Okay,so how do you do this...

acidrock

GO PACKERS!
I think I've seen this posted before,but I may be wrong.
So here goes...

When you open a track the input/output boxes open after volume,pan and trim.As you pull down down on the track the input/output boxes show,so on and so forth,in a set order.

What I'd like to do is change the sequence in which these boxes appear.Saving screen space by only showing the boxes I want to see.
The order I want is...
volume
pan
aux1
aux2
Can you do this?
The other day I became so frustrated,I actually went to the console view to mix! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks!

Sorry, don't think it's possible... (Allthough you can chooce at the bottom of the page between to see All, Mix, FX and I/O...

Isn't the Console View great?!?!? :D

acidrock said:
The other day I became so frustrated,I actually went to the console view to mix! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I want you to write on the board 500 times, "I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. I will not use Console View. "

I feel your pain, acidrock...

Remember the old days of CWPA 9... One of the good thing I missed from it is the way it allowed us to arrange our own track view layout.... I didn't see any reason why Cakewalk had pulled this option on SONAR. Not to complain, but.... hell, yes, I complain it... :rolleyes:

;)
Jaymz

Almighty Dachay.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why do most people dislike the console view? I don't have a problem with it, although it's not a high-tech looking thing like Samplitude. Can't you pretty much get to everything from the console view just as you can from the track view? I thought you could, but then again, I think I write good music, too!!

ed

Guitar Ed - Console view is superfluous to requirements. You can do everything you want in Track View. Console view is for show when you have clients come over...or you want to impress your Mom/girlfriend/wife/neighbour etc.;)

guitar ed said:
P.S.---Dachay, there's only 108 there. Someone's gettin' off easy!!

ed
Well, acidrock is generally well behaved most of the time. So I'm chalking it up to simply a misguided adolescent impulse. THIS TIME! Future transgressions will be dealt with more harshly. :)

And Paul has it right. Console View is redundant to Track View and ultimately more difficult to work in. And Console Automation was invented by Cakewalk in order to deal with disgruntled customers.

User: "I'm having a problem with your stupid friggin' program. What idiot wrote the code for this? Are you guys all on drugs over there?"
Cakewalk: "I'm sorry about that sir. That situation can easily be fixed by just using the handy Console Automation feature." muahahahah, asshole

I think new users gravitate to console view because it is "familiar." However, there is a major difference between putting your real hands on a mixing console, versus using a mouse on a picture of one. I've yet to find one thing that you can do in Console View that can't be done just as easy, or easier, in Track View. Plus you eliminate the need to switch views.

One man's opinion, anyway. :D

Yes gentelmen...
Console View is what I often look at when it comes to mix. Fader up and down, draggin' those FX, etc... it just made it easier. Still I'm thinking of customizeable Track View layout like the old days will be great.

In Scott Garrigus' "Sonar 2 Power!" he explains how you can change the order of the controls in the track view (it doesn't work for the console view).

If I'm not editing, I prefer the console view, I wish there was a way to shrink the module size a little, and eliminate the empty space between the auxes and the Phase/Mono-Stereo buttons, so you could "stack" mixer channels, without changing the aux master or mains controls, if I can fit exactly 14 channels plus the aux masters plus the L/R mix main on my screen now, "stacking" would get me 28 channels of mixer plus the master section, I would really LOVE having that as an option!

^^^

I mainly use it for checking my outputs to see if Im cliping on the Output. The size of the sliders are easier than the Track view screen.

Strryder said:
In Scott Garrigus' "Sonar 2 Power!" he explains how you can change the order of the controls in the track view (it doesn't work for the console view).
So spill the beans, Strryder. Wasn't that acidrock's original question that started this thread?

That's what I was talking about....

COOL!
I'm going to try this out real soon.

Now armed with this knowledge I shall once and for all put the console view into the grave it so truly deserves.....

Die console view die!Never again will I have to endure your supreme suck-ocity!

I am wondering if the meter has a widget name. It would be nice to move that sucker to the top in the track view.

Is there anywhere in the track view to see your overall output? Or are we still forced to open the console view to see it?

ed

It's there Guitar Ed... down of the screen...
Click it, adjust the view... Check it out... :)

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 158
Back