Start out with a head ache

I can't find any other way to introduce myself or post a new thread. My name is Barkley and I am 73 years old. I've been performing since age 14 (guitar and vocal) I have a Lexicon Omega and have installed Cubase LE 4 as well as the Windows 7 driver on my computer. It will not open. Any suggestions?

I can't find any other way to introduce myself or post a new thread. My name is Barkley and I am 73 years old. I've been performing since age 14 (guitar and vocal) I have a Lexicon Omega and have installed Cubase LE 4 as well as the Windows 7 driver on my computer. It will not open. Any suggestions?
Welcome, Barlkey. Your post might get lost in here, with all the non-sense going on.

Can you not see a "START NEW THREAD" button at the top left of one of the forums? Anyway, hopefully someone else will come along and help you out, but I'll tell you in advance that you'll have to give more information.

As Rami said, start a new thread, post as much information as you can provide (mainly what computer hardware you are using) and then we can focus on your issues.

My post, which was Post #2 at the time, went almost exactly like this. (and if someone has it quoted somewhere, please feel free to correct me). Going from memory, this is what I said:

"I have the attention span of a 4 year old, so I didn't get through all of that. But basically, here are a couple of things you need to know:

1) If you buy an interface, you don't need a mixer and you won't be using your sound card.

2) If you....oh look. A puppy."

That was almost exactly what I posted. If anyone really believes that warranted deleting and a "scolding" in a private message, then so be it. Personally, I think there was some major over-reacting going on.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's mine. :)

"Over-senstive whiny little baby."

Noun: An over-sensitive, whiny little baby.

I KNOW I got that one right. :)

Rami

Jimmy deleted a post of mine. That's why you're confused. I told him the thread is worse off after he deleted my post, because now everything is out of context and confusing.

We disagree (me and Jimmy) on whether my message should have been deleted. I was making fun of myself for having a short attention span, and he (and Dave) took it as if I was criticizing the OP's message. I was actually helpful in my post by telling the OP he doesn't need a mixer and his internal sound card won't be used if he gets an interface. There is absolutely no reason that my post should have been deleted.

So Jimmy and Dave were on the same page as far as mis-interpreting my post. I didn't mean to make fun of anyone but myself and they mis-understood it. I'll take the proverbial "high road" and say that I'll take the blame. I must have not typed it the way I meant it. (though I don't believe that for a second, I'll still say it).

Yeah, I dropped the ball there. I accidentally 'hard' deleted RAMI's post. :eek:

I have flogged myself and so has Chili. Extra flogging will be understood and taken like a bad puppy.

My bad. I apologize. :(

Yeah, I dropped the ball there. I accidentally 'hard' deleted RAMI's post. :eek:

I have flogged myself and so has Chili. Extra flogging will be understood and taken like a bad puppy.

My bad. I apologize. :(
Hey man, it's all good. No need to apologize. You guys do a great job moderating, but we're all only human. In this case, there was no need for deleting or anything else. But it's no biggie. :)

But....and I'm directing this at nobody in particular, and everyone at the same time....can we all just loosen and lighten up a little bit around here? There was absolutely no reason for anyone to start policing this thread and trying to "protect" a newbie from anything. Some people seem to feel a need to constantly act like the "Hero for Newbies", and it's ALWAYS mis-placed and un-necessary.

Let's all just chill out a bit. :)

Last edited:
My post, which was Post #2 at the time, went almost exactly like this. (and if someone has it quoted somewhere, please feel free to correct me). Going from memory, this is what I said:

"I have the attention span of a 4 year old, so I didn't get through all of that. But basically, here are a couple of things you need to know:

1) If you buy an interface, you don't need a mixer and you won't be using your sound card.

2) If you....oh look. A puppy."

That was almost exactly what I posted. If anyone really believes that warranted deleting and a "scolding" in a private message, then so be it. Personally, I think there was some major over-reacting going on.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's mine. :)
Personally, I think they should have cut your balls off! LOL!:spank:

Hey man, it's all good. No need to apologize. You guys do a great job moderating, but we're all only human. In this case, there was no need for deleting or anything else. But it's no biggie. :)

But....and I'm directing this at nobody in particular, and everyone at the same time....can we all just loosen and lighten up a little bit around here? There was absolutely no reason for anyone to start policing this thread and trying to "protect" a newbie from anything. Some people seem to feel a need to constantly act like the "Hero for Newbies", and it's ALWAYS mis-placed and un-necessary.

Let's all just chill out a bit. :)

Actually, fucker I was trying to protect you to be honest.

Whatever...Sorry I stepped in. Won't happen again.

Actually, fucker I was trying to protect you to be honest.

Whatever...Sorry I stepped in.

The only part of my previous post that was directed at you was the part that said you have nothing to apologize for and you guys do a great job of moderating.....

Not sure why you're apologizing for stepping in.

We need a sticky up top without any posts in it just saying "The answer to your question is: Buy an interface"...

Might solve us all some grief.

The laziness is what gets me. It doesn't take much research to find out that one needs an interface. Which is pretty much why I've quit answering the question! LOL!

Back