Okay,so how do you do this...

acidrock said:
Now a sensible guy like me is as easily swayed by frilly GUI's.:p
You and the chicks! :D

Seriously, I like the Console View because I find it easier to read off Volume, Pan, effects, etc...

Guess I should proof read my post's

I meant to say.....

Now a sensible guy like me is'nt as easily swayed by frilly GUI's.

DOH!

I thought frilly GIs were just gay soldiers with a preference for cross dressing. Maybe I got that wrong!:D Glad it all worked Acidrock.

johnhoe said:
I thought frilly GIs were just gay soldiers with a preference for cross dressing. Maybe I got that wrong!:D Glad it all worked Acidrock.
It's obiously that most of you don't use a dual monitor setup... Try it, and you'll love the Console View! ;)

dachay2tnr said:
I heard that in Sonar 3.0 when you click the icon for Console View you will get an electric shock.

"...and sudenly hair will grow on a strange places of your body :rolleyes: "

:D

James Argo said:
"...and sudenly hair will grow on a strange places of your body :rolleyes: "
I thought that was normal... :eek:
Will it go away if I stop using the Console View?

:D

So how exactly DO you change the volume levels + panning etc via the normal track view?

*Newbie mode off*

CanopuS said:
So how exactly DO you change the volume levels + panning etc via the normal track view?
You just click on the Vol or Pan bar and drag your mouse. You can also double-click to set it back to their default (0 Vol or Center Pan).

You could also set up an envelope (just started playing with these - and they're pretty cool) on the track. Right click in the track data area and choose Envelopes -> Create -> Volume/Pan/whatever. Then, you can right click on the dotted line that appears over the track data and select Add Node. Then drag the node around to just where you want it. You can also right click between two nodes in your envelope to choose between linear adjustment or slow/fast curve adjustment or a jump to the next value. They're lots o' fun! :D

HTH,
-Jeff

CanopuS said:
But with PA9 you need to create Pan and Volume envelopes for each clip. That's solved much easier in Sonar! One more reason to upgrade... :D

Hmmmm

Frankly I'm stupid :)

I thought I was good at cakewalk and I can't even get that stuff to work (think it's time for Sonar, atleast then I can claim I don't know what to do because I only just got it :P)

If you find the the envelopes if you right-click on a clip and select Envelopes -> Volume (or Pan for that matter)... :)

Oh... If I remember correctly PA9 only have envelopes for Audio-clips. Are you working with MIDI?

Back