let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Cool space masada2502 - I'd love to get my computer monitors looking more like that (see my post just above yours) - but did you soffit those Mackies? I can't quite work out from the picture, but it sure looks like it. How has that actually worked out? Don't they need some airflow around the back for cooling of the amps? They're not ported cabs, but don't they have the passive radiator on the back?

Those Mackies are quite bass heavy anyway... and that's before you stick them in the wall... then there's the KRK sub I spy... I just see it and can't help but wonder if you have a complete low-end nightmare going on there! :p

My playground

Workstationfull.jpg

backfront.jpg

boothbottomfront.jpg

Beerfodge.jpg

This has to be the most important piece of gear in my studio:)

@clit:
you have used that space really well i think. looks like a studio you'd really want to spend alot of time in. haha. it looks real good, the smirnoff red is a nice touch.

@masada:
yeah dude your studio looks like its set up real well, and some VERY nice gear. but im also noticing the how the mackies are mounted in those soffits. along with the problems mattr mentioned, it looks like to me that they just point straight out into the room. forgive me if thats just the angle of the picture, but shouldnt they be pointed at your listening position?

That's because they're better than the low-end Behringers, but still cheap enough for us peasants to afford :p Well, that's the Rokits... the VXTs and Exposes are another story!

CityDump Records - Just built my studio 3 months ago

CityDump Records - Just built my studio 3 months ago

Engineer - ICON

Location - Indianapolis, IN

www.citydumprecords.com

Attachments

• Desk Shot 2.jpg
    Desk Shot 2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,438
  • controll room 1.jpg
    controll room 1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,434
  • booth1.jpg
    booth1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,427
  • controll room 3.jpg
    controll room 3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,428
This is my new room. Its my seventh recording studio and I'm still working the bugs outta this one. I had a separate control room in my last room, but that went away in the d-i-v-o-r-c-e. I have a separate bedroom setup for drums and as a guitar booth, but you can only see the cloud and one of the walls in the pictures. This one is going to sound pretty good and is comfy. I am building new furniture for the racks as I may be able to swing a ProTools setup and several new outboard devices one day......

Attachments

• IMG_3086_3.jpg
    IMG_3086_3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,351
  • IMG_3084_3.jpg
    IMG_3084_3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,338
  • IMG_3090.jpg
    IMG_3090.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,328
  • IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,323
This is my new room. Its my seventh recording studio and I'm still working the bugs outta this one. I had a separate control room in my last room, but that went away in the d-i-v-o-r-c-e. I have a separate bedroom setup for drums and as a guitar booth, but you can only see the cloud and one of the walls in the pictures. This one is going to sound pretty good and is comfy. I am building new furniture for the racks as I may be able to swing a ProTools setup and several new outboard devices one day......

Nice studio!!! :cool:

Music composition here!!!

Hi All
This was originally going in a basement room I rebuilt but then we split up and it's now in my Living room looking out to sea!!
Got to say I ve had some excellent results so far.:D

Both PC's run 64studio ( Linux) :)
and are Linked through the two DDX desks via an RME HDSP card giving me 3 ADATS giving me 24 tracks for mixdown.

Would like to get hold of the RME Raydat to use all the ADATS but the multitrack PC cannot take PCI Express.

Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• old setup1.jpg
    old setup1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,187
  • web-pic-1.jpg
    web-pic-1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,197
  • new setup1.jpg
    new setup1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,189
Hi All
This was originally going in a basement room I rebuilt but then we split up and it's now in my Living room looking out to sea!!
Got to say I ve had some excellent results so far.:D

Both PC's run 64studio ( Linux) :)
and are Linked through the two DDX desks via an RME HDSP card giving me 3 ADATS giving me 24 tracks for mixdown.

Would like to get hold of the RME Raydat to use all the ADATS but the multitrack PC cannot take PCI Express.

Cheers
Bob

Aside from the mic pres, those are awesome mixers.

Back