How To Use Metaphors More Effectively (3 Mistakes)

The problem with AC/DC, in my opinion, is that they should have retired after Back in Black. Any success they might have had after that was riding that album. All the "Who Made Who's" and whatever else they put out was totally forgettable to me. To me, they have one good album with Johnson, and a bunch of good tunes with Bon Scott.

Axl's gonna bring them back to a long and non-turbulent series of hit...[15 minutes of vomiting]

The problem with AC/DC, in my opinion, is that they should have retired after Back in Black. Any success they might have had after that was riding that album. All the "Who Made Who's" and whatever else they put out was totally forgettable to me. To me, they have one good album with Johnson, and a bunch of good tunes with Bon Scott.

I mostly agree. The Bon Scott era was bad ass. The Brian Johnson era has Back in Black and enough good songs afterwards to make one more album.

Sometimes it's funny to read the first page of a thread and then jump to the last. Page 1 is talking about using metaphors correctly, and now on page down it's a discussion on when AC/DC should've hung it up. :)

Jeez, I had to actually *work* at work this past week, and I totally missed this award-winning thread. That teaches me to look away.

Sometimes it's funny to read the first page of a thread and then jump to the last. Page 1 is talking about using metaphors correctly, and now on page down it's a discussion on when AC/DC should've hung it up. :)

Then you totally missed the coffee discussion on pages 3 & 4. I may actually do some shopping for a new coffee maker now :)

Then you totally missed the coffee discussion on pages 3 & 4. I may actually do some shopping for a new coffee maker now :)

(We must be set up differently. The coffee discussion is on page 6 for me.)

Get a Corningware!!!!

I have 3 now, because they're really hard to find. So, whenever I see one on Craiglist or Varagesale, I scoop it up. The first one I got off E-Bay cost me $20 for the perculator, and $50 shipping. :eek: But it was worth it at the time, until I found the others in my town and didn't have to pay the shipping.

This is an unstoppable steamroller of a thread....

And we're back on page 1

(We must be set up differently. The coffee discussion is on page 6 for me.)

Get a Corningware!!!!

I have 3 now, because they're really hard to find. So, whenever I see one on Craiglist or Varagesale, I scoop it up. The first one I got off E-Bay cost me $20 for the perculator, and $50 shipping. :eek: But it was worth it at the time, until I found the others in my town and didn't have to pay the shipping.

Yeah, I've noticed that I have different posts-per-page than others. I must've set that up at some point years back.

Man I haven't seen a percolator since I was in elementary school. I only have 1 cup of coffee per day, so the Keurig makes sense for me. I'm not a fan of generating trash every time I make coffee, but for a single serving it's perfect. Plus I'm a walking disaster in the mornings so the simple button push is about all I can manage these days :D

Back