ZR Accoustics

anoopbal

I just came across this and seems be a revolutionary concept in room acoustics. I am not sure if this has been discussed here before. I was watching an interview of the guy who came up with this technology with bobby Owinski. Basically, what you hear is the direct sound from the speakers. No diffusors, no base traps nothing needed.

The testimonial section of their site has some amazing quotes from well known people in the industry: Delta H Design | Testimonials

i looked at the pricing and it is not that bad you know. Anyone heard about this?

It may be revolutionary, but the whole site is incomprehensible.

Here is an example of pseudo-scientific goobledygook:"ZR is embedded with aperiodic tessellated fractal mathematics hybridized with chaos theory divergence and extreme acoustic resolution."

I browsed through the site to figure out what they were offering, and what the underlying principle was, and came up against a totally content-free wall of words.

I smell snake oil

Here is an example of pseudo-scientific goobledygook:"ZR is embedded with aperiodic tessellated fractal mathematics hybridized with chaos theory divergence and extreme acoustic resolution."

I browsed through the site to figure out what they were offering, and what the underlying principle was, and came up against a totally content-free wall of words.

I smell snake oil

I'm always interested in new products and ideas but always like to see them backed up with actual independent lab test results. I can't see any on their site?

Lots of reading garners little real information. I tried to see my reflection but there was too much smoke.

Very true. in fact, I sent an email and I wrote the "site is extremely confusing".

I saw a thread from gearslutz a few years back (2008) : https://www.gearslutz.com/board/studio-building-acoustics/336712-zr-acoustics.html

The interview can be watched for free though Lynda.com is subscription based. Watch it before they take it down. :) Watch the Online Video Course Hanson Hsu with Bobby Owsinski: Radically Rethinking Room Acoustics

here is an article about it too: Prosound Network: Delta H Design 'ZR Acoustics' Treatment Philosophy

From what I have read, most people who have heard it has been pretty impressed. And I am guessing some of the people in the testimonial section are pretty big, right?

Testimonials - are they real?
"When we brought DHDI onto our project, our control room was so reverberant that you couldn’t even have a conversation with a person standing two feet away. Now our room has no reflections and is incredibly accurate. They definitely worked miracles! "
- Billy Klein
Really? A studio that had a control room that sounded that bad?
Looking through the products, they seem to be 3/4" to 1.25" thick diffusion panels ("Extreme Acoustic Resolution
( Non-parallel surfaces per square foot )").

" ...embedded with aperiodic tessellated fractal mathematics hybridized with chaos theory divergence and extreme acoustic resolution."

When someone asks me about how my basic Roxul treated room works, I'm going to say that. ;-P

I'd give this 2 out of 10 for website design, no actually 1 out of 10, one of the worst one's I've seen in a very long time, wtf is the product? nothing on the site makes sense to me.

I'd give this 2 out of 10 for website design, no actually 1 out of 10, one of the worst one's I've seen in a very long time, wtf is the product? nothing on the site makes sense to me.

Exactly. I think you are far too generous with your 1 out of 10!

Back