Zzounds

AlinMV

Has anyone purchased any gear at Zzounds? If so, what kind of experience did you all have? I am about to plunk down some dough and found some great prices but need to know what kind of BS I may have to deal with. I have never ordered anything on the web yet.

Thanks

AlinMV

I haven't had any problems with gear I bought from Zzounds, but BEWARE whether something is actually in stock or not. I have had trouble with them in that area. They recently revamped their website, boasting of filling a warehouse with gear so that the customer would no longer have to wait for backorders (I've waited 6 weeks for stuff before). Right off the bat I ordered a guitar they indicated was "in stock". Two days later I received an e-mail saying that not only was the guitar out-of-stock but is was no longer available to them. Normally, one would expect to have the option of cancelling a backorder but Zzounds doesn't allow for that. Once you order, if you're item is out-of-stock you're stuck!
No cancelling...just waiting!

i just bought a pair of 20/20bas from them, but they only sent me one, and they are having a hard time realising the fcat that they need to send me another one.

Hey kristian, I had the same one-monitor dilemna from american musical supply.

All I got was one beat to shit monitor. After about two weeks of wrangling, I got them to send another pair.
The second pair arrived with one monitor with the woofer mechanics sliding around inside of it.

By this time I was really pissed, the first speaker was beat but usable, so I didn't send it back. I got them to knock $60 off the price I paid.

The moral of the story is beware, and hope that you get two monitors not one :)

-Jett Rocker

YO:

Zzounds quality on the net has definitely SHITINIZED, in the past few months.

They used to be pretty good; but now, they are selling "used" gear as a frontine promo.

That smelleth of organizational growth, kind of like educational administrators who have never taught but keep telling the experienced teachers how to teach.

Yeah, I'm nagging again.

Green Hornet

Ive bought over $1000 worth of gear and never had a problem, but that was back when they had free shipping on all orders,no matter how small. Something looks different about them now. Growing pains as GH said.

now they claim that i only ordered one speaker, for $409. im going to have to spend some more time on the phone with them. i DO NOT recommend them, as they close before their support hours are stated. i often call between 2~4 and no one picks up. and i leave a message and my call isnt returned for days.

Dude leave those dicks a new message every hour. Loading up the answering machines actually works sometimes.

Stay calm: Tell them something like. " I choose to make my purchase at ZZounds because of quality products, and a reputation for great service."

Tell them that you'd like to still give them the benefit of the doubt, but you are enormously dissapointed and frustrated with the quality of service and treatment you have received so far.

Tell them that didn't think that it should be a problem for a retailer to live up to their end of the financial contract entered into when you placed your order.

Four or five messages a day. They're probably hoping you'll give up. If all else fail threaten to get the better business bureau involved. This could put them on the defensive, so it should be a last resort.

409 sounds too high for one speaker but too low for the pair. Maybe it was a misprint. It doesn't matter though on your end. They advertised an item at a set price, mistake or no mistake, you paid and only received half of the advertised product.

Bottom line: their problem not yours.

-Jett-Rocker

thats my exact problem wih them. i dont care if thats not what they meant to put on the website. but if you buy a car from ford.com (theoretical) and they mistakenly said it was $2,000 not $20,000 well then they're shit out of luck. they cant change what they sold me after the fact. i sent them the page i saved when i bought since it was such a good price i knew there might be some trouble up the road, and their was.

They gave up the money atleast. im getting all postage paid returned and $409. But since they dont stock event products anymore they wouldnt send me another. which is what i wanted because that is what i bought. i am atleast glad to be back to the beginning. and my quest for a nice pair of montitors begins again.

p.s.- fuck zzounds.com

Fuck me. My wife ordered me an Evolution MIDI controller from them for Christmas. I haven't seen it yet. I hope I don't open it and find a lump of coal.

Hey Kristian, If you're still interested in Event monitors,
I got a great pair of PS6's from http://www.music123.com. They matched the lowest price I could find on the internet ($459) and gave me free shipping. Had 'em in my hot little hands in 5 days. Now that you mention it, I do recall that when I ordered them the salesman asked if I was ordering 1 or 2? Maybe those in retail are unclear that monitoring requires at least 2. Huh?

the PS6 were my original choices in that price range, but since i saw a store selling used, usually stores only sell high quality used products, i thought i might snag the 20/20bas and check them out. most likely i will get the PS6 now. thanks for the new store, ill check it out.

Well...I got my Evolution keyboard from Zzounds today--brought to us by our neighbor who had been out of town. UPS delivered it to the wrong address--on Friday!

Here's an excerpt from the e-mail I'm sending them:

"It was immediately obvious that the package had seen much abuse during shipping. One end of the outer box was crushed badly and ripped open (not cut) with great force. The gaping hole spanned 16 inches and covered two sides of the box. We opened the outer shipping box to inspect the inner merchandise box, and although it was not ripped or cut, it also bore the marks of rough handling "before shipping." It did not have the look of a new item. Inside the merchandise box we found only two small 12”x 24” loose pieces of bubble wrap that had been crudely cut to that size and were offering little, if any protection. This could not possibly be the original packing. Also, the small 6”x 8” box containing the manual even had a gouge in it. This keyboard has obviously been in and out of the original box and packing before. It looks as if it has been shipped and returned more than once—and was inadequately repacked before being shipped to me. It was not in new condition.

"The outside of the plastic keyboard, itself, appeared to be undamaged, but who knows about the sensitive electronics inside. Therefore, I have not even tried to use it. For all I know, the handling may have caused damage inside that I won’t discover for several weeks. Or perhaps in several weeks or months the thing just quits working because of damage caused during shipping. Either way, I know that it is detrimental to handle electronics roughly. For all of these reasons, I am not willing to accept this item. It is not what I paid for, and I do not want it. I paid for a new item, safely shipped to my door, not a previously returned item that appears to have been handled by gorillas."

I'm sure this was a previously returned item. On Tuesday I will call them for either another keyboard or my money. Depending on my mood I may threaten to never do business with them again unless they sweeten the deal with some extras. I will not be satisfied with talking with a sales rep. I will talk to sales manager, and if I don't get satisfaction I will fire off a letter to the VP of sales and tell him/her that I will trash their name on this BBS and anywhere else I can.

I am an exponential prick.

thats kinda what i was doing here. i didnt want to bash them incase i am hypocritical and use them again sometime. but they have done some pretty stiff sales and support to me and other people ive heard. i just though we should all be a little more weary.

Back