Micing vs miking

So ... 'MIC' or 'MIKE'? ;) Actually, I find its a great eye-opener/converstion starter. I named my new event 'Mike's Open Mike' and some people question the (second) 'mike', "shouldn't that be 'mic'?" So they notice it, and hopfeully make a mental note of it!

Hahahaha I never said the Beastie Boys were the "font of wisdom;" in fact, I never said anything about wisdom at all. I just figured if anyone knows about mics it's them. And clearly most of you haven't listened to anything they did past "Fight For Your Right (to Party)." If you had, you'd give them the sonic respect they deserve.

That being said, I was only trying to be funny. Note taken for future attempts at humor. ;)
Humour is a funny thing.......
Both in real life and in cyberspace it's so easy to be misunderstood where humour is concerned. But there's no universal standard yardstick by which everyone measures so much of the time it's pot luck if someone gets "it." Sometimes people point to things I've said and they've found them really funny and I'm thinking, well, it wasn't particularly. Other times I try to be and think, 'what a belter !' and it just goes over everyones' heads !
Go figure.
For the record I was following Mike's lead and just kidding. I'd never question or pour scorn on someone's taste in music. How could I when I like Petula Clark, :facepalm: the Bay City Rollers :eek: and the Osmonds ? :o :D

Hahaha no worries at all, Grim; I thought it was pretty funny. I don't take things personally most of the time, and it's pretty hard to offend me. Actually, I like being offended; I find I usually learn something about myself when I am offended. But like I said, it's pretty hard to do. ;)

Back