zoom r16 should you buy it?

turnerkj

If you are looking for an affordable yet good quality sound making device. Buy this product. I am getting good quality recordings out of it and i am fully tracking drums, guitars, bass and vocals. Just a side note here.......go and spend 30 extra dollars along with your r16 purchase and get the two hour long dvd from pro audio. You will be able to fully operate this thing after watching this.

In answer to your question, No. Buy the R24 because in the long run it makes sense. It'll take you weeks to work out how everything works and then you'll realise what a great piece of kit it is for the money. I have two R24's linked and have been using that recorder for 16 months very solidly and find it a very good tool with a lot of flexibility.

Regards

Tim

I have the R16 - it's very, very good. The 24 makes heaps of sense though - I like lots of tracks when recording - many I don't use in the final mix but I like to have them there as options in a mix. The 16 offers me a good bundle but I end up dragging everything into Reaper so that I can add more.
24 is not that much dearere & is well worth it.
I didn't know there was a vid. Would you post a link so I have a chance to order it?

Hashttp://proaudiodvds.com/
And Yes, I AgreeThe 24 Is A Better Bang For The Buck, But I Don'T Need The Extra Tracks, 8 IS More ThaN Enough For My Needs. AnD I Did Not Want To Be Distracted By The Drum Machine. Now TheOnly 2 Tracks With Phantom Can Be Frustrating But IsEnough For My Needs As I'm Tracking EveryThing Independently Other Than Drums.

Note. I Believe Pro AudiO HaS A Dvd For The R24 As Well

Thanks For Your Inputs.......

Hashttp://proaudiodvds.com/
And Yes, I AgreeThe 24 Is A Better Bang For The Buck, But I Don'T Need The Extra Tracks, 8 IS More ThaN Enough For My Needs. AnD I Did Not Want To Be Distracted By The Drum Machine. Now TheOnly 2 Tracks With Phantom Can Be Frustrating But IsEnough For My Needs As I'm Tracking EveryThing Independently Other Than Drums.

Note. I Believe Pro AudiO HaS A Dvd For The R24 As Well

Thanks For Your Inputs.......

Back