass the day too, driving around the countryside to find them!

It's not so much the newer ugly churches that's the problem. Here the problem is that they tear down the older ones and replace them with new ugly ones. I'm not a member of the LDS church, but was surprised to hear that they're tearing the Ogden temple down to replace it with a new one. I know if they proposed tearing down St. George's or St. Mary's cathedrals down in Kingston to put up new ones there'd be hell to pay.

Back