Pro Tools 8 LE Fixed Everything!

The issue I was having with really low track counts has been solved! Huzzah!

Where once I could play only 16 or so tracks on my Macbook Pro, I can now play 48!

Yay :)

kinda reminds me of logic ahem hem... and that quick swipe comp, never seen that before...

lol

It's becuase previously it was so bright that it made a lot of people get sore eyes.

Particularly in small dark post rooms, with no windows ;)

steve ... are you talking about increased computer efficiency(in pt8) with getting you more tracks? Or just the increased track count offered.

Pro tools always seems to get a bit cpu heavy on me and was hoping they figured out how to take a little load off.

PT 8 is .. I think either make or break for me and pro tools. I like it but I just dont feel right in pro-tools. I want to have confidence in my program!

Hope it works out for you, thanks, eric!

steve ... are you talking about increased computer efficiency(in pt8) with getting you more tracks? Or just the increased track count offered.

Pro tools always seems to get a bit cpu heavy on me and was hoping they figured out how to take a little load off.

PT 8 is .. I think either make or break for me and pro tools. I like it but I just dont feel right in pro-tools. I want to have confidence in my program!

Hope it works out for you, thanks, eric!

Although I'm now 99% sure I had an installation issue with PT 7.3, I'm talking a ridiculous amount more CPU efficiency with this version.

If I have regular Macbook 2BG of RAM .... Is this enough to run protools with all the plug-ins, or do i beef it up to 4GB or higher?

It sorta depends on which plug-ins. It's my (potentially flawed) understanding that it's the processor that limits the amount of plugins: ram is used more for virtual instruments and sampling.

Pro Tools Fixed Everything!

.. but can it fix my mixes!?

I'm either upgrading to 8 or ditching pro-tools. I want ADC and VST support, unlimited tracks and super computer efficiency.

Picky? Shouldn't a person be this picky when their generation of audio recording is practically done for them...

It's becuase previously it was so bright that it made a lot of people get sore eyes.

Particularly in small dark post rooms, with no windows ;)

Is there an option to have the "classic" styling?

I had a quick look at a friend's installation and it made me freak out a little bit!!!

I like the way PT looked before.....I guess i'm just so used to seeing it that (for the few minutes I had to play with it) it felt very confusing/disorientating...despite the near-identical layout.

Is there an option to have the "classic" styling?

I had a quick look at a friend's installation and it made me freak out a little bit!!!

I like the way PT looked before.....I guess i'm just so used to seeing it that (for the few minutes I had to play with it) it felt very confusing/disorientating...despite the near-identical layout.

No, you can get close-ish to it, but not the same.

You get used to the new darker colouring very quickly. In fact when I have gone back to using 7.4 and earlier, I've hated the brighter grey screens.

Give it a try! :-)

Agreed 8 rocks my socks.
Playlists work brilliand, multiple automation lanes, a decent midi editor, much much much prettier (you will gro to love it, I had a little freak out first but got used to it quick)

infact their is only one or two things I want from PT now, one of those is to have guitar rig work again and FM8 but thats not digis fault. That just leaves audo to midi conversion and thats it! (actually thinking about it I might post on that topic now)

Back