The New Tone Thread

we were talking about slide a bit back and now miner has used some reverse delay which I'm currently finding very interesting in how it can give you the 'atmospheric' feeling of echo without actually sounding like echos.

Here's a couple of sections of something I'm working on where I'll be using slide as part of the bed ..... there will be vocals and/or orchestral stuff going on over this.
The slide is probably a bit hotter than it will be in the mix because I just did it and am dialing in the reverse delay so I want to hear it well.

Of course ..... once everything's there, who knows?
For that matter who knows if I'll ever even fool with it again? It's a strange world .......... :D

also .... not any kind of music that you will like ..... just showing you the emo-slide

Nice Bob, kinda Gilmour/Floyd-like in spots, then in places it's kinda country-ish...I like it dude, to me, the slide here has a vocal like quality that I try to get happenin', without any luck most of the time, well done!!!

On the reverse-delay, I actually stumbled onto that, & didn't actually have to tweak very much, just the overall fx levels, along with getting the delay in time with the bpm...
Most of the stuff I end up with are "happy accidents"....:laughings:

Sounds great dude!!!

I know exactly where you mean. I'm not sure if I like that or not ..... but since it'll be under vocals it prolly doesn't matter.

Thanks man.

Well Bob, believe it or not, I do like some country music, it's part of where I grew up. But, I do like the track you posted a lot man, I think it's great myself. The guitar parts stand out in this a lot more than your other clips, & I mean that in a good way...

No gig tonight???

Greg, I've just posted a complete remix of an old song in the Clinic. Can you take a listen. You know the song already. Its gonna be my last mix that I'm gonna do before working on the vocals.

Send me a link. I'm not going anywhere near the clinic.

we were talking about slide a bit back and now miner has used some reverse delay which I'm currently finding very interesting in how it can give you the 'atmospheric' feeling of echo without actually sounding like echos.

Here's a couple of sections of something I'm working on where I'll be using slide as part of the bed ..... there will be vocals and/or orchestral stuff going on over this.
The slide is probably a bit hotter than it will be in the mix because I just did it and am dialing in the reverse delay so I want to hear it well.

For that matter who knows if I'll ever even fool with it again? It's a strange world .......... :D

also .... not any kind of music that you will like ..... just showing you the emo-slide

Haha that's pretty amazing Boob. Nicely done. That's really slidey.

Are you tuned any weird way? Just standard?

I have to say Lt Bob that you have a great tone and touch on that piece. I really like the deep echo thats going on.

I bought a clownburst LP copy a couple of weeks ago that is one fine guitar...with the exception of the pickups. They sucked.

I ordered a set of tonerider alcino 4 humbuckers. I'm used to the duncan 1959's on my Les Paul Studio. I played it for years so its really all I have to compare them to. That being said I LOVE these pups. I recorded these tracks with a Shure SM 57 close to the speaker. Playing through a fender mustang modeling amp. Its turned up kind of loud. These pickups are not real hot. I think 7.6 on the neck and 8.9 on the bridge. Im not crazy about the real hot pickups for my playing style though

Please excuse my sloppy playing....I'm getting kind of rusty from not playing much.

This is the clean sound
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4koycre89oyeev6/clean toneriders.wav?dl=0

A little ac/dc/style gain
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjlh1zrrqvtfryx/more gain toneriders.wav?dl=0

Allman brothers style clean lead
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfs0jf0c7lhm30j/clean lead tonerider.wav?dl=0

Higher gain rock lead
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vcme5whlc56upu/higher gain lead.wav?dl=0

Blues tone
https://www.dropbox.com/s/31w0lideddhnv4a/blues lead lead tonerider-01.wav?dl=0

I have to say Lt Bob that you have a great tone and touch on that piece. I really like the deep echo thats going on.
thank you sir

man .... those tones of yours are very good .... all 4 of them .... and, despite your disclaimer, the playing is very nice.

wow ..... long sustain ..... what amp?

so they sound way different than the Duncans?

Bob, that sounds great. I fell asleep listening to it last night, listened to it again this morning. Does indeed sounds very Floydish.

Ha! Lt. Bob's chillout moods Vol.1. :D Nice playing. :thumbs up:

Back