Going cheap, a big no no!

DARRIN! KCEREAL!

QUIT FIGHTING! YOUR TEARING THIS FAMILY APART!!!

seriously, is there anything you two dont argue about?

You're in the middle of a cock-measuring contest about motorcycles. It's actually a little awkward for the rest of us to watch.

geezuz..sensitive arent you...darrins not into motorbikes, its a little banter, hardly cave stuff...sorry for making it "awkward" :rolleyes:

Regarding the OP: Ah, the voice of youth. Hardly a day goes by that some youngster doesn't enlighten me with his discovered revelations. Ususally they are things that I discovered 30 or 40 years ago. But because they are new to him, he believes they are new to the whole world. Thanks for sharing.

BTW sonny, there are gear guys that would laugh at your Digidesign stuff and your "Digidesign venue" too. Not me of course. I'm a lowly Cakewalk user. There's a reason they call ProToolz "Alsihad". Look it up if this hasn't been revealed to you yet. Everything's relative. There's a guy in Foxboro, Massachusetts you should speak to. Hold on, let me find his number............................

Regarding the OP: Ah, the voice of youth. Hardly a day goes by that some youngster doesn't enlighten me with his discovered revelations. Ususally they are things that I discovered 30 or 40 years ago. But because they are new to him, he believes they are new to the whole world. Thanks for sharing.

When I was 5, I was firmly convinced that I invented the peanutbutter and jelly sandwich!:mad:

what field would that be? the homerecording field?

couldn't handle a hog? what all of 85bhp? lol
fucking tractor, yeah I wouldn't be able to handle it...the sheer lack of power boredom, lack of cornering ability (do you have corners in the US?), and the fact that you look like a realtor/banker/weekend warrior riding it! ;)

of course you'd buy one...you're clueless :D

I can show you how it is done sometime...Ill let you ride bitch so you will feel nice and safe...lol.

Don't judge age.

I understand your statement that it depends on the recording engineer but the fact remains that even the recording engineers experience and knowledge (since knowledge alone is pointless) is limited by the quality of their input source. If you have bad effects the recording engineer can't make it sound any better.

I think the blue highlighted part of his quote is spot on and that he should heed it himself. By all means, drop out of school, if you haven't done so already. Knowledge is entirely over rated. Quite possibly, you just may stumble upon how to make fire and even invent the wheel. I'm sure a person as bright as you will discover these things through experience.

Seriously though.......You really need to learn to respect people in general and particularly those that can help you. You respect experience? I would say that MANY here have been doing this since before you were born and a good number of those since before your parents where born. Sit down, shut up and listen to what they have to say. :)

going very cheap, like low low low budget is a mistake, unless thats your ONLY option for recording and you want to do it straight away. for some people that is what there situation is.

the best thing you can do, i think anyway...
is set a budget of say 1000 or 2000 dollars and save all your money till you get the amount you set for yourself, that way you have the option of getting a mid level recording interface and a decent mic, some moniters and headphones and if you make beats a keyboard or midi controller. then you have it all at once, everything you need.

my first setup cost around $2500 and it did everything i wanted and more, 2 years down the track now i feel im ready to drop 10k plus and move on to bigger, better sounds. thats just the natural progression goes.

in some cases you can get a better then demo sound if you know wat your doing already just with some well chosen low-mid level equipment, but this 1000-2000 bugget will provide what you with most of what you need to get started learning the right skills to take onto the more expensive setups.

dont forget about what the others have said though, you need to pick your setup based on your needs and not cause it works well for someone else or has a good review. or costs $10,000.

I think the blue highlighted part of his quote is spot on and that he should heed it himself. By all means, drop out of school, if you haven't done so already. Knowledge is entirely over rated. Quite possibly, you just may stumble upon how to make fire and even invent the wheel. I'm sure a person as bright as you will discover these things through experience.

Seriously though.......You really need to learn to respect people in general and particularly those that can help you. You respect experience? I would say that MANY here have been doing this since before you were born and a good number of those since before your parents where born. Sit down, shut up and listen to what they have to say. :)

Go and read all my posts. I was addressing an issue and quite frankly checking how many people will play on age, just as you have. If anybody wants some respect I will give them a public apology if I did anything to disrespect them that didn't come from them disrespecting me to start with. I will even apologise for this message but please don't go on about dropping out of school not that that message said knowledge ALONE not knowledge is pointless. I am a top student I wont drop out of school it is pointless. I am going into a career as a sound engineer which kind of requires me finishing school and going to study at a collage or university.

This is one thing I can't understand, if you intend to do something properly why go cheap.

I have seen in both live and recording. People will rather buy that cheap Behringer instead of the soundcraft that will do the job better and have to replace the behringer in 2-3 years opposed to the Soundcraft that would last nearly 10(live sound). I have just started dabbling in recording but so far I am seeing the same thing. Wares opposed to buying the software, 'best cheap reverb'- do yourself a favour and save up for a good lexicon processor, less expensive software compared to the top of the range.

If you can't afford something make a plan to get the money together don't take the cheaper alternative. There is a ton of recordings out there that just plain suck because of incompetent recording engineers (if that is what it should be called) with rubbish equipment.

This is a hobbyist environment-Plenty of room for everyone.

Having a Behringer anything beats having nothing at all. Replacing that Behringer 2-3 years later is in some ways a better idea as you know through experience exactly what you need next time. Just buying the best is really nothing if you have no clue what you need in the first place.

Having a Behringer anything beats having nothing at all. Replacing that Behringer 2-3 years later is in some ways a better idea as you know through experience exactly what you need next time. Just buying the best is really nothing if you have no clue what you need in the first place.
that's way true.

Years ago when I got heavily into bicycling, I spent a grand on my first good bike ........... not long after, as I started learning what I was doing ....... it became clear that I needed a different bike and ended up having to spend another grand on what I really needed.
But as a beginner, I didn't know enough to make an informed choice.

Back