glossy,polish,shinning sound on the master 2 track??

Shut up you fucking nub. You're too stupid to realize that Walters is nothing but a joke and makes up stupid posts all over the Internet.

Well, he is as much of a joke as walters, which is the problem... he just comes off as having a legitimate opinion because he doesn't use English quite as broken as walters'. If he started posting the same crap with a few less conjunctions, etc., it would all sound the same...

"Why do homerecording say go studio shiny sound this site recording home".

Its comedy gold in the making!

How's the PIZZA HangDawg

Got your self one of those Ab-swing things yet?

i have to apologies at this point I have found Reaper.

this from the Code designer:

"For me, coding is a form of self-expression. The company controls the most effective means of self-expression I have. This is unacceptable to me as an individual, therefore I must leave." - from a blog posting announcing his resignation from AOL

Pretty much sums it up for me.

So I figure where the market exists so does the art, so I will go there now and make a moderate annoyance of myself.

i guess it’s just different people for a different world view.

oh i have to go tell your cool analouge dudes that i got that Tape machine.

If he started posting the same crap with a few less conjunctions, etc., it would all sound the same...

Got your self one of those Ab-swing things yet?

i have to apologies at this point I have found Reaper.

"For me, coding is a form of self-expression. The company controls the most effective means of self-expression I have. This is unacceptable to me as an individual, therefore I must leave." - from a blog posting announcing his resignation from AOL

Pretty much sums it up for me.

So I figure where the market exists so does the art, so I will go there now and make a moderate annoyance of myself.

oh i have to go tell your cool analouge dudes that i got that Tape machine.

Getting closer! Still no Walters, though...:(

Yep. The real world versus an impossible Utopia. I'll take reality, thank you very much. As a software developer myself, I can tell you that the ex-AOL dude isn't going to be able to actually feed his family for very long (or dirty his bong water, if he's still somewhere between college grad and adult) with that attitude.

And for a guy who's only been here for a few days, Blackie, you sure are good at stereotyping everybody into general groups and getting it wrong most of the time. If you bothered to actually listen to this forum for long enough to learn the players, you'd know that there are a mix of people here from posers to pros, and that there are quite a few people here that you could actually learn a few things from, and for whom your stereotypes are so incredibly wrong.

The reason they are here in Home Recording, is because it's the Home Recording people who need it; they are the ones in over their heads and they are the ones that are always asking "how can I make my recordings sound pro?" There's gotta be SOMEONE here to tell them that when people like you suggest that the way to do it is to MBC the 2track, that they really need to avoid stepping in that steaming pile of wrong answer.

G.

As a software developer myself, I can tell you that the ex-AOL dude isn't going to be able to actually feed his family for very long (or dirty his bong water, if he's still somewhere between college grad and adult) with that attitude.

Umm.. Glen, you do know that "ex-AOL dude" was the original man behind Winamp and Gnutella and that when he sold out Nullsoft his share was around $60 million?

I think he can feed himself :)

for(my $sub = 0; $sub <= $#ARGV; ++$sub) {
print "$ARGV[$sub]\n";
}
print "[@ARGV]\n";

Ah, that feels much better ... Take that Randy Falco! I hope that you choke on that the next time you're drinking your 1787 Chateau Lafite and having Filet Mignon on your yacht in the Hamptons!

Umm.. Glen, you do know that "ex-AOL dude" was the original man behind Winamp and Gnutella and that when he sold out Nullsoft his share was around $60 million?

I think he can feed himself :)
Ah, yes, and Kobe Bryant is worth even more. Therefore everybody should just drop out of high school and play basketball, because the likelihood is that they will get just as far.

Not on this planet.

Oh, and am I the only one who acknowledges the cruel irony of this guy becoming a big time software multimillionaire writing software targeted mainly to those who saw his stuff as a way to fight back against big money and big business software?

Suckers.

;) :)

G.

Last edited:
YES another question SouthSIDE Glen can NOT answer
What question is that?

How to sound like something from Poland?

Or how to get something to sound like my shin?

Or why someone is asking how to change the sound on a master, which by definition is the final version one has after all sound changes have already been made?

Actually the one question I cannot answer is why after almost two and a half years of hainging out at and being kicked off of Harmony Central, Gearslutz, and Home Recording (amongst others), that you are still either such an ignorant slut when it comes to audio engineering, or still think it's enjoyable or profitable to act like on online.

Now THERE's a question worth asking.

G.

so why do most of the people on here just flame beginners. If I was a beginner here asking for help, I'd just go somewhere else, instead of being insulted.

so why do most of the people on here just flame beginners. If I was a beginner here asking for help, I'd just go somewhere else, instead of being insulted.
Morty, you obviously haven't yet learned about "walters". He is a Kilroy, an anonymous alter ego, an imginary character run either by a troll or by one of the annoying regulars on these forums.

If you took a look at the info on the top of every one of his posts, you'd see he has been around for almost two and a half years and 750 posts, every one of them asking some kind of nonsensical question that simply contains some new buzzwords of the day that he has picked up a recent thread in a related forum (this one stolen straight from the BBE thread not long ago), and not a single one actually answering even the most basic of questions. He is no newbie, and he is still asking the same kind of nosense questions he has from the beginning, questions that even a naked newborn would not be asking. He already knows damn well the answers, and that the questions are intentionally crafted to buzz the forums like flies on a picnic.

He is famous/infamous all over the on-line audio and musician community. The only reason he has not been booted is because he seems to enteratin as many people as he annoys. Most just use him as a textual leather strap on which to polish (not Polish) their satirical razors.

G.

If there is anything you can learn from this thread, then it is this: Rep points don't mean anything.
That's because you're missing the point of rep points. I give Walters rep points just because he provides great comic relief. And getting some of the posters' panties in knots here just adds to the amusement. :p

Ok Southside

i'll take you up on that ....

notice I said focus on the Mix and that logic had it right.

tell me why wouldn't i use Multi band compression on a stereo final Track?

I’m assuming you use Multiband compression all the time, so you tell me where you do use it and indeed why was that the wrong answer?

Actually don't answer that i couldn't be bother getting into another stupid argument about compression.(but if you think for some chest beating reason you need to have this argument just tell me, i use MBC everyday)

I’ll say this:

if indeed people are here to help home-Recorders then why do they seem to get such little help......... actually no I’ll take that back an apologise because I’m sure lots of people have got help….

And if “Old mate” there is a faker then .. Whatever you’re right I generalise and stereotype too much as well.

Basically upon re-read I’m coming off looking like one of those confused “left-wing” types that hates everything just to seem like they are going against “the power” I’m really not like that.

Sometimes I’m two different people.

basically your right ... about everything except the compression of course.

Oh and those comments that independent “drop outs” can’t make money their wrong too our world is changing I just want people to keep with that that’s all.

I’ll tell you if Reaper stays as it is in economic and business structure design it is the future of DAW music.
I don’t say that lightly it.. (or something like it) IS the DAW of the future.
For a number of boring sociological (yes the study of human reactions) economic and market system driven reasons.

How can it not be?

With the power of the MArket behind it:

- people give feedback and the design constantly improves

- no "dongle" no USB "cripple".

- the program with proliferate because of it's small size and free download.

- the honour system is applied and will work.(look up Winamp)

- The Corporate DAW exist and are Great programs IN SPITE of their relative recent "take over" in the corporations sense.

they will slowly fall behind these market systems in features and design as they disconnect themselves from the market and the coders because they exist to make money not to "increase moral in the workplace" or "help people."

I’m not saying they are Bad (corporations)(I’m not jaded) I’m just saying they are a backward communistic era business economic design.

They are inefficient slow moving and ruin everything artistic they control 100%.
Art exists in Spite of their control.

the market is the way.

How can it not be?

I hope this helps, it took long enough to write:

An essay on how it just can't be.​

Issues surrounding how it just can't be can never be over analysed. I find my self constantly drawn back to the subject of how it just can't be. While it is becoming a hot topic for debate, how it just can't be is not given the credit if deserves for inspiring many of the worlds famous painters. It is estimated that that how it just can't be is thought about eight times every day by those politicaly minded individuals living in the past, many of whom blame the influence of television. Keeping all of this in mind, in this essay I will examine the major issues.

Social Factors

Society is our own everyday reality. Upon Peter Pinkleton-PishPosh's return to Britain he remarked 'class will refelect the inner hero' [1], he created a monster which society has been attempting to tame ever since. Much has been said about the influence of the media on how it just can't be. Observers claim it demonstrates a coherent approach, something so lacking in our culture, that it is not recognised by all.

Some analysts have been tempted to disregard how it just can't be. I haven't. It is intrinsically linked to adolescent inner acclimatisation.

Economic Factors

We no longer live in a world which barters 'I'll give you three cows for that hat, it�s lovely.' Our existance is a generation which cries 'Hat - $20.' We will begin by looking at the Inter-Spam model, a lovely model.

Market
Value
Of
Gold

how it just can't be

There is no longer a need to argue the importance of how it just can't be, it is clear to see that the results speak for themselves. The question which surfaces now is, how? Even a child could work out that the market value of gold sings a very different tune. A sharp down turn in middle class investment may lead to changes in the market.

Political Factors

Modern politics owes much to the animal kingdom. Comparing international relations since the end of the century can be like observing how it just can't be-ilisation, as it's become known, and one's own sense of morality.

To quote one of the great political analysts Achilles Skank 'consciousness complicates a myriad of progressions.' [2] One cannot help but agree when faced with how it just can't be, that this highlights an important issue. If our political system can be seen as a cake, then how it just can't be makes a good case for being the icing.

I hope, for our sake that how it just can't be will endure.

Conclusion

To reiterate, how it just can't be plays a large part in the lives of all. It inspires, ensures financial stability and statistically it's great.

Here with the final word is Hollywood's ElvisSpielberg: 'At first I was afraid I was petrified. Thinking I could never live without how it just can't be by my side.' [3]

[1] Flankton - The Complete History - 1999 Fantastico Publishing

[2] Skank - Politics for Dummies - PV6 Media

[3] It Magazine - Issue 302 - Spam Media Group

Back