plugins mac/windows

It should not matter how many machines its loaded on as long as it was purchased legally.

Gosh....having had a close friend in the Bay Area who was writing code for DAW's in the early days before proper protection schemes and watching him lose, not only his business, but his home I can think of VERY little on Earth that I disagree with more than your stance here.

Most manufacturers currently are MORE than fair about their stance on piracy. Simply put the plug-ins can be used by the person who purchased the software on as many machines as he or she choses as long as the plug-in is in sole use on only one machine at a time. The rest, both by statute and IMHO ethically is theft.

A "mirror image" copy would not properly install the Waves copy protection scheme. Your friend may have given you what he or she described as a copy but if you were able to drag it into your Sonar world and they worked it was a crack, not a copy.

I'll be glad to help you with your other Pro Tools stuff but personally I have always and will always stay away from cracked plug-in discussions.

Sorry :)

The plugins are not cracked. So, it would have been better,or make you feel better if he loaded the plugins from his disc..his purchased disc instead of me copying it and loading in my spare time? Loaded into a computer that many times HE uses? So let me ask you this. If I flew out to your house with my freshly purchased waves platinum plugins I paid 3000 buck for and offered to install them on your compuer and a kind gesture that would be wrong and you would say no? Just want to exersise some conversation.

Last edited:
Naw jmorris, I don't want to get into a pissing match over semantics. I have some fairly deep convictions concerning this stuff (particularly personal experience regarding friends) and I need to steer clear of any arguments of the merits there in.

It's an argument and a dilemma no one can win on a web forum. As Shakespeare said That way madness lies :)

Yeah, I can understand your stance Joeseph and I dont want a pissing match either.You have been most helpful indeed to me and others here. I DO agree that stealing anything is wrong. If you knew me you'd find Im about the most honest person around....never even parked in a handycap area as I have no decal. A bit per peve of mine here in new york:mad:Anyways I just have a hard time comparing a friend/co-worker loading on plugin he bought from store onto my computer with someone that download off interent from some scumbag that stole them. I think we could agree on this? over a beer?;) And I very much do have Appreciation for your thoguths and your position given your day job.
Jim

Joseph, so let me ask you, and anyone esle for that matter. Would using software the way I have be considered "cracking"? My image of cracked software is where obtained a copy of software and put it up on a website for people to download. Free or very little charge. Maybe Im wrong?:confused:

as i understand it, cracking software is manipulating the software in order to bypass security. ie it wont ask for a serial or ilok or whatever.

Looking back, this was a good conversation. To settle a dispute I had, is going 50/50 on expensive software and sharing it on two computers wrong in your eye(s)?????

Back