don't come here no more

Cool raunchy bass/guitar sound!
The song itself is not really my cup of tea somehow, but it's very well done
Are you still using your Tascam 688?

Hey, that's great. Thanks for checking back. I was hoping you would, as you planted the seed for a redo with your comment on the vocals. They were my biggest concern initially. I tried to pay closer attention to cadence and pitch this time. Not a lot of attention mind you, but some at least ;) :). Thanks again.

Glad the suggestion was positive. I am usually hesitant to make suggestions to folks like you who have so much more experience than I do.

Great stuff.

Quite different from your usual offering, but I liked it! It took a bit to settle in, but about the half-way mark, I was groovin'. Thanks for writing and sharing, Pete! Keep it up!

Thanks PI. Yeah, it is different I think. I removed some guitars from the first couple of verses and maybe I should've left some in on the 2nd so it builds up steadily. It doesn't really seem to get going until the 3rd verse.

Well, it's a groovin' tune and that's what I do every time I listen to it.

Thank you for your continued support and encouragement :guitar:.

Cool raunchy bass/guitar sound!
The song itself is not really my cup of tea somehow, but it's very well done
Are you still using your Tascam 688?

Thanks for listening doc.

I still have it and occasionally use it for making loops or effects of some kind, plus it looks cool. I haven't made a complete recording on it in years though.

Glad the suggestion was positive. I am usually hesitant to make suggestions to folks like you who have so much more experience than I do.

Great stuff.

It was so funny to read that especially in reference to someone like me. I've been doing this off and on for a long time, but never all that intensely. I don't really know what I'm doing most of the time. You shouldn't think twice about stuff like that. It's not like anyone but a dick is going to be like, "I only accept feedback from people with X amount of experience", you know?

Anyway, thanks again. That's why I keep coming back here. Tons of people willing to help other random people create the best sounds that they can :).

Like the tune! I haven't posted here in a long time, so I won't call BR1180Man out for making such... um... an .... unhelpful comment... oops I guess I just did! Oh well.
Yeah, as others have said, a smidge more kick would be cool, but great track as-is. Enjoyed it start to finish.

J

Like the tune! I haven't posted here in a long time, so I won't call BR1180Man out for making such... um... an .... unhelpful comment... oops I guess I just did! Oh well.
Yeah, as others have said, a smidge more kick would be cool, but great track as-is. Enjoyed it start to finish.

J

Wow - somehow I had missed the BR1180Man comment. That is wild. I don't think I have ever neg repped anyone here, but I am sorely tempted.

J

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it :). The kick is up vs. 1st mix, but perhaps still not as present I would like. After much adjusting, this was the best I could get.

Wow - somehow I had missed the BR1180Man comment. That is wild. I don't think I have ever neg repped anyone here, but I am sorely tempted.

Thanks both of you, but I think it's fine? I've never neg repped anyone either.

I assume they were just being honest and not trying to be rude or mean or whatever. I think it's probably kind of accurate too, but just not that relevant to me, you know? I'm not really into songwriting, nor am I doing this in an effort to get more listeners. If I were, that advice would probably apply.

Sometimes I feel like I get treated with kid gloves around here, and I don't want to give the impression that negative feedback gets shot down. Plus, I said I would appreciate ridicule :)!

It was a pretty odd comment, but mainly because I couldn't really work out what he was actually trying to say with it? I started typing something back, but other folks had picked up on it and I didn't really want to create an internet pile-on of the guy, so I deleted it. Looking back now, I still can't make sense of it to be honest, but I don't think it was meant in a flamey kind of way. Mybe just clumsily expressed?

I think I've only ever neg repped one poster as far as I can remember - who bitched and moaned pathetically in the clinic about never getting any feedback on his mixes (despite never giving any himself), so I put some feedback down and others did too...and he never returned to the thread. He grinded my gears mainly because I knew he was going to do that in the first place...

Other than that I find avoidance a better strategy than neg repping. There are too many better ways to spend your life than engaging with morons you'll never meet to try and convince them that they are indeed morons.

I'm not really into songwriting, nor am I doing this in an effort to get more listeners. If I were, that advice would probably apply.

I don't get you lol :-) You write songs, your record them, you seem to enjoy the process, so how can you not be - into it. Maybe you mean you are not like those guys in the songwriting forum trying to 'hone their craft', which I am down with 100% - I'm not into that part either. I am of the whatever happens happens school of thought.

Anyway - I thought the guy was being prickish, but nuff said.

I don't get you lol :-) You write songs, your record them, you seem to enjoy the process, so how can you not be - into it. Maybe you mean you are not like those guys in the songwriting forum trying to 'hone their craft', which I am down with 100% - I'm not into that part either. I am of the whatever happens happens school of thought.

Oh yeah, I love home recording, but I don't care for songwriting itself so much at all. I guess I mean songwriting in the "classic" sense? I don't really ever sit down and write stuff. It's more like I think of a beat, or a riff, or some vocals, and then I'm like, "I want to do that", but then I'm like, "shit, that means there needs to be a song with that in it". It usually stops there. Sometimes though, I get it together and create structure and lyrics and stuff, and I post it here. I love tracking and playing and whatnot. The songwriting part is more a means to an end. I might like to try some 20 minute atonal jams and see if that works better for me :)?

New mix sounds good, DooBro. I liked it but I was hoping for a tom petty cover :D

Thanks, uh...DooBro :confused: :)? Oh yeah, he has that "don't come around here no more" song...damn. Well, my title is totally different!

Oh yeah, I love home recording, but I don't care for songwriting itself so much at all. I guess I mean songwriting in the "classic" sense?

Yeah, I guess I figured. I am of the whatever happens school of thought on it. I usually get the jamming part done, then ride around in the car for a couple weeks thinking up lyrics, then record the vocals :-)

Chuck

Yeah, I guess I figured. I am of the whatever happens school of thought on it. I usually get the jamming part done, then ride around in the car for a couple weeks thinking up lyrics, then record the vocals :-)

Chuck

I like that idea. I often do vocals last, but I've been burned a few times when the vocals never came and something that wasn't meant to be an instrumental languished away as one.

Chuck
Probably 75% of my songs are done that way. Not that that means anything because my songs are stupid, but you're not alone in doing it like that.

I often "compose" songs while lying in the bed with a guitar before sleep. And if i don't record it within short time so that it's finished, every night i play the whole song in my mind while trying to sleep, trying to figure out how it should be arranged etc. It's hell.

I often "compose" songs while lying in the bed with a guitar before sleep. And if i don't record it within short time so that it's finished, every night i play the whole song in my mind while trying to sleep, trying to figure out how it should be arranged etc. It's hell.

You want to know what hell is? Try waking up every single day for almost a decade with ZZ Top's 'She's Got Legs' playing in your head..... But yeah - when that happens to me (the trying to sleep song driving me crazy) it is usually a tiny fragment of a melody going OVER AND OVER and especially when I've had too much coffee, which is every day.

Back