Jeff Lynne - ELO 2013 Performance

Maybe true, but I was amazed at how well his voice for a guy easily into his 60's sounded.

I'm sure Jeff Lynne will cry all the way to he bank worrying about your opinions of himself or his music! :guitar:

I'm sure Jeff Lynne will cry all the way to he bank worrying about your opinions of himself or his music! :guitar:

I'm sure he's equally unconcerned, you're right.

I know everyone here has one foot in the grave, but it stuns me how much so many people whose reason for being here is purportedly to make new music they've recorded themselves keep harking back to THE 70s.:confused:

I know everyone here has one foot in the grave, but it stuns me how much so many people whose reason for being here is purportedly to make new music they've recorded themselves keep harking back to THE 70s.:confused:

Very, very few bands/musicians can stay relevant 40 years after their heyday. They all become revival acts, cover bands of themselves, and the ones that don't are relegated to playing small clubs to only their most hardcore fans. No one goes to Aerosmith concerts to hear their new album cuts. That's when everyone leaves to take a piss and buy beer. I suppose if Jeff Lynne had said "I'm only playing my newest material", if he even has any, the promoters would have said "okay, fuck you then" and they would have moved on to the next easy listening geezer.

I don't get your meaning. All the OP said was that Lynnes voice is still amazing. I don't know if that is necessarily harking back to the seventies or not. But perhaps I'm not understanding your comment clearly.

I don't get your meaning. All the OP said was that Lynnes voice is still amazing. I don't know if that is necessarily harking back to the seventies or not. But perhaps I'm not understanding your comment clearly.

Easy fanboi, don't get defensive now. :D

I think he meant....musicians and artists generally always strive to be new and creative, but they also always have to go back to their old days.

Or maybe he meant...... at this site we're all musicians trying to do our own thing, but many of the hapless fucks in here are stuck in a musical black hole where time stopped in 1978.

Very, very few bands/musicians can stay relevant 40 years after their heyday. They all become revival acts, cover bands of themselves, and the ones that don't are relegated to playing small clubs to only their most hardcore fans. No one goes to Aerosmith concerts to hear their new album cuts. That's when everyone leaves to take a piss and buy beer. I suppose if Jeff Lynne had said "I'm only playing my newest material", if he even has any, the promoters would have said "okay, fuck you then" and they would have moved on to the next easy listening geezer.
LOL! Youre right. It must be a pain in the ass to write new stuff and no one give a fuck! Lmao! Unfortunately I don't have that problem! LOL!

LOL! Youre right. It must be a pain in the ass to write new stuff and no one give a fuck! Lmao! Unfortunately I don't have that problem! LOL!

I write new stuff constantly. No one gives a fuck, and neither do I. Very few people even hear it. As long as I entertain myself, I'm good.

Big guy, in this statement you made, I know to be true. I am working with a guy who had a pretty big hit in the 90's at 16, went platinum. For the last 12 years he has been making incredible new music, not like what he made when it went big. Manager comes up to him, hey, we need the original members get that old vibe back. He is like, OK, but I want to bring some of my new stuff with me, it is who I am now. Manager guy say, no one wants to hear that shit, no one will pay you money to play that new stuff, they want to hear the old stuff and new stuff that sounds like the old stuff. The guy is only 35 and they want to put him on the "let's remember the old days" tour.

By the way, I was just saying I thought Jeff's voice still held up after all these years. Good performance.

Hendrix had started going in kind of a jazz direction before he died and people hated it. Guess it's just human nature.

Last edited:
I'll give you an asshat that was great back when and has continued to evolve into new great accomplishments.....but could start up the "old Band" and sell out Colosseums worldwide in a heartbeat.../

One word Elfman....but then again ...he's only a lad

Lynne is BAD ASS by the way...though the travelling Willburys is now like 20 years old it was a thing in of itself with several billboard hits..

Easy fanboi, don't get defensive now. :D

I think he meant....musicians and artists generally always strive to be new and creative, but they also always have to go back to their old days.

Or maybe he meant...... at this site we're all musicians trying to do our own thing, but many of the hapless fucks in here are stuck in a musical black hole where time stopped in 1978.

Yep... it was more Option B - what are you guys all doing still listening to stuff from the 70s if you're all musicians creating new music....?

But don't let me stop the outpouring of love and admiration for My Lynne, who's a fine fellow, I'm sure. He lost me, if he ever had me, at the Wilburys.... as did everyone who was in that band.

Don't get me wrong, I have my memory lane favourites too, but I also have music created as recently as, say, this year, by people who aren't in their 60s...:D

Yep... it was more Option B - what are you guys all doing still listening to stuff from the 70s if you're all musicians creating new music....?

But don't let me stop the outpouring of love and admiration for My Lynne, who's a fine fellow, I'm sure. He lost me, if he ever had me, at the Wilburys.... as did everyone who was in that band.

Don't get me wrong, I have my memory lane favourites too, but I also have music created as recently as, say, this year, by people who aren't in their 60s...:D
I liked the ELO stuff. After that I could less. I thought the Wilbury stuff was mediocre at best. Just MHO.

Last edited:
two-old-men-joke.jpg

"I'll have you know I'm considered quite hip where I come from!"

Lol. You're at the wrong site dude. Geezer mentality runs rampant up in here.

Back